Investment year in review.

Nomad

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

They’re lower now, buy more.   :)

How much more money should I invest. Had a bunch leftover but just had to buy fuel oil 439 gallon $1078. Also was going to buy a new rifle but school tax hit lol. I'll talk to my financial advisor lol. Should invest in fuel oil projection after midterm elections from good source fuel company $8-14 a gallon. Crazy stupid money.

22 minutes ago, BizCT said:

What a Time to be alive! Buy buy buy. Wonder if I can get a cash advance for my salary next year now to buy more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

negative IMO. some stocks haven't had much correction and who knows where things will happen. if you're long term and into something that's been doing well then sure buy that. other stuff has been a toss up. time to buy was when everything was locked down during covid around 2018-2019. i was ass-ential with a pay check still coming and wished i bought more.

negative IMO. some stocks haven't had much correction and who knows where things will happen. if you're long term and into something that's been doing well then sure buy that. other stuff has been a toss up. time to buy was when everything was locked down during covid around 2018-2019. i was ass-ential with a pay check still coming and wished i bought more.

You don’t think the market overall gets back to all time highs ever? Lol. There’s a 30%+ gain that will happen. Will It take 2 years or 4?

The time to buy is every 15 days and never stop

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BizCT said:

What a Time to be alive! Buy buy buy. Wonder if I can get a cash advance for my salary next year now to buy more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pr

I'll buy here soon again. I hope to invest with monthly money that is leftover. Tax season I'll invest more. My investments are long term possibly invest in other riskier and overseas stocks depending on market.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BizCT said:

You don’t think the market overall gets back to all time highs ever? Lol. There’s a 30%+ gain that will happen. Will It take 2 years or 4?
The time to buy is every 15 days and never stop

i do which is why i mentioned going for companies that have been around that won't go belly up. these have been odd times right now though if you're in individual stocks and not funds or at least larger cap stuff.

i do which is why i mentioned going for companies that have been around that won't go belly up. these have been odd times right now though if you're in individual stocks and not funds or at least larger cap stuff.

I can’t trade individual stocks anyway. I meant the market in general

I’ve rode out  ups and down since the mid 80’s , this time my concern level is up . We’re well diversified, stocks, bonds, general fund in my deferred comp, land ,physical gold , plus well my pension  . Largely out of stock funds and into solid dividend paying individual stocks .

Frankly the way the country is headed I’m not so sure of a few year recovery and I don’t think we’re anywhere near the bottom yet . I recall guys here saying ammo would turn around in a bit ,yet here we are two plus years later and in some aspects it’s worse .

we’ve been buying “ things “ RV, guns, ammo, more ammo … gold , new washer, dryer, new Furnace / AC , food  ,house repairs . The market can do whatever we’ll always have those .

• Like 3

I’ve rode out  ups and down since the mid 80’s , this time my concern level is up . We’re well diversified, stocks, bonds, general fund in my deferred comp, land ,physical gold , plus well my pension  . Largely out of stock funds and into solid dividend paying individual stocks .
Frankly the way the country is headed I’m not so sure of a few year recovery and I don’t think we’re anywhere near the bottom yet . I recall guys here saying ammo would turn around in a bit ,yet here we are two plus years later and in some aspects it’s worse .
we’ve been buying “ things “ RV, guns, ammo, more ammo … gold , new washer, dryer, new Furnace / AC , food  ,house repairs . The market can do whatever we’ll always have those .

Great point and we’ve done the same. Bought out the Ford Ranger and done a ton of home improvements during the past 6 months. Better for that liquid money to get spent on stuff we’ll enjoy for years.

• Like 2

Yes when I retired four years back, sided the house , new gutters, garage doors, storm doors, last year furnace , just had chimney repaired ,partly to cut down on my work as I age,partly to get the house set for our golden years . The price of having a house sided has shot way up since then btw , so,good timing .

My stock thoughts changed years back no longer trying for home runs in tech stocks or hold large index funds , to stocks doing more steady as she goes all paying dividends of just under 2%-3% as well .

Lowes, while brick and mortar stores took a hit with online sales, you still have to go there for a bag of cement or plywood .

Rpm- rustoleum , historic dividends , plus it doesn’t matter what your raise was this year or who’s the president, you’ll still by a gallon of paint when you need it . People cut back on vacations and cars , not paint .

Proctor and gamble , good times or bad people still wash their hair, face, and clothes , plus 40% sales over seas gives me international exposure.

L3 Harris 

Brown and Brown  ( up 144% the last five years ) vs 85% average in the market 

Boze Allen Hamilton aka the worlds most profitable spy organization  ( up 150% the last five years ) 

to name a few 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

Getting bargains on my 401k weekly buys.
After today I'm thinking I may need to buy but I know Biden is sure to knock the market down another 2000-3000 points before he dies of old age. Did he actually call out for a dead senator the other day at a presser!!!

I am impressed that there are still folks admitting they are dumb enough to keep following the lies and vote that puppet. Hope your teaching your offspring Chinese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...