Investment year in review.

Nomad

4 hours ago, phade said:

F continuing the run...I will take it!

Unrelated, 401K check puts me at 23.2% for YTD. Let's keep that train rolling.

Didn’t get in on F but did on some others Roth is up 40% and traditional up 60% YTD  pretty happy with results though took appropriate risk at opportune time….got lucky which I will take in today’s world  122B9402-56BF-46D4-8CFC-D6459722F11E.thumb.png.9d599fdbf42b74baad61ffe44553c2b7.png6F99222A-15F4-4461-AFC5-A9840CAF160F.thumb.png.6a9bc9a978b0f49392fc952c193727cf.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phade said:

F continuing the run...I will take it!

Unrelated, 401K check puts me at 23.2% for YTD. Let's keep that train rolling.

7 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Didn’t get in on F but did on some others Roth is up 40% and traditional up 60% YTD  pretty happy with results though took appropriate risk at opportune time….got lucky which I will take in today’s world  122B9402-56BF-46D4-8CFC-D6459722F11E.thumb.png.9d599fdbf42b74baad61ffe44553c2b7.png6F99222A-15F4-4461-AFC5-A9840CAF160F.thumb.png.6a9bc9a978b0f49392fc952c193727cf.png

Nice!

My 401K shows 19.34% YTD as of today. Mostly CISGX and S&P500. Hopefully we can hold on 2 more months for a 15%+ year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Nice!

My 401K shows 19.34% YTD as of today. Mostly CISGX and S&P500. Hopefully we can hold on 2 more months for a 15%+ year. 

Heavy into certain financial stocks and some tech that have done phenomenal and the rest is index based stuff that I got same 15% on.  But I hear you Biz Though getting much harder to find next great opportunity have to be careful now don’t want to give up fat gains so harvesting some cash and waiting on correction so can buy in dips.  

• Like 1

60% in a traditional 401K? Wow...what plan options do you have? My plan selection opps might be some of the best in the nation due to the company I work for, so 60% YTD is bananas.

Edit - yours says one year rate of return, mine is since Jan 1. That might close the gap?

Edited by phade

3 minutes ago, phade said:

60% in a traditional 401K? Wow...what plan options do you have? My plan selection opps might be some of the best in the nation due to the company I work for, so 60% YTD is bananas.

Edit - yours says one year rate of return, mine is since Jan 1. That might close the gap?

When I change jobs a couple years ago I moved it from my employers plan to Fidelity best move I ever made.   So I can invest in virtually anything out there in the market. My old employer had a plan with Limited options they were good but not all inclusive  so what you’re seeing it’s fully self-directed makes me feel that much better but like Biz Have to hold onto my chips at the table don’t wanna lose those gains

I have another plan I started with my new employer so got aggressive with the traditional and Roth during the pandemic kind of knew what to look for and found it it seems to be topping out so now it’s harvest time I think at least on some of it and find new opportunities.  

1 hour ago, phade said:

1 hour ago, Lomax said:

When I change jobs a couple years ago I moved it from my employers plan to Fidelity best move I ever made.   So I can invest in virtually anything out there in the market. My old employer had a plan with Limited options they were good but not all inclusive  so what you’re seeing it’s fully self-directed makes me feel that much better but like Biz Have to hold onto my chips at the table don’t wanna lose those gains

I have another plan I started with my new employer so got aggressive with the traditional and Roth during the pandemic kind of knew what to look for and found it it seems to be topping out so now it’s harvest time I think at least on some of it and find new opportunities.  

Just to clarify, I don't trade with my 401k at all. It just buys. I'd sign up for 10% every year in a heartbeat. So this these last few years have been amazing. 15% years instead of 7% make retirement that much closer.

I occasionally trade with fun money, but it doesn't effect my retirement funds.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Just to clarify, I don't trade with my 401k at all. It just buys. I'd sign up for 10% every year in a heartbeat. So this these last few years have been amazing. 15% years instead of 7% make retirement that much closer.

I occasionally trade with fun money, but it doesn't effect my retirement funds.

Same approach I followed for 26 years then when I changed employers I wasn’t comfortable leaving my 401k with my former employer and rolled it over to Fidelity. From there used what I built up to reallocate into specific equities that were growth based during pandemic and did well.  Figuring it out as I go but you have to fish for big fish and hunt for big deer where they are to catch them same with investing you want big gains it’s in stocks and with it comes risk.  I will confide I was down a bit before things increased dramatically and was sweating bullets for a while.  Now hold onto the gains is new game I’m learning. 

3 hours ago, Lomax said:

Same approach I followed for 26 years then when I changed employers I wasn’t comfortable leaving my 401k with my former employer and rolled it over to Fidelity. From there used what I built up to reallocate into specific equities that were growth based during pandemic and did well.  Figuring it out as I go but you have to fish for big fish and hunt for big deer where they are to catch them same with investing you want big gains it’s in stocks and with it comes risk.  I will confide I was down a bit before things increased dramatically and was sweating bullets for a while.  Now hold onto the gains is new game I’m learning. 

gotcha. I did the same with my wife's 401k. her choices weren't great so when she stopped working, we rolled it into an IRA and get monster gains.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Love days like today where you hunt and enjoy yourself and check on one of your recent buys….Lucid that’s up 24% today.  
No deer but Oh it was a good day!!!  

Why didn’t any of us buy ELEK? Up 1500% TODAY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Market & Cyber blow lately.

Yeah, I agree. I did get the sense that some of the industrial/"older" stocks were beat up bad last week so I looked into some of the airlines, oil, cruises, etc. and CCL seemed like to one to go with so I sunk a bit into some short term options and I hope it pays off. Probably should have taken the 33% and ran with the money only in play for about 12 actual trading hours, but it's play money. If I hit 50% I'll probably take it and run.

• Like 2

Somehow I missed there was a thread on investments and it’s what I do professionally lol. For any of you guys looking for something more than a quick trade, id take a look at the payment stocks which have got walloped last few months. I like PYPL, FICO, V, and MA in those order for LT plays. My best guess is most of selling over and we grind higher from here… still some pockets of excess but last few weeks knocked a lot of the froth out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Well 2021 was another back to back really strong year for me, almost doubled my investments. Hopefully 2022 is strong as well!

Indeed. Tough to complain when we continue to obliterate the ole 8% avg per year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1