Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

Ive been draggin my poor 7yr old with me..we walked into the field at 430..low and behold a young doe watching us..i drew and shot..w i f f..knowing i shouldnt have shot..but i still did..i found it dificult to restrain myself..but i did..hindsight being 20 20 glad i missed..altho he wasnt..she was small..and id rather totally miss than wound her..trying to explain this as being part of the "game" is like pullin teeth..

• Like 1

The alarm went off at 4:45 as usual.....looked out to see the west horizon lighting up like the 4th of July....went back to bed...rain and wind cold and nasty.....wind not right to even hunt out of the blinds...damn have to clean house now....

Ditto... so I'm grading papers for students (although as you can see I'm taking a 'break' from them right now B)

Weekend looks GREAT!

Edited by MuzzyLoader

I put a stalk on 2 does after getting out of stand this morning in an attempt to get my first bow kill. Missed a chip shot, not sure what happened. I think it must have been buck fever minus the buck

I see your area code is 315 same as ine havn't seen to many of them on here.What are you hunting man j/w!!

went out this a.m., saw a deer at first light, was scoping him for about 20 minutes, and forgot to put my phone on silent......beep beep beep..... he was a decent 4pt, i was very hesitant on taking a small buck, think id rather kill a doe, and keep the phone in the car...