Investment year in review.

Nomad

1 hour ago, Belo said:

you use an excel file and not your traders tool?

I'm not sure Ally has it broken out by each trade?

Btw, just sold 5 more for my highest so far- 328%.....still got 10 left.

EDIT - I attached my current options worksheet. Does any platform do this stuff for you?

Screenshot 2021-03-18 114720.png

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

1 hour ago, Belo said:

man 127 afterhours last night biz and what a reversal pre-market. ouch.

56 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

just curious..  I am new to watching/researching PENN..    still watching at this point.

re you viewing "overall market momentum" taking it to $140 or are there specific fundamentals that you are focused on.   Just curious to get others perspectives...

53 minutes ago, Belo said:

biz should provide a much better response here, but generally the fundamentals rest on the fact that more and more states are legalizing gambling and this year is expected to be the biggest year yet for betting on the tournament (legally). But often people buy on the rumor and sell on the news, which may be happening now.

that and they are replacing xerox in the s&p

1 minute ago, Otto said:

PENN at $117, big drop at opening bell.  What happened? 

Seems everything except GoPro taking a beating today with inflation/bond news. PENN hit $140 very recently, so I think it will get back there again. The question is when? 10% swings seem to happen daily lately with many of these stocks. Penn got added to S&P500 (officially on Monday), so obviously tons of funds that track the S&P500 have to buy it. But, it may drop more like Tesla did when added and then bounce back? who knows? but it's also March Madness, legalization in more states is coming, and Dave Portnoy (barstool) has a cult like following. I just keep hopping in and out for gains.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm not sure Ally has it broken out by each trade?

Btw, just sold 5 more for my highest so far- 328%.....still got 10 left.

EDIT - I attached my current options worksheet. Does any platform do this stuff for you?

Screenshot 2021-03-18 114720.png

yeah etrade does. I'd prefer not to post my positions though. I've found talking about money is worse than talking religion, sex or politics haha.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Belo said:

yeah etrade does. I'd prefer not to post my positions though. I've found talking about money is worse than talking religion, sex or politics haha.

Well I got 10 left to sell and then the chart is complete and done with. The question is- do I sell now at 300%+? or keep waiting, but is that being greedy? how much more can they go up?

21 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Well I got 10 left to sell and then the chart is complete and done with. The question is- do I sell now at 300%+? or keep waiting, but is that being greedy? how much more can they go up?

I'm not great to ask on this because I get greedy haha. Some of the best, hardest to follow advice I've received is to set your %profit goal and stick to it unless there is a change with news/market that would prompt you to sell before or hold out.

Personally with options, anything above 100% is freaking awesome. 200% and you should be smiling. 300% and I'd gtfo before it's too late

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

4f855dbaa4e997672e896acc9ea56913.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He sold a chunk early on...already a physical millionaire realized. People somehow did the math and said he cashed out somewhere around 5-7M.

14 minutes ago, Belo said:

I'm not great to ask on this because I get greedy haha. Some of the best, hardest to follow advice I've received is to set your %profit goal and stick to it unless there is a change with news/market that would prompt you to sell before or hold out.

Personally with options, anything above 100% is freaking awesome. 200% and you should be smiling. 300% and I'd gtfo before it's too late

makes sense. I'm still a month away but who knows with this market. I should be happy with the crazy GPRO returns on options and just hold the shares. we'll see how today goes.

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

nice any idea on what he put in though?

he was buying options for maybe 6-7 mos before this blew up. I forget what he put in, but it was a huge multiplier. He pulled $ in November and December I think, so when this grew legs he was already a millionaire.

1 minute ago, phade said:

he was buying options for maybe 6-7 mos before this blew up. I forget what he put in, but it was a huge multiplier. He pulled $ in November and December I think, so when this grew legs he was already a millionaire.

Gotcha. makes sense. That;s what i figured since it said 100,000 shares

9 minutes ago, Belo said:

apple is coming back nicely, and Biz is buying me a beer for his promotion of PENN, however it could be a buy low.

you didn't sell at $124 with your $120 call? that was easy $ for a few hours