The Official 2020 3D Archery Thread

The_Real_TCIII

Getting closer, keep heading West
Only time I head out much further west is if an IBO World Championship qualifier or other sanctioned event that fits my schedule. Dont have the time anymore to travel and shoot them each weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Only time I head out much further west is if an IBO World Championship qualifier or other sanctioned event that fits my schedule. Dont have the time anymore to travel and shoot them each weekend.

Have you been going to the Worlds? Ive shot each time at Eville but not since. 7 Springs the next two years. Its just too hard to leave for three or four days with the kids schedules

20 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

God made them to be shot in the face with a scattergun

went to one 3D shoot and they had a gator and the kill/shooting spot was behind the leg......no....gator got it in the beaner! 

My all time best 3D shot.  Hit a turkey in the head and it came off and stuck in the buck behind it.  2fer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Have you been going to the Worlds? Ive shot each time at Eville but not since. 7 Springs the next two years. Its just too hard to leave for three or four days with the kids schedules
Honestly I haven't. Always had excuses. Qualified to give myself the option which is very easy and shot up to the event but then figured my shooting wasnt good enough to be competitive. In hind sight I shouldve went. A few years I averaged something over 310 all summer. Hunter or advanced hunter you pretty much have to be over half Xs to be in it.

28 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Honestly I haven't. Always had excuses. Qualified to give myself the option which is very easy and shot up to the event but then figured my shooting wasnt good enough to be competitive. In hind sight I shouldve went. A few years I averaged something over 310 all summer. Hunter or advanced hunter you pretty much have to be over half Xs to be in it.

Hunter class scores are ridiculous, I stay in Ex Hunter theres about half the shooters. Ive never shot well there with the exception of one day but its a lot of fun. The shots are extremely difficult and nothing like Im used to, extreme up down and side hill on the slopes and the footing is really hard to get used to. You could literally put a target on the peak of your roof and shoot at it for practice with one foot on a cinder block, its that extreme. Ski slopes are STEEP lol

Hunter class scores are ridiculous, I stay in Ex Hunter theres about half the shooters. Ive never shot well there with the exception of one day but its a lot of fun. The shots are extremely difficult and nothing like Im used to, extreme up down and side hill on the slopes and the footing is really hard to get used to. You could literally put a target on the peak of your roof and shoot at it for practice with one foot on a cinder block, its that extreme. Ski slopes are STEEP lol
35 yard limit for hunter and 40 for advanced hunter isnt far but to be drilling Xs that far with fixed pins is different. I know people that have gone including a couple that have made the shoot off said there have been protests. targets were beyond the yardage. Like hunter class supposedly had a 42 yard turkey. lol I'm sure a lot of people would've figured max yds and shot it for 35 or 37 yards ending up way low.

• Like 1

35 yard limit for hunter and 40 for advanced hunter isnt far but to be drilling Xs that far with fixed pins is different. I know people that have gone including a couple that have made the shoot off said there have been protests. targets were beyond the yardage. Like hunter class supposedly had a 42 yard turkey. lol I'm sure a lot of people would've figured max yds and shot it for 35 or 37 yards ending up way low.

I think there’s a 10% allowance so it could have been 38.5, which on a turkey is likely going to be a 5 if you shoot it for 35. If it was Eville I remember the target because it was 41 yards at the Ex stake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 12:13 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Gorgeous weather, I just wish I only went around once. 149/140. The Sodfather was smart, hang a 145 and get out of Dodge!30ad767eee7fda42c2983174dd515f91.jpge8c61d2216907f0c22470cf7e9094d8f.jpg58193d90a41f6bb40da964c8beb3f952.jpgbba4cc2921aa18b62dc9a859199612c2.jpga6cf9744eb3470283fc6a54346c75f0b.jpg235fb9510d586c78ffeedd345904572c.jpg96d5ae54a7d8006ea4ca9bcb9653ecf6.jpg

Look at that glorious prime bow against a backdrop of snow....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I went to my first shoot this season yesterday. It was in Waterville,madison county. Great course and pretty packed. It seems like more clubs are scheduling shoots now,which is great. Pretty easy to social distance on a 3d course.

I was in too much of a hurry to take pics,i had a commitment right after.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I went to my first shoot this season yesterday. It was in Waterville,madison county. Great course and pretty packed. It seems like more clubs are scheduling shoots now,which is great. Pretty easy to social distance on a 3d course.

I was in too much of a hurry to take pics,i had a commitment right after.

Cassity Hollow fish and game in oriskany falls has a decent one too.  They are like 10 minutes from there. I shot that one a few times.   I ALWAYS screw up the Caribou.  Lol. I think it's closer than it is. 

8 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Cassity Hollow fish and game in oriskany falls has a decent one too.  They are like 10 minutes from there. I shot that one a few times.   I ALWAYS screw up the Caribou.  Lol. I think it's closer than it is. 

I stopped looking right at the targets to judge the yardage. They got me good last year with a tiny pronghorn target,i shot right over it. I guessed 40 and it was under 30.

Now i look at the ground and guess in 10 yd increments,that works well for me.

At this shoot they had a turkey on the other side of a small ravine,that was tricky guessing up and down. I hit it perfect height but was off to the right. I was happy to hit it,shot it for 37 yds and the turkey was not a big target.

I am still getting used to my arrows,i upped the point weight by 25 grains and it shows past 20 yds.

7 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I stopped looking right at the targets to judge the yardage. They got me good last year with a tiny pronghorn target,i shot right over it. I guessed 40 and it was under 30.

Now i look at the ground and guess in 10 yd increments,that works well for me.

At this shoot they had a turkey on the other side of a small ravine,that was tricky guessing up and down. I hit it perfect height but was off to the right. I was happy to hit it,shot it for 37 yds and the turkey was not a big target.

I am still getting used to my arrows,i upped the point weight by 25 grains and it shows past 20 yds.

I think what gets me is the Caribou Target is so big it looks closer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today we shot in Richfield Springs,a very nice 30 target course. Some really steep uphill shots that are most difficult for me. It is hard to keep good form and get the yardage right. I shot well though,very happy with the outcome today. It was much warmer than last week as well.

• Like 1

Today we shot in Richfield Springs,a very nice 30 target course. Some really steep uphill shots that are most difficult for me. It is hard to keep good form and get the yardage right. I shot well though,very happy with the outcome today. It was much warmer than last week as well.

The first time the IBO worlds were in ellicottville the uphill shots were incredibly hard. I could literally put a target on the peak of my roof and it wouldn’t be as steep

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The first time the IBO worlds were in ellicottville the uphill shots were incredibly hard. I could literally put a target on the peak of my roof and it wouldn’t be as steep

Some of these were crazy steep. My buddy watched me draw back and then lean back,lean back more,and then some more. I thought I was never gonna get the target in my sight. I messed that shot up,got an eight,barely scratching the line. I was happy the ground was fairly dry,otherwise I would have been on all fours to get the arrows.

• Like 1