Investment year in review.

Nomad

Tesla competitor Nikola Corp. skyrocketed as much as 104% on Monday after setting a June 29 reservation date for its new electric truck, the Badger.

Double up in 1 day And we all missed it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elmo said:

Cruise ships. I’m up over 100% in one line and over 134% in another since I went in in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for you! I should have . I waffled on Norwegian when it was $7.something , but wasn't confident enough.. Now it's almost $29.00. Only been playing at this for a little bit.. 

This is what a 1/3rd of my picks look like for today...

If only I had invested 1000s not 100s....lol... 

20200608_202650.jpg

Edited by ncountry
  • Like 1

Good for you! I should have . I waffled on Norwegian when it was $7.something , but wasn't confident enough.. Now it's almost $29.00. Only been playing at this for a little bit.. 
20200608_202650.thumb.jpg.784b8fba6e329b07f085c9fb9c1d52cd.jpg

Holy Hertz!

Hertz car rental. 575% in 3 days!

The stock HTZ+115.18% shot up 115.2% to $5.53 on record trading volume of more than 517.5 million shares. After running up 71.3% on Friday on 342.2 million shares, and 83.8% on Thursday on 268.0 million shares, the stock has now gained nearly 7-fold (up 574.4%) in three days, and almost 10-fold since closing at a record low of 56 cents on May 26.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ncountry said:

Your record so far looks outstanding.  Issue with putting a lot into an investment is you're less aggressive than if you're playing with house money.  I was afraid to go into GUSH back when it was under $30 because it had a volatile record.  Earning thousands is great but the prospect of losing tens of thousands is rough.  (It's happened to me before and that has me gun shy.)  I avoided anything that was already trending down even before the pandemic hit.  I also didn't get back into trading until after I was placed on leave from work so I missed out on a lot of the lows.

The only questionable one I went into was DraftKings which IPO'd a couple of months ago.  I got in at $30.  It jumped to $42.  I was hoping the news of basketball returning would boost it even more but it didn't.  Now it's back down to $38.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Holy Hertz!

Hertz car rental. 575% in 3 days!

The stock HTZ+115.18% shot up 115.2% to $5.53 on record trading volume of more than 517.5 million shares. After running up 71.3% on Friday on 342.2 million shares, and 83.8% on Thursday on 268.0 million shares, the stock has now gained nearly 7-fold (up 574.4%) in three days, and almost 10-fold since closing at a record low of 56 cents on May 26.

Seriously!  Great find by @ncountry.  Totally missed that one.  Looks like it's not too late either.  I might put a little in and thank ncountry for it.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 9:59 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wonder how fast his computer/internet connection was.

Missed this.. I think not very fast.. there wasn't cable where he lived so it had to be Verizon or maybe  satellite. 

This is why it's volatile.  Be careful.

The stock is set to open above May 22 closing price of $2.84; after that close, the car rental company filed for bankruptcy. The company hasn't released any material news the past two sessions, while the stock shot up 8.8% on Thursday on volume of 268 million shares and ran up 71.3% on Friday on volume of 342 million shares. The company did not immediately respond to a request for comment or information. Meanwhile, filings with the Security and Exchange Commission showed that Director Henry Keizer sold 7,438 shares of common stock on Thursday, Director Daniel Ninivaggi sold 3,000 shares on Friday and Joseph McPherson, Executive Vice President of North America Operations, recently sold 11,865 shares.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Elmo said:

Cruise ships. I’m up over 100% in one line and over 134% in another since I went in in April.

That took balls to go in on cruise ships . I myself thought they were Dunnzo . Congrats on being Bullish on Cruise Lines 

• Like 2

That took balls to go in on cruise ships . I myself thought they were Dunnzo . Congrats on being Bullish on Cruise Lines 

I was betting that companies may go bankrupt but not industries so I reviewed company’s past performances and financial records to try to predict which ones would be the last man standing amongst their group.

• Like 2

J
E
T
S
JETS JETS JETS IS SOLD FOR ME. It went at $19.21, bought at $13.20. 750 shares, so $4,500 profit in about 36 days. I'll likely flip it into VOO or Tesla
Don't forget taxes. So take out another 30% out of your alleged profits

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

44 minutes ago, Dr. Jerkman said:

Don't forget taxes. So take out another 30% out of your alleged profits

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

No. I will be using capital loss carryover to come out to -$3K for the year. So use $7,500 to come out to -$3,000. When I was young kid someone gave me stocks in a WNY electric company. It once got as high as $100K, but then folded before i turned 18. Nobody could touch it so i was left with $100K loss credit. I use -$3K each year.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

J

E

T

S

JETS JETS JETS IS SOLD FOR ME. It went at $19.21, bought at $13.20. 750 shares, so $4,500 profit in about 36 days. I'll likely flip it into VOO or Tesla

What made you sell before travel fully re-opened?

5 minutes ago, Elmo said:

What made you sell before travel fully re-opened?

I really only wanted to be in JBLU, but couldn't because of work. I don't trust all the airlines in JETS and would rather that profit be in Tesla or VOO.