Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

We did this last year, and with the first deer season in NY starting tomorrow, I figured Id get this thread opened up! Feel free to post in this thread using your smart phone (or other device you can get to the internet with) from your stand or blind with your thoughts, current conditions, pictures, sightings, etc.

If you do have a smart phone and get spotty reception it is better to put it on airplane mode. This keeps it from searching for towers and satellites but you can still use it for other things like camera or video. All that searching is what eats up the battery. Then when you know you have good reception, or you are back at camp and you know there is that one spot to get reception, just take it off airplane mode.

• Like 1

Well here I am rain stopped with sunrise no its blue skies I turned around on my way here then said screw it and turned around again I took a chance with the rain the spot I wanted to get to was to far of a walk so I tried a nice trail crossing I found in the summer a little closer to the car in case I lost my gamble seen some nice blue jay and the rain def brings out the skeeters now let's see some deer.

Call me the squirrel master because that's all I'm seeing. Had a yearling buck walk within five yards of me in a brushblind last night didn't even know I was there. Didn't have time to get to my stand. Got it on video with my phone. Pretty neat.

Seen at least two, maybe three again tonight, wind was different tonight so they were farther away on a different trail. Also jumped one in the real thick stuff with in sight of the house on the way out. No hunting till at least Thursday now because of the wife's working nights.