Still chasing?...

NonTypical

I got this video last night. It appears to be a buck trailing a doe. 

Then I got another video this morning. The buck sure looks like he lost his girlfriend. He’s a bit out of breath and a little disoriented. He even has a cattail stuck in his rack. Lol. 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 2

We were working in South Setauket on Long Island yesterday. About 10 am my sister yells boys there is a Doe in the backyard. Then these two bucks come from the woods and start chasing her around. Its still going on. This is why you see fawns with spots late season down here! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, First-light said:

We were working in South Setauket on Long Island yesterday. About 10 am my sister yells boys there is a Doe in the backyard. Then these two bucks come from the woods and start chasing her around. Its still going on. This is why you see fawns with spots late season down here! 

I agree 100%. I’ve seen it firsthand and even still get pics of fawns with spots in January. Even though some people might say it’s from inbreeding, it’s not. It’s about too many does and not enough bucks. I thought the second video was pretty funny and I’d thought that I’d share. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 9:22 AM, cynthiafu said:

Weather is changing I would think breeding would change . Our October weather we get in November  our November  weather we get in December   December  weather  we get in January  you see the pattern

Weather doesnt have much to do with breeding. The timing is set by photo period. The rut doesnt happen all at once, you have the main one in late Oct/Early Nov, but then youll have 1-2 smaller ones after that. IIRC, they are spaced out around 28 days between.

• Like 2