Investment year in review.

Nomad

11 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Tesla $1,600 today? Where is everyone?

Still waiting for it to drop to  what I thought was a reasonable price..Just like I have been since it was well under $200.00

Lol.. I missed the boat on that one..

[mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention] Did you sell your Tesla before the drop today?

Crazy! I was golfing.

$1775 to under $1500 what a swing. 8 of my shares sold at $1495. I had a stop loss in there. Now I gotta decide what to do next. I Still have 14 shares I got at $735

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I dumped everything except for Disney and Exxon.  Disappointed I didn't make as much as I could have but things will fluctuate like crazy for a while and when things dip, cash on hand is key.  I'll wait a bit to jump back in on things.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Welp i sold the rest of the Tesla today. It was a fun 2-month over double up. Now i guess there's nothing to talk about.

We'll make Jerkman take the day off to golf and of course Tesla drops. As I see it it's your own fault. 

Although the market was up 400+ yesterday.....hmmmm 

• Like 1

We'll make Jerkman take the day off to golf and of course Tesla drops. As I see it it's your own fault. 
Although the market was up 400+ yesterday.....hmmmm 
I told you! If I'm off things get wonky

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am doing good!  I opened an ETrade account separate from my main investment accounts, just to buy some stuff on my own.  40 days in I am up about 15%.  All boring picks - Disney, Marriott and Coke. Long term holds that I think will be solid for many years.  My other account is doing well too - hopefully my business will pick up sometime in 2021.  Until then we are hunkering down and just staying alive.    The "stay at home" and "work from home" have been and will continue to be very disruptive to the hotel business.  

PS: I actually saw a television commercial for QQQ this morning, it was on during the Today show! 

Edited by Otto
  • Like 1

Used to be FANG Facebook Apple Netflix and Google

now its TAAN Tesla Amazon Apple and Netflix 

If you’ve been sitting on the latter this year is great for growth pandering or not 

buy in the dips wait til ur gray and cash in ur chips 

• Like 2

Used to be FANG Facebook Apple Netflix and Google
now its TAAN Tesla Amazon Apple and Netflix 
If you’ve been sitting on the latter this year is great for growth pandering or not 
buy in the dips wait til ur gray and cash in ur chips 

Yup. I flipped JETS & Tesla for nice profits in 2020 and been rising VOO and QQQ with those profits.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/18/2020 at 12:29 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That, and upcoming battery announcement. But the split helps because more can buy it at $450/share than $1900/share

Eyeing PLUG which makes energy cells for EVs.  Didn't bite when I should have and they just announced a new battery cell today and stock jumped.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Eyeing PLUG which makes energy cells for EVs.  Didn't bite when I should have and they just announced a new battery cell today and stock jumped.

Nice. How about overstock.com wow!! $2.65 to $127. $50K in mid march would be $2.4M today

• Like 1