So called game changer

sbuff

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

You are still loading the bullet/sabot from the muzzle, so I would think that it would be legal here.

You would have to look up the legal statute, I remember is use to state propellant and projectile loaded from muzzle.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:35 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

See, I dont agree with that. It does solve the issue of the charge getting moist, which I have run into. When I hunted with my ML all the time, I would have to take care to keep it outside in the same temps overnight, etc when it still had a charge in it (remove primer at the end of the day) so that condensation from temp changes did not happen inside the barrel and cause the load to become moist. Despite my efforts, I had a misfire on my first ML buck due to a couple of days of wildly swinging temps, it would have cost me the deer if I wasnt pretty quick at reloading it.

With this new system, at the end of the day, you dont have to discharge the rifle or remove the bullet to keep the charge dry, you just open the breech and pull it out, leaving the bullet/sabot in place.

Oh you know to put a  condom on it to keep it from getting moist ..lol I have hunting is all day down pours with my inline and if you keep the muzzle covers and a conscious about the in and out of heated and unheated areas to avoid condensation I can't see a need. 

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Oh you know to put a  condom on it to keep it from getting moist ..lol I have hunting is all day down pours with my inline and if you keep the muzzle covers and a conscious about the in and out of heated and unheated areas to avoid condensation I can't see a need. 

When that happened to me, it was because we had a couple of days where it was cold in the morning, went up to 70 degrees in the early afternoon, and back down to 30 degrees and snowing in the late afternoon. An oddball situation, but not out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

When that happened to me, it was because we had a couple of days where it was cold in the morning, went up to 70 degrees in the early afternoon, and back down to 30 degrees and snowing in the late afternoon. An oddball situation, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Saturday...80 degrees with a chance of snow :sarcastichand:

• Like 1

Okay, I am at least a bit interested. I love my muzzleloading, and my preference is my Lyman Great Plains rifle with round ball. That said, even with my TC inline, it is a royal PIA to pull the breech plug and clean...really, I think the old fashioned soap and water is easier in the Lyman. 
With this, you can remove the powder charge in between and easily knock the projectile out. I am not sure if the Firesticks are a one time use thing coming preloaded or if they are reuseable. I wouldnt be interested if one time use, would be if reuseable.

One time use from what they say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk