Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

I have no reception in the woods so I will have to post 'not so live' from my stand. Sat all day in my stand from 6:30a till 4:30p, the guys on the ridge above me were running ATVs up and down all day long; not my property so I can't complain but you know they were road hunting, though I can't prove it. About 8am a freight train of deer came crashing down the hill and through the brush quite a ways behind me, I couldn't tell what any of them were except brown, and I think there were 5 or 6 all together. They must have been doing at least mach 30. All I could see was the movement and hear the crashing.

Later in the morning, I had a big doe come right to my stand, all by herself, panting and looking behind her. Oh boy! Was I excited. I thought a buck was pushing her. She left and no one else came through, darn. Maybe a guy put her out? Who knows. Sure wish I had a doe tag this year.

Tomorrow gonna try bright and early. I hope to put my husband on his first deer one of these days! None of us drew a doe tag to sign over to him so we have to pray for an antler (two antlers would be even better).

Wny..thanks for posting..woke me up litterally..sorry to hear about 4wheelers jen..i have a similar goings on here..but these guys are just plain ignorant..ridin without helmets and theyre gettin on and off without loading and unloading...which tells me theyre riding with one chambered..and to boot..theyve got a young hunter with them..i will not be as discreet..its mot my land..but is my state..i know whats legal and not legal..i will totally give this dude a wedgie if i see him

Good luck all...headed out now...new moon...no wind...and the farmer next door finally hit that last 1/4 strip of corn they were hiding in...he must have tagged out his stand was at the corner of that and our woods...this will change them back to old ways...hope..hope...hope...hitting old faithful

Screwed the pooch this a.m. set on ground on edge of corn field cut last night. Gield was rutted up. One or the rut spots turned out to be a nice doe...never got a shot as the deer walked off. Should have been more observant.

Heading out now for an afternoon Long Island archery hunt. Guess I should be wearing my camo shorts and tank top.....way too warm. Crazy temps for late November. Been such a slow season.....still shut out but there's still a little more than a month left. Good luck everyone.