Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

tough to do on a 5x5 elevated platform....way to much coffee needed for that..might make me jumpy and punch the release to soon...don't think its good to be jacked up when calmly trying to get a nice shot.... best of luck today pat!!

Snuck out for the last hour last night....two bucks came through just as I got settled. Small four and a basket six. Saw something I never had before. They wandered out to about 50 yards...began licking and grooming each other.....then the six actually mounted the four....not just a hop on...but mounted with motion...lol. the four stood there. It happened three times and I tried to get pics and video but it wouldn't come out. Weird.

Congrats to the cuz...and nice buck....I went out this am. to little over 2" on the ground and trees....lots of ice and snow on stand and foot prints everywhere....no deer and when the sun got high enough to hit the tree tops ...All He!! broke loose and it was like being in a nasty snow ball fight...enough of that...snow down my neck....waiting until the snow and snow leafs covered fall....Snow was so heavy that it flatten my sorghum and saplings and branches hung on the ground

Edited by growalot

Snuck out for the last hour last night....two bucks came through just as I got settled. Small four and a basket six. Saw something I never had before. They wandered out to about 50 yards...began licking and grooming each other.....then the six actually mounted the four....not just a hop on...but mounted with motion...lol. the four stood there. It happened three times and I tried to get pics and video but it wouldn't come out. Weird.

LOL! Maybe we could send these bucks to Michelle Bachman's husband for some therapy? Don't know if he works with animals, though.

Went out at 3pm...decided to use a buck urine drag...settle in stand and a while later ....sniff...sniff..sniff...phewwwww....reach down to pant leg pocket and glove gets wet...Ohh ya top wasn't tight :stink:<_< ...had to stand up to try and get even a little distance....lol...any how I'm pretty far back and the idea of getting out late smelling like a new rank buck to the area was making me nervous...so at 5:45 I pack it in and go to the trail parallel to the one I scented ...to be safe...look up and there stands a chocolate racked 8pt...we stare for a bit and I lower my head and start walking straight at him...arrow nocked and bow at the ready....he waited until I was 30 yrds away before bolting up to the ridge....he watched me leave and I didn't hear him run for the next county so...maybe we'll meet again...just 5 more minutes :banghead:

Edited by growalot

A little coffee..scent free shower..wake up jr at about 6..and then were outta here..would love to come accross a good deer and take it while hes with me..of course he could care less about antlers..he just wants to get his hands bloody..little evil:)

Heading out myself this morning too. Good luck!