Investment year in review.

Nomad

20 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I have RH and Coinbase. Id really like to have a bunch of these fraction of a cent coins but am too lazy to learn that whole process. Im also not confident I could dump them if I did have a big gain. Its pretty sketchy

1 hour ago, phade said:

Gosh, I need to get outside of RH for crypto. Such a PITA though.

i looked into Chia yesterday and what a PITA for sure and some very sketchy withdrawal issues so i bailed. 

• Like 1

I have a small bit of Cardano so hope it moons!! There are like 4000 different cryptos so 3,950+ are sure to fail. In this day and age you can't even pick winners on their merits as social hype has more effect on stocks these days. Like when Elon says Doge and Doge goes zoom lol!

I am more worried about the price of wood now will mirror into all goods, gas, transport...... a huge inflation right into a recession and when to bail my folio into safe grandpa shit before the market skids thousands of points.....

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I have RH and Coinbase. Id really like to have a bunch of these fraction of a cent coins but am too lazy to learn that whole process. Im also not confident I could dump them if I did have a big gain. Its pretty sketchy

I have a few grand in  coinbase and a couple coins for sh!ts and giggles ,I’m not looking to make a fast 10k . I satisfied making many times that off my boring stock and bond index funds each year . In a few years ,I’ll see where they are and  decide what to do with them .

if I was looking to chance doubling a fair amount of money quick, I’d bet 100k on black at the roulette wheel .

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I am more worried about the price of wood now will mirror into all goods, gas, transport...... a huge inflation right into a recession and when to bail my folio into safe grandpa shit before the market skids thousands of points.....

Ha ! Being older we’re pretty diversified, when the market is way up I look at those stock gains, and the around 4% I get off my fixed account and think ,” wow what if this was in stocks too .

When the market drops I look at that 4% fund and grin . 

Some are buying “ things “ in anticipation of inflation. If I could buy 50,000 rounds of ammo today I would , I have a friend who pulls out large gains and puts it into his house and land , hard to fault that . Add insulation, a wood stove , a four season room, an out building, full of food you canned, and bought . Hyper inflation ? Then sit back toss another log on the fire , in your new four season room ,and open a book . 

It’s nice to own things . Right now I’ve found ammo to be the best currency out there . Theses guys who can’t find land to hunt on would have no problem if they offered a few boxes of ammo to a farmer who was out .......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

RH has that issue alot with buying and selling when DOGE goes ballistic. Honestly if I could easily get set-up, I'd be 100% speculating a small chunk similar to what you alluded to across various smaller currency. It all speculation but some people take $50 and turn it into stupid money.

37 minutes ago, phade said:

RH has that issue alot with buying and selling when DOGE goes ballistic. Honestly if I could easily get set-up, I'd be 100% speculating a small chunk similar to what you alluded to across various smaller currency. It all speculation but some people take $50 and turn it into stupid money.

Exactly. I want to throw $20 at a whole bunch of these fraction of a cent ones. MOON for sure

1 hour ago, phade said:

44 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Exactly. I want to throw $20 at a whole bunch of these fraction of a cent ones. MOON for sure

Same. I have no doge becasue i didn't want another app. I use coinbase for cardano, but its like a wallet. the free trnasfer among cryptos is cool, but they dont have doge and dont get give you personal return %'s. I use excel to track it. I created and deleted the trust wallet to try to get cumrocket cummies crypto but not sure how you even sell so i quit.

I have a few grand in  coinbase and a couple coins for sh!ts and giggles ,I’m not looking to make a fast 10k . I satisfied making many times that off my boring stock and bond index funds each year . In a few years ,I’ll see where they are and  decide what to do with them .
if I was looking to chance doubling a fair amount of money quick, I’d bet 100k on black at the roulette wheel .
ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Ha ! Being older we’re pretty diversified, when the market is way up I look at those stock gains, and the around 4% I get off my fixed account and think ,” wow what if this was in stocks too .

When the market drops I look at that 4% fund and grin . 

Some are buying “ things “ in anticipation of inflation. If I could buy 50,000 rounds of ammo today I would , I have a friend who pulls out large gains and puts it into his house and land , hard to fault that . Add insulation, a wood stove , a four season room, an out building, full of food you canned, and bought . Hyper inflation ? Then sit back toss another log on the fire , in your new four season room ,and open a book . 

It’s nice to own things . Right now I’ve found ammo to be the best currency out there . Theses guys who can’t find land to hunt on would have no problem if they offered a few boxes of ammo to a farmer who was out .......

As long as my 401K keeps at a 5% + each year for the next 9 years I will be good for retirement so I rely on that.  As long as hyperinflation doesnt come along and make the dollar a peso.  Then everything will be a mess anyway, except goods in hand.  Which ammo is always good to have as long as no one blows you in for selling it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, phade said:

Some of these gains on crypto are crazy. Curious to see how DOGE does with SNL. I have to expect it hits new high.

My son bought some earlier this week on the SNL/ Elon boom theory lol.

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

As long as my 401K keeps at a 5% + each year for the next 9 years I will be good for retirement so I rely on that.  As long as hyperinflation doesnt come along and make the dollar a peso.  Then everything will be a mess anyway, except goods in hand.  Which ammo is always good to have as long as no one blows you in for selling it. 

is your employer open to paying you in bitcoin in stead of USD for the final 9 years?

On 5/7/2021 at 4:55 PM, ncountry said:

Me too. I have a few thousand coins. Timing the top is going to be the trick.

I got a weird feeling and dumped it prior to SNL. Good call.

I consolidated into ETH.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 9:11 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Just DDD for me. I bought a bunch last week. Have a good feeling running up to 5/10 earnings. Yesterday was  a great today and hopefully today too.

Earnings today beat $0.02 EPS estimate by 750%! came in at $0.17.

To the moon!?!?!

10 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Wow I bet you highfalutin traders are buying up a storm today!!!  With the market taking a nose dive, this is when the balsy buyers jump!!!

My REIT drip was timed perfectly LOL. I'll take it.

• Like 1

Let it drop. just makes some good buys more attractive. I never jump on things I do not consider to be good long term options as well. I'm a good few years from retirement so still fairly aggressive. I am not presently overloaded in tech as I considered it pretty inflated anyway so I will get some good discounts I hope.

Wow I bet you highfalutin traders are buying up a storm today!!!  With the market taking a nose dive, this is when the balsy buyers jump!!!

That didn’t age well! Cardano $2.10!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro