Investment year in review.

Nomad

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

today is not a good day

buy low? lol

I "feel" (and using that in quotes) that we're in a short correction mode here - not by technical terms, but we're losing momentum. Hearing more bearish sentiment in multiple sectors...inflation, housing not being as hot, etc. 

I think I’m gonna add more Tesla shares today. I’m at $603 avg right now. If I buy at $670 today, that’ll get me to $635 ish avg cost. $800 is realistic IMO, so that’s 26% gain in a few weeks ideally.

Side note, Tesla will accept bitcoins as payment but @The Jerkman still hates it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I think I’m gonna add more Tesla shares today. I’m at $603 avg right now. If I buy at $670 today, that’ll get me to $635 ish avg cost. $800 is realistic IMO, so that’s 26% gain in a few weeks ideally.

Side note, Tesla will accept bitcoins as payment but Jerkman still hates it

TSLA is a wild ride that intrigues me, but my balls haven't dropped enough to get on yet. Enjoy :)

1 minute ago, Belo said:

TSLA is a wild ride that intrigues me, but my balls haven't dropped enough to get on yet. Enjoy :)

haha, yea. This is like my 5th time between 2020-2021. Each time i sold a few weeks too soon, but like we say nothing wrong with profits.

On 3/23/2021 at 8:37 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Same. After my gopro options success, i've just been sitting on the sidelines with that $. Nothing is coming to mind that looks good. I thought about "putting" peleton. My thought is spring/summer comes, and people forget about that kind of stuff until the fall?

damn. i didn't do it. peleton down 8% would have been nice today.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Joey B with more corp tax hikes. gotta start putting or pull out

He is on the tax hike train.....my concern is how businesses respond to shareholders. Do they squeeze to try to return the same $ value or do they say "everyone one else is affected like us, so it is what it is."

Market conditions be damned, I'm more worried about companies trying to cover the gap in shareholder returns and cutting further - which that ends up being the real thing that hurts people IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phade said:

He is on the tax hike train.....my concern is how businesses respond to shareholders. Do they squeeze to try to return the same $ value or do they say "everyone one else is affected like us, so it is what it is."

Market conditions be damned, I'm more worried about companies trying to cover the gap in shareholder returns and cutting further - which that ends up being the real thing that hurts people IMO.

Great question.

Side note, I wanted to grab Penn at $100 today (40% upside back to $140), but missed. It's back to $104. We'll see.

1 hour ago, phade said:

yeah well said. there is the market side of this and then the much more important people side of things. Historically, it's always been the former that wins, which of course is the whole conservative basis of supply side economics.  

It's hard to say this will tell us much as covid is such a big factor and will also be used as a scapegoat. Trump's cuts lead to some of the best economic data in decades and it's being undone as we speak with covid looming over the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Great question.

Side note, I wanted to grab Penn at $100 today (40% upside back to $140), but missed. It's back to $104. We'll see.

I did the classic gambler move and bought a 4/9 106c to try and get back what I lost. So either my wife leaves me or never knows haha. Sorry kids, no college for you, dad has a problem.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, phade said:

I took some of my gains and went and bought a Weatherby.

Makes me feel a little better about the market performance as of late, lol.

Smart man I did the same back in January February when pot stocks blew up got in and out paid for my browning cynergy new turkey Gun 

I think it’s going to get a lot harder to find some in and out deals in the future with the current administration wanting to raise taxes on everybody especially people who have liquidity to trade stocks we will see 

think financials may be a good conservative hold as I think things are going to get expensive in the near future very expensive spending it’s going to outpace supply and interest rates are going to go up financials are poised to finally make a killing think the energy sector will as well get ready to hold onto your wallet

966DD134-DEB5-4986-B6E7-A6ED54D5D217.jpeg

DDB2AAD7-A78E-46DC-8F45-4DD18FF3C5D1.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

WAFU stock halted a bunch of times today

Holy Crap. I tried to buy 1,000 shares at $13, then $15, but i kept missing and it keeps halting. I got 500 shares at $18.87 finally and it halted at $19.52

22 hours ago, Lomax said:

think financials may be a good conservative hold as I think things are going to get expensive in the near future very expensive spending it’s going to outpace supply and interest rates are going to go up financials are poised to finally make a killing think the energy sector will as well get ready to hold onto your wallet

So we we’re toying with the idea of buying a condo, in Fla this year, but now Mrs Nomad wants to wait a year, as we’ll be down there for the winter next year to shop, as opposed to using a realtor friend and other friends who live there to shop around for us . 

Im hoping the coming inflation depresses the housing market , mortgage rates are not a concern for us , in this purchase .

Thoughts ?

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

So we we’re toying with the idea of buying a condo, in Fla this year, but now Mrs Nomad wants to wait a year, as we’ll be down there for the winter next year to shop, as opposed to using a realtor friend and other friends who live there to shop around for us . 

Im hoping the coming inflation depresses the housing market , mortgage rates are not a concern for us , in this purchase .

Thoughts ?

It surely possible Nomad that inflation leads to increased rates and cools the housing market however housing especially in Florida is a hot market though I would expect that to cool as well should interest rates go up that much but likely not as much as rest of country as it’s a retirement destination.  Perhaps if you have equity in your home here in New York you pull it now at very low rates interest only or even lock in at a lower rate and start paying it back and then you have the low-cost funds you need in a year to pull the trigger when property values drop and the pandemics over and everybody moves back to the cities Or abandons early retirement in Florida freeing up the condos just watch out for those HOA fees if there are big vacancies they get shifted to the people that occupy keep that in mind.  Been looking at gulf coast communities lots to see.  Good luck.

• Like 2