Anyone watch The Hunt on history channel

moog5050

Got to do a dangerous game hunt; they're the best. Worth every bit of effort.

Please tell me you read the short story “The Most Dangerous Game” by Richard Connell. if not , please do!!! Curious as to your thoughts and Look forward to the next GTG for a “book talk”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I saw the "charge" on the woman. As presented, that's a very manufactured piece of video. 

I wonder how many people quit like the guys in Bucky's camp. (I might have when I saw the state of the accommodations.)

Just looked at a guide's site - 22K for a 12 day hunt plus tags. 

Edited by left field

3 minutes ago, left field said:

I saw the "charge" on the woman. As presented, that's a very manufactured piece of video. 

I wonder how many people quit like the guys in Bucky's camp. (I might have when I saw the state of the accommodations.)

Ya, lot of the footage was manufactured for the drama effect.  

I was surprised they actually showed the shot on the village raiding bear. 

9 hours ago, crappyice said:

Please tell me you read the short story “The Most Dangerous Game” by Richard Connell. if not , please do!!! Curious as to your thoughts and Look forward to the next GTG for a “book talk”

Thanks for that tip, just read it.  I enjoyed it.  I wonder if he took over and brought in new quarry for himself? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mowin said:

Ya, lot of the footage was manufactured for the drama effect.  

I was surprised they actually showed the shot on the village raiding bear. 

Even the table talk in Bucky's camp where he "called them out" was pretty suspect. Oh well, welcome to "non-scripted" TV.

I'm still happy that History invested in a hunting show. .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, crappyice said:

Did a book report on that in high school; there has to be countless movies and tv programs based on that piece!

Found it online;

https://www.classicshorts.com/stories/danger.html

Classic fits the site, lots of good reads there.

Edited by Dinsdale

Definitely not your normal TV hunting show, a la The Outdoors Channel. Granted it's on the History Channel, so assuming actual kills might not be shown as frequently. Worth the viewing time if not only for the Kodiak Island scenery, images of brown bears and what might go into an expected guided hunt. Little over the top showing hunters using MLs &/or compound bows, not something I'd dream of doing. Some of the assumed scripted stuff was hard to take like the less than proficient rifle shooters, potential shooting from a boat, baiting with deer carcasses, a mere 2 day hunt, hunters less than physically capable of hunting the terrain and esp the matching of the old timer guide (Buckey) with polar opposite, flat-lander hunters expecting to stay in a true lodge. Then there's the married couple going into the thicket after a wounded brown bear that had charged them with her only having 3 bullets and he had none. :notme: Seemed like the introduced drama of their retrieval with husband's Diabetes issues taking up more air time than the actual hunt was intentional by the show's producers.

BTW - Anyone interested should skip the 1st couple of "background" episodes and get into the more "gritty" episodes showing actual hunting situations.