Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

Had a spike under stand and when I went in at 5:30 this morning I stepped through the pine to fields and was face to face with a doe and had another 15ft to my right...noisy walk in...they managed to stay ahead of me the entire walk in snorting to beat the band...lol.....On the way to do chores ...found the tire tracks of a truck ...2 sets of foot prints and drag path ...they nearly lost the truck in the ditch...drove a long ways off shoulder trying to get back up on road....Had a deer poached either when I went to store or as I slept last night....wonder if it was the big 10 or 8pts...dirty SOB's

And you wonder why I can be such a BEOUCH!

Edited by growalot

Bummer for me! Glassed the field last night and saw about 10 deer around my tree in an open field. One huge buck, small 8 and a spike. I get in and hant sat this tree in awhile so it was in need of pruning. I no more then started pruning for 2 min and i had the 8 point feed right past me at less then 10 yards. I heard him breathing... I passed him hoping to see the big one and 40 min later 2 doe come out not 3 min later the 130" plus giant come out gives me a 65 yard broadside shot and i blow it! He bounds 30 yards i stop him and miss again! Somewhere in not being able to clear my lanes under this tree and pullin the shots i missed. Very disapointed... Hes sticking with the does so i hope he slips up tonight!

Very productive day. Saw about 8 buck and a dozen doe... 3 spiks at once and a broken half rack 2 point. Kind of funny to see them all together. Going to double check for blood on that 130 class i shot at. So bummed about that, not like me to miss a 60 yard shot

Geno, Aweful sorry to here about that miss.. Sounded like a good one. Hopefully you get a second chance at him. I'm on my 19th day in a row without hunting. Wish i could have been out there with ya'll. Congrats to those who killed today.

Well opening day has come and gone. Out of five of us only one got a small button buck. My 77 yo father in law killed it this afternoon thinking it was a doe. He's gonna provide some good eats. Another shot tomorrow to try to fill the freezer.