Investment year in review.

Nomad

Imagine those returns every single year? as a joke, i put 40% return every for 20 years into the 401k calculator and I would have $1.4 BILLION lol.
Sounds about right with the way inflation will be headed. In today's dollars you'd have 35 cents

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds about right with the way inflation will be headed. In today's dollars you'd have 35 cents

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

I disagree. $1.4Billion in 20 years will still be a ton of money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I got chicken and moved everything in the 401k to safe harbor yesterday. 

Not a bad idea . We’re about  50/50 stocks, and fixed or bonds . My deferred comp has been 100% in the general fund paying around 4% for years .

Also for years I’ve taken capital gains and dividends in cash, and often buying hard assets . I’ve heard many wealthy families pass wealth along in art, jewels, gold , harder for Gov. to track .

Many we know have been looking into off shore accounts, but that’s getting harder .

I wish I’d have put 100k into grey market Rolexes , prices have resin nicely and stock is low .  Mrs. Nomad is ready to bury coffee cans in the yard .....

Other then the taxes we’ll surely see go up , my fear is means testing , that will crush us .

• Like 1

Yea market may go up and down for a few days/weeks but it will ride out. It might be time to change sectors a bit. I feel Big Tech may not be so shiny. It will take close to a year till any real big policy effects take a foothold.

With the way the world is right now, booze, bullets and beef are the only necessities!! JK

Big Pharma, Pot, Financial institutions are prolly solid...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

you'll be fine and the market will be. likely won't be another +40% year, but depends on what you got.

It was a great year, my Etrade account did 41% MY 401k only did like 25% but that is pretty tame

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Overall will be fine later. Tomorrow and next few days market takes a dump for sure.

unless you're day trading, a day or two isn't relevant. If you really believe the next day or two will be bad it's a perfect time to short some stocks and get paid!

• Like 2