Needed to provide DOB to purchase liquid wrench

mowin

Went to tractor supply today to pickup a couple cans. 

Get to check out, and cashier asked me for my DOB.  

Why do you need that?  

He said its the law.  Aerosol cans with certain contents need  DOB, and he said he "has" to ask what my intended use is.  

Anyone experience this?  

Thinking it's their policy, but not sure. 

19 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I have never  found it to be a major inconvenience . They have to ask to cover their butts the same as asking proof of age when buying alcoholic beverages . 

Didn't say it was a inconvenience.  Just never been asked for my DOB or intended use of a aerosol product before. 

True story, my father-in-law, back in Illinois had a terrible cold during harvest one year. He was sick as a dog, had been in the field all day, rolling in the mud to fix equipment. He went to CVS to buy some Sudafed, and they refused to sell it to him. 

Now granted, Southern Illinois has a huge meth problem (you wouldn't believe the anhydrous theft that goes on), but he refuses to go back to that store to this day. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I have. It's the whole "
huffing" craze. You know, the same group that eats Tide soap pods. 

I figured that was why.   Got a couple cans of spray paint in home Depot last week, and wasn't asked a thing.  

Even though the cashier in TSC said it was the law,  more inclined to think it's their policy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I have. It's the whole "
huffing" craze. You know, the same group that eats Tide soap pods. 

i dont know why we care so much about what stupid people do. But that's a liberal society for you, ruin shit for everyone else trying to protect the stupid. Let em huff paint, more jobs for my kids. 

• Like 3

i dont know why we care so much about what stupid people do. But that's a liberal society for you, ruin shit for everyone else trying to protect the stupid. Let em huff paint, more jobs for my kids. 

There are jobs for anyone with a work ethic now. Unfortunately there are a lot employed in this encoring that should not be

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Bought some ammo at Walmart and had the cashier ask me if it was for a pistol.  I asked why? He said cause we would have to see your pistol permit. And I said ... And why is that?  "It's the law we have to".  I bet you can guess where this went.... 

Go through that everytime I buy 9mm ammo for the carbine some places wont sell it to u without a permit bs