The Official 2020 3D Archery Thread

The_Real_TCIII

Brave souls.....the southern tier league was scheduled to shoot at Evans rod and gun club today.....can't believe they got more than 10 shooters.....it was brutal out this way with wind and blowing snow. It really didn't pile up much....was just blowing like heck.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Brave souls.....the southern tier league was scheduled to shoot at Evans rod and gun club today.....can't believe they got more than 10 shooters.....it was brutal out this way with wind and blowing snow. It really didn't pile up much....was just blowing like heck.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

We had a good turnout, years past you had to shoot by week three (today) to get rostered. This year its week four but Im not sure everyone knew that. IMO anyone that didnt shoot last week or today gets an asterisk! lol

We start in 2 weeks but our weather is much nicer to shoot in!  I shot Sunday(Pancake breakfast fun shoot.) and got lucky with a first place pin I tied with one other user, no shoot off for first they just gave out 2 first place pins.  Those high winds make it much harder to aim!!!  Even worse when your eyes tear up and you can't see the  target!  All in good fun!  My highlight of the day was a 95 yard hit on the a bear and a 100 yard hit just above the X.  I use an arrow with one vane just in case I missed I would not loose a good one.  Lucky shot!  My buddy also put one in at 100 yards his is the green vane.  Called it day after that shot!  

IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

Edited by NFA-ADK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NFA-ADK said:

We start in 2 weeks but our weather is much nicer to shoot in!  I shot Sunday(Pancake breakfast fun shoot.) and got lucky with a first place pin I tied with one other user, no shoot off for first they just gave out 2 first place pins.  Those high winds make it much harder to aim!!!  Even worse when your eyes tear up and you can't see the  target!  All in good fun!  My highlight of the day was a 95 yard hit on the a bear and a 100 yard hit just above the X.  I use an arrow with one vane just in case I missed I would not loose a good one.  Lucky shot!  My buddy also put one in at 100 yards his is the green vane.  Called it day after that shot!  

IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

Excellent shooting! I agree the eyes tearing up is a bigger problem for me than the wind

• Like 1

4 hours ago, monahmat said:

What bow is your son shooting?  I'd love to pick one up for my daughter this year.  

That's a Matthew's genesis mini. Its smaller than regular genesis. It fits whisker biscuit, sight ,etc. It's not cheap, but it will go through a few kids and is very adjustable. My son is 4 and shoots it no problem. My daughter is 6 and still shoots it, but I'd guess she would be ready for the genesis in a year or two. 

• Like 1

Did a little pre-winter league shoot prep at Suffolk Archers Sunday.  Had a toy from one of my old Happy meals we tried to take out at 80 yards.  Was a bit hard to see it at that distance on a gray backstop and none of us hit it at 80 yards so we lowered it down to 60 yards.  No one hit on the first try, myself and Hector had a near hit just under the belly and touching but no impact.  3rd set of 3 arrows, my first arrow hit the mark with a head shot!  Most of us shot ok but no one shot really good.  Holding my form good but need to keep my follow through!  My arrows have the green and white knocks, Hector is red.  That transformer is dead! 

Next will be Darth Vader at 80 yards again!  He should be easier to see as he is black and we have a white target but!  Looking forward to the winter shoot and food most of all! 

IMG_1988.JPG

IMG_1989.JPG

1.jpg

Edited by NFA-ADK
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

@sodfather told me I had to shoot a 143 today and not disrespect the new Ritual 35. I had 132 through 14, put in a gentleman’s super kill 11 on Target 15 leaving all sorts of room for @jeremyk to join me in the x ring and complete a perfectly pleasant shoot among friends. NOPE, he pounded my arrow and literally moved it out of the x leaving me with a 142 f2e9455b4581e8ff6c579b5474984690.jpgIt was an awkward walk back to the clubhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Haha 5