Investment year in review.

Nomad

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Whatever makes you happy is most important.

Yep, 100%. Some people love their job/career as a definition of their identity. It is a choice after all.

I am appreciative of my career and an honest self-assessment is that I out-punted my coverage. I barely graduated high school because I wasn't engaged. It took me way too many years to "grow up." My career started five years later than most normal people, and then crap started clicking. I couldn't have predicted where I am now back then and its way beyond my best case scenario all things considered. I do my best to count my blessings.

All that said, I've darn near sold my soul to my employer in terms of time and work-life balance, and the impact on my health. My work shouldn't define who I am - as a personal belief. I need enough time not working to prove that. Hence the desire to retire early. I'll have helped enough people along the way IMO that I'll have nothing left in the tank to add value with. 55-65 is going to be me being available for my family as much as humanly possible. They deserve it.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, phade said:

I am appreciative of my career and an honest self-assessment is that I out-punted my coverage. I barely graduated high school because I wasn't engaged. It took me way too many years to "grow up." My career started five years later than most normal people, and then crap started clicking. I couldn't have predicted where I am now back then and its way beyond my best case scenario all things considered. I do my best to count my blessings.

This part is exactly me. I was enrolled, but barely ever attended, in 4 colleges in 4 years lol

• Like 1

My experience in the larger firm legal profession is that your highest earning years are from the middle to the end of your career and most don't want to leave money on the table.   We have to throw partners out at 65.   Most don't want to retire.

5 hours ago, moog5050 said:

My experience in the larger firm legal profession is that your highest earning years are from the middle to the end of your career and most don't want to leave money on the table.   We have to throw partners out at 65.   Most don't want to retire.

Yup. Many law firms / corporations have mandatory scale-down then retirement by age X. But other firm/companies will scoop those guys up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 8:48 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Crypto crash today. Just added more Cardano

On 5/19/2021 at 9:34 AM, Belo said:

how the crypto guys doing? My puts are printing today and everything else sucks.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:33 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I bought more cardano during the dip today. HODL be my name

On 5/19/2021 at 1:19 PM, The Jerkman said:

Only cardano I only like proof of stake coins since they produce less waste than Bitcoin

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

HODL thy Cardano. $2.33!

Cardano really holding that support above $2.80 even with those pansy ass paper hands selling for profits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What’s your target moving of course? I got in at about .8 for awhile the moved a bit more at 1.3 might sell a bit of ETH and move it to ADA
  • Like 1

What’s your target moving of course? I got in at about .8 for awhile the moved a bit more at 1.3 might sell a bit of ETH and move it to ADA

HODLing forever! Haha idk actually. Maybe $10? I’m kinda just pretending it’s gone money and hope someday it’s like $100K worth

• Like 2

HODLing forever! Haha idk actually. Maybe $10? I’m kinda just pretending it’s gone money and hope someday it’s like $100K worth

That was my Bitcoin plan years ago, however now it’s real money and maybe I need to turn it in to farm house in MO and some new ground. Or I just keep sweating it out
  • Like 2

That was my Bitcoin plan years ago, however now it’s real money and maybe I need to turn it in to farm house in MO and some new ground. Or I just keep sweating it out

Happy to check fence posts for you once a year during deer season lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

20e2467d63327a876c2f72ba7e98e298.jpg

A nice late august rally and the 401k is into the clubhouse at 16% YTD. I hope @Robhuntandfish didn’t sell everything!

lol.  Nope been locked in.  Gotta check it and see what its running.  I was running 9.2 prior 3 months and 11 YTD.  But i am in a little more conservative program since i have less than 10 years to retire. 

update - just checked it - YTD 13.09.  !  Anything over 5 for the next few years i should be good 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

It’s easier  to hit those numbers when you’re young . Mrs Nomads 401, which is our largest holding , domestic stocks ytd 35%, foreign 25% ,but being balanced the bonds at 1.5% , with a 60/40 balance stock/bond drag the numbers down .

Luckly for myself , instead of bonds, I’m in the general acct. of my deferred comp. and it’s paying close to 4% I haven’t checked my stock holdings, but our farm land is raising nicely .

• Like 1