Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

824 am. 9h. 48* and lots of rain. Handful of young bucks just starting to chase. Had another encounter with a buck I call the vampire, since he only comes out at night. He is Def a mature buck and considering I can see a bunch of bones at dusk, he's gotta be big. Hoping the coyote from yesterday tries coming a little closer today, I have something for him..... Good luck n stay dry !

Frustrating evening simply for the fact that the morning showed so much promise.

Note:

1. Deer tracks lead north to south. Wind was blowing west to east 80% of the time. 20% of the time it swirled.

2. I sprayed myself down heavily with Scent Killer. What I did not do was wash clothes with unscent detergent or bath with unscented soap. I went to Taco Bell for lunch.

3. There was some annoying rodent giving a distress call towards the south in the direction I'm guessing the deers are beded. It'll cry two or three cries of agony and then nothing. 15 minutes later, it'll cry again. This went on for the entire 2 and 1/2 hours I was in the stand.

Edited by Elmo

I went out at 3:30 to the blind I built last year....It raind on and off and no sign of deer until 5 :35 when a good sized single doe came in where I expected ...but angled farther away than they did last year....she was feeding on the elder brush...which they have devastated,,,good thing is her path took her past another long standing 16ft stand...I'm looking forward to sitting in ole reliable tomorrow....hope to have just enough breeze to mask my getting to the stand....good luck everyone

Man its mornings like this thats what we live for, in stand racoons huming off in the distance, clear cold sky, light breeze, quater moon and 2 shooting stars already. Ill tell you what, deer or not its already a great hunt... Goodluck boys!

Lots of movement so far, still nothing worth my rage... Great morning !

Growalot, I use dead down wind for a scent blocker,they say it covers more than just human odor.... I and many of the whitetail family can verify that it works. Last couple night I hunted a stand that I drive the atv within 150yrds of, I spray down when I'm off then before I go up, I actually had 3 different doe directly under me and one even licked the tree I climbed... Just my opinion but I trust the stuff !

Well I'm in for a break...lunch and pain killers for this morning had me all tied up...make this short....from light until 11a.m. 42 deer sightings...38 all differant deer...many very near range...9 deer passed on 7 were buck and one miss...thank you neighbor for the 4wheeler guided tour you were screaming at the passenger..hey them the breaks...It was the best hunt with out a kill I've ever had...two fawn bedded under me...got one pic...have to set up the other later

Nice pic growalot thats pretty cool wish i had the same luck but im glad to see someone else has!My morning was horrible got off to a late start {cause i couldn't sleep last night thinking about this moroning lol}..It was real cold n wet light rain.Then i got to my hunting spot itch is state land cause i have no private to hunt yet,and needless to saythere was a dec stuck in a 3 foor pit of water n mud so i couldnt get by untill another dec came and pulled him out!ver loaded with hunters and i didnt see any site of deer tracks in the fresh mud or anything.Just got home now gunna dry my gear and gun up and go back to a diffent spot later!!~Good Luck 2 All~