Investment year in review.

Nomad

11 minutes ago, Belo said:

ah yes, when it comes to covid it's us upstaters who are soft. Notice they're not dropping off buses of illegals here? haha

You forget I live 75 miles from NYC. It's like you to Syracuse.

PS - CT lifted the silly mask mandate a full 6 months earlier than NY too

Edited by BizCT

32 minutes ago, BizCT said:

bb93b0faf1ef04782811010e9f06b336.jpg
-18% for me in 401K, which seems right considering I’m aggressive and S&P500 down -13%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I usually don’t pay attention.  My primary account is vanguard aggressive but I suspect it’s less aggressive than some.  Less up and down. No complaints over time however.  

24 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I usually don’t pay attention.  My primary account is vanguard aggressive but I suspect it’s less aggressive than some.  Less up and down. No complaints over time however.  

I'm just in the habit of checking, but yea it's just a minor blip hopefully in the grand scheme of retirement

20 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

My last quarterly statement I lost 25 grand . But ya know ,I feel much better about th direction the country is headed ,WTF.

But you keep buying low. So once Joey's puppetmaster's reign is over and things recover you'll be fine. Unless you are retiring in the next 2-3 years then you're dunzo.

3 hours ago, BizCT said:

But you keep buying low. So once Joey's puppetmaster's reign is over and things recover you'll be fine. Unless you are retiring in the next 2-3 years then you're dunzo.

Hopefully those retiring in 2-3 years have an appropriately balanced portfolio.   

20 hours ago, BizCT said:

You forget I live 75 miles from NYC. It's like you to Syracuse.

PS - CT lifted the silly mask mandate a full 6 months earlier than NY too

you can't quite claim CT yet bud. You have to be there at least a year (or full deer season) haha. And you're still a downstater to us :)

Edited by Belo
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I am down 10% from Dec 21.  Not too worried though.  

Down 12% YTD here. It'll be choppy for the next 12-18 mos. I can't see them reducing interest rates anytime soon like some pundits are saying will happen once the Fed peaks their base rate. Some guy on CNBC was saying the Fed will only keep peak interest rate for a very short period of time. Can't see that myself.

16 hours ago, BizCT said:

I'm just in the habit of checking, but yea it's just a minor blip hopefully in the grand scheme of retirement

I haven't looked as often with the churn but I have the Fidelity app and have my 401K, Roth IRA on it, and our company distributes RSUs through them, the dashboard is right on the main page so it's impossible to not see it lol. RSUs just vested this month so naturally we're all in there at our company. Admittedly, I still use RH for my individual stock account. No idea why other than I like the simpleton nature of it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phade said:

Down 12% YTD here. It'll be choppy for the next 12-18 mos. I can't see them reducing interest rates anytime soon like some pundits are saying will happen once the Fed peaks their base rate. Some guy on CNBC was saying the Fed will only keep peak interest rate for a very short period of time. Can't see that myself.

I agree.  I don’t think rates are going down.  They are still low from a historical perspective and spending needs to be curbed to stop inflation.  In the end, with my firms non qualified plan for partners, I probably have 17-18yr before even thinking about touching my retirement account so I’ll just ride it out and continue investing.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Belo said:

you can't quite claim CT yet bud. You have to be there at least a year (or full deer season) haha. And you're still a downstater to us :)

well in westchester I was 50 miles away, so same as you to Seneca Falls

20 minutes ago, phade said:

#WestNewYork51stState

They don't vote. Ulster County (the real sticks of NY) just voted blue the other day. Monroe and Erie County are way way more blue than even the northern part of Westchester County.