Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

Zero seen last night.

Today I still hunted the 300 yards of edges leading up to my #2 stand....had some on and off freezing rain for noise cover.

Just got up in the tree @2...calm, cloudy, a little cooler than the past two days....if its brown it's down!

Edited by 7J Everyday

The days over, had to call it a day at 3:00 (work). No movement seen all day, seems to be a cruddy year with regards to weather for hunting. Sat all day and on the way out i kicked up 2 does bedded about 50 yards from the truck :/ .Hopefully you guys are having better luck! I guess better luck next time

Just listened to some fool unload his gun on the far side of the property I'm hunting at 7:15. Must be a trespasser. Then a few minutes later I heard some crashing between me and the hail of gun fire. I can't wait to see if it's some a-hole trying to track right towards me. What a great start!!

Nothing but a turkey seen last night.

Got stuck with some construction chores today, so I am hunting from the kitchen window this afternoon.

I am looking forward to a few chilly mornings in a row.

Nice work on that doe grow, I wouldn't feel so bad about those little ones you orphaned...my buddy would have dropped them as well without a hesitation (the young ones are tenderest), I probably would have too if I had the tags.

No snow here, but its 26 degrees out! Just getting ready to hop in the shower and head out. Im only gonna have a couple of hours this morning, then we are heading out to BPS in Auburn to take the kids to see Santa and cut down our Christmas tree at our favorite Christmas tree farm. Weve been doing the same trip for 4 years now, its kinda become our little tradition.

• Like 1

traditions are a good thing lot of people get wrapped up in the fast life style and over look traditions good luck this morning 26 here all so taking my bow out behind the house the big boy is still running around friends seen him the other day

I whiffed 2wice yesterday morning after work..very frustrating..was walking quietly down logging rd..got the bedded does to jump and low and behold a 7pt was right with em..very frustrating..that 3 consecutive misses..i changed up guns ..still 20 ga..but this is a pump as opposed to the semi auto..quite frustrating..this is the most shooting ive ever done durring gun..i will be taking the bow out if i miss with this..

Another frustrating day. Sat total of 10 hours at two different spots and only saw 3 does the entire day. Each one looked like it weighed 80 pounds soaking wet. There deer are just not moving only heard about 7 shots the whole day which is not a lot for 3m where the deer are as abundant as squirrels.

Nothing all day long except two in the field where we park (by some houses, no shooting) well before legal light. Hunted sunrise to sunset...didn't hear any shooting either, except way across in PA. We get home just as it's getting dark and were 17 deer in my yard. Seriously.