So called game changer

sbuff

Kind of a unique ML system & powder cartridge! What will be more interesting is whether other ML mfgers will retrofit their barrel manufacturing to adapt to these new Firestick load cartridges. If they don't follow suit, Traditions will be left hanging with a unicorn and the Federal Ammo supplied Firesticks will be $$$. Assuming these Firestick cartridges will NOT fit/work with any existing ML'ers!?!

• Like 1

What a bunch of horseshit.........

From the clip....." However, antique firearms and even modern inline muzzleloaders do have their frustrations and limitations. So much so, that the hassle of operating them can be a deterrent for some hunters and can be considered a barrier to enter the sport. "

Hassle???????

Edited by Lawdwaz

i Honestly don’t see that being much more convenient than pouring some premeasured 209 down the barrel, pushing down the slug and inserting a primer.  I guess it takes one step out of the equation.   That must be the step that deters so many from entering the sport.  Haha. 

21 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

What a bunch of horseshit.........

From the clip....." However, antique firearms and even modern inline muzzleloaders do have their frustrations and limitations. So much so, that the hassle of operating them can be a deterrent for some hunters and can be considered a barrier to enter the sport. "

Hassle???????

Cut some slack to the less capable Law. Geeze.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

i Honestly don’t see that being much more convenient than pouring some premeasured 209 down the barrel, pushing down the slug and inserting a primer.  I guess it takes one step out of the equation.   That must be the step that deters so many from entering the sport.  Haha. 

Buy one of those and that "mancave " buck is as good as on the wall!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

So, once you insert the primer, it can not be removed? Assuming you did not fire the gun, and want to transport it home, it will still be considered loaded with a primer in there, right? Or do you just remove the Firestick and leave the sabot in the rifle? Then you just carry around a wad of powder with a primer stuck to it? I guess no different than a pocket full of cartridges?

IDK??? I'm all for innovation, and cool new stuff. But this seems like a LOT more cost, and doesn't really save much time, than reloading with speedloaders. Or give a distinct accuracy advantage, over loading my inline ML the way I've always done it?

If aliens visited this planet they would question why we didn't just encapsulate the bullet and the primer in one. To which we would explain that we have, many, many years ago. But this is new and makes it easier for us to hunt deer for 10 more days.

If you think of it out of context it's pretty funny. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I hunted with a muzzleloader I did so because it was more of a challenge. Guess they are making it less so..

No appeal at all for me, growing up watching Disney's Davey Crockett, TVs Daniel Boone and movies like Jeremiah Johnson I got the bug to hunt with traditional muzzleloaders because I like the challenge of those old sidelock type rifles, seems like everything has to be easier these days or it ain't worth the time messing with. I do allow for the luxury of percussion caps  for more positive ignition over a flintlock.

Al

• Like 1

The future of firearms is here! Soon, they will make a cartridge with the bullet included, and that will be a game changer. Just imagine if someone were to develop a technology that would allow these combined primer/powder/bullet cartridges to be fired one right after another, either through a manual slide or bolt, or even through an automatic process using inertia or expelled gases. To think what the future holds!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The biggest benefits I see for this would be keeping things dry and being able to remove the entire charge from the ML instead of just the cap. All you would be leaving in the rifle would be the sabot. It may save a tiny bit of time, but you no longer have the option of fine tuning your load. Most people dont do that anyway, they just buy powder pellets and stuff a few of them down the barrel.

25 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

The future of firearms is here! Soon, they will make a cartridge with the bullet included, and that will be a game changer. Just imagine if someone were to develop a technology that would allow these combined primer/powder/bullet cartridges to be fired one right after another, either through a manual slide or bolt, or even through an automatic process using inertia or expelled gases. To think what the future holds!

Wed win the war!