The WORST household chore

crappyice

By far, the most vial home repair/chore that I do is clear clogged bathroom sinks. The combination of old toothpaste, soap, hair and whatever the F else get stuck in that trap is worse then pricking the bloated stomach while field dressing deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, crappyice said:

By far, the most vial home repair/chore that I do is clear clogged bathroom sinks. The combination of old toothpaste, soap, hair and whatever the F else get stuck in that trap is worse then pricking the bloated stomach while field dressing deer.

When I saw your title I was going to post this. I live with three women with crazy thick heads of hair! Check this out, they work

https://www.amazon.com/TubShroom-Revolutionary-Protector-Catcher-Strainer/dp/B01BYRMGCC/ref=asc_df_B01BYRMGCC/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=193142326002&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13162040618665365835&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005459&hvtargid=pla-310447835489&psc=1

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

They make stuff called Insta-Flo that will knock that crap out, also baking soda and vinegar works, but it takes longer. I have used it on partial and fully clogged drains and it works great.

• Like 1

Pretty sure I was scarred as a result of having to unclog the shower drain after we bought our house. I took apart the drain mechanism and still couldn’t clear the shit(not ours since we just bought the house). Hit it hard with a toilet plunger and a hairball the size of a small poodle projectiles out and sticks to the back wall of the shower. I almost put the house back on the market.

• Haha 5

I hate the smell of opening a drain . I can deal with the contents ,just not the smell. My tip for anyone about to open a drain,get your PVC primer out and just open the cap in the room . I can deal with that smell way better then the smell coming out of a drain. 

7 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Pretty sure I was scarred as a result of having to unclog the shower drain after we bought our house. I took apart the drain mechanism and still couldn’t clear the shit(not ours since we just bought the house). Hit it hard with a toilet plunger and a hairball the size of a small poodle projectiles out and sticks to the back wall of the shower. I almost put the house back on the market.

Never over look a shop vac for a clogged drain. 

• Like 2

Be grateful you don't have to clean the sewers of London.

A fatberg weighing the same as 11 double decker buses and stretching the length of two football pitches is blocking a section of London’s ageing sewage network.

The congealed mass of fat, wet wipes and nappies is one of the biggest ever found.

image.png.994985fdc6673b55e48f369c89c7fa43.png

Edited by left field
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

We have a tub shroom hair catcher , it works ish. Currently trying liquid fire drain cleaner to clear slow tub drain with no luck. Instructions say use gloves , breather and safety goggles while pouring 4 ounces in drain.  I think it would be easier to move at this point 

if you have a removable stopper it's almost easier to just dig in there with a finger or needle-nose. I know in our master there's like a cross that holds the stopper and i can run my fingernail along the top and if i catch the right piece of hair i can end up lifting something that would make a navy seal weak in the knees... but again, super satisfying... like popping a pimple. 

35 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

We have a tub shroom hair catcher , it works ish. Currently trying liquid fire drain cleaner to clear slow tub drain with no luck. Instructions say use gloves , breather and safety goggles while pouring 4 ounces in drain.  I think it would be easier to move at this point 

Heat a tea pot up and pour down the drain... This softens up the clog.....Pour in the drano wait 10 mins and pour in another pot of boiling water.... Always worked for me..

5 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Hot water, then as much baking soda as you can, then add vinegar in doses until it clears. After its clear, more hot water. If that doesnt work, snake it.

if you have a removable stopper it's almost easier to just dig in there with a finger or needle-nose. I know in our master there's like a cross that holds the stopper and i can run my fingernail along the top and if i catch the right piece of hair i can end up lifting something that would make a navy seal weak in the knees... but again, super satisfying... like popping a pimple. 

But then I would have to cut off my finger so that’s good for only 10 cleaning!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I need to deal with sewer pipes or drains, I look like a doctor going in to do surgery. Yup, gloves, mask, over clothes that will get tossed!

Liquid Plumber once a month, keeps me out of the ER for the most part. Mrs. grampy always says "you have no problem dealing with deer guts, so why are you gagging, cleaning a silly drain?" 

10 minutes ago, grampy said:

When I need to deal with sewer pipes or drains, I look like a doctor going in to do surgery. Yup, gloves, mask, over clothes that will get tossed!

Liquid Plumber once a month, keeps me out of the ER for the most part. Mrs. grampy always says "you have no problem dealing with deer guts, so why are you gagging, cleaning a silly drain?" 

My wife makes the same "deer guts" comment.

I ask, have you ever smelled deer guts? No, you haven't...

• Like 1