Is Eli manning a hall of famer

cbyzerman

16 minutes ago, cbyzerman said:

Joe namath was the best qback in football for a five year stretch and set several records back in day... Eli was never even in the top 5....  And name another just decent qback that won sbl that is in hof.............

Hes not Trent Dilfer, he won four games in both SB runs and was the MVP both times

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cbyzerman said:

Joe namath was the best qback in football for a five year stretch and set several records back in day... Eli was never even in the top 5....  And name another just decent qback that won sbl that is in hof.............

Ken Stabler, Steve Young and Kurt Warner to name 3.  None of them had as long a career as Eli.  I could honestly care less if Eli ever makes it to the HOF or not, I really don't pay much attention to any sport these days. I am only judging him against others who he could be compared to.  Longevity and durability has always meant a LOT in any sport and it seems that Eli had a good deal of it.

15 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Ken Stabler, Steve Young and Kurt Warner to name 3.  None of them had as long a career as Eli.  I could honestly care less if Eli ever makes it to the HOF or not, I really don't pay much attention to any sport these days. I am only judging him against others who he could be compared to.  Longevity and durability has always meant a LOT in any sport and it seems that Eli had a good deal of it.

Steve Young is the most underrated QB of our lifetimes IMO.  This isnt a HOFer??

Jon Steven Young (born October 11, 1961) is a former professional American football quarterback who played 15 seasons in the National Football League (NFL) and is best known for his 13 seasons with the San Francisco 49ers. He also played for the NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Los Angeles Express of the United States Football League (USFL). Young played college football for Brigham Young University, setting school and NCAA records en route to being runner-up for the 1983 Heisman Trophy.

Young was named the AP's NFL Most Valuable Player in 1992 and 1994, and was the MVP of Super Bowl XXIX. During his 1994 MVP campaign, he set a new NFL record for passer rating at 112.8.[1] He is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame and the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Young was an efficient passer – leading the league in passer rating a record six times, and completion percentage and yards per attempt five times.[2] At the time of his retirement, he had the highest passer rating among NFL quarterbacks with at least 1,500 passing attempts (96.8). As of the end of the 2016 season, he is ranked fifth all-time in passer rating, and is ranked second highest amongst retired players, behind only Tony Romo.[3] His 43 career rushing touchdowns are second among quarterbacks, while his 4,239 rushing yards ranks third all time.

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

OMG did you really compare steve young to eli........... ?? Maybe a more fair comparison is peyton to steve young...........  Eli is not in the same league as those mentioned qback.............. especially young.........

41 minutes ago, cbyzerman said:

OMG did you really compare steve young to eli........... ?? Maybe a more fair comparison is peyton to steve young...........  Eli is not in the same league as those mentioned qback.............. especially young...

OK,  since you have such negative vibes towards him maybe you can go picket out in front of the HOF if and when Eli gets inducted!  LOL

All I know is that Eli seems like a really nice, humble type guy.  I always see him doing charitable work and such.  Seems to have a nice family that he cares for and has stuck it out with one woman.  In comparison to the scores of loser thugs in professional sports these days, he is notch or two above the rest in my book.

3 hours ago, steve863 said:

OK,  since you have such negative vibes towards him maybe you can go picket out in front of the HOF if and when Eli gets inducted!  LOL

All I know is that Eli seems like a really nice, humble type guy.  I always see him doing charitable work and such.  Seems to have a nice family that he cares for and has stuck it out with one woman.  In comparison to the scores of loser thugs in professional sports these days, he is notch or two above the rest in my book.

Not really a hater of eli or giants.........  I much more despise the jets especially the rex ryan jets but when someone is comparing eli and to steve young then I have to laugh....  And this is the hof not the hall of did he stay with one women and he has a nice family. I also think he will get into hof cause he is a manning but he was not a hof talent..........   

Lets stop making the pats into an unmovable object....  The ravens own them in the playoffs....  If it wasn't for the ravens  who knows how many championships pats would have cause we all know the steelers were not gonna beat them.... Styles make fights, steelers could not beat the pats , pats could not beat ravens and ravens could not beat the steelers......  And as much as I hate the jets in my opinion they beat the best pats team ever.... With mark sanchez...  They went into foxboro and slapped the shit out of arguably the most talented pats team ever....... And then the steelers slapped the shit out of them.....

Lets stop making the pats into an unmovable object....  The ravens own them in the playoffs....  If it wasn't for the ravens  who knows how many championships pats would have cause we all know the steelers were not gonna beat them.... Styles make fights, steelers could not beat the pats , pats could not beat ravens and ravens could not beat the steelers......  And as much as I hate the jets in my opinion they beat the best pats team ever.... With mark sanchez...  They went into foxboro and slapped the shit out of arguably the most talented pats team ever....... And then the steelers slapped the shit out of them.....

Any Given Sunday....which means even bad teams(Jets) can be unbelievable teams(Pats even in Foxboro). That doesn’t make the Jets great and the Pats crap. Even a broken watch is right twice a day...blind squirrel finds a nut....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He in, I was listening to clay Travis the other morning and he compared stats with Eli and John Elway and Eli's were better in every state except int's. Then he said your going to think we'll it's a passing league now, I think he said elways avg pass attempt per game was like 31 and Eli's was 34, so pretty close. 

Also Eli was never injured, it's pretty hard to do at qb.

2 hours ago, Zag said:

He in, I was listening to clay Travis the other morning and he compared stats with Eli and John Elway and Eli's were better in every state except int's. Then he said your going to think we'll it's a passing league now, I think he said elways avg pass attempt per game was like 31 and Eli's was 34, so pretty close. 

Yea , different error.... Much harder to complete a pass when the safety slams your #1 receiver on his head and has nobody to throw ball to and there is no flag... Whats next, is someone gonna say " well elis stats were actually better than Roger staubauchs  so he should get in"

Now it’s actually hard to get injured as a QB, no one is allowed to even breathe on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was listening to sports radio in the drive this morning as they recapped Eli’s SB runs. He beat Brett Farve in sub-zero temps in Green Bay and he beat Tony Romo’s Cowboys who were the top seed. During the second run, he beats Aaron Rodgers and then in SF, he takes 6 sacks, 12 QB hits, had his helmet nearly ripped off, and still came back and beat them. I like everyone else focused so much on the two catches that we forgotten that he was a tremendous play off performer. That it was a shame thy didn’t build more around him towards the later half of his career to get him into playoff more.

• Like 2

I may not exactly be sober right now but Jesus I can not follow this.

The Ravens....

What about Eli’s cheating scandal? Funny how people forget he and the giants were fine for their illegal walkie talkie use in his helmet. I guess because it didn’t help much with all
His losses?