2011 Harvest thread

WNYBuckHunter

Here is my buck i took with the 30-06 on sunday. Got invited to a friends camp who said shoot what you like. I liked this one from 110 yrds. Congrats to the others on here as well.

Congrats Dave looks like a big deer, nice thick rack.
  • Like 1

Deer # 5 on the ground.

7R dmp filled, .243 120 or so yard shot. Was looking forward to a day run SZ Muzz but oppertunity knocked. 1st. time in my life I filled all tags after picking up Bowhunting. :)

post-4-0-72497900-1323660467_thumb.jpg

pic is a still of my video cam because I broke my digital

1 st time for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats hope you left some deer for next yr lol????????????

I shot my first muzzleloader deer yesterday afternoon. I've been after this old gal (aka "Big Mama") for the past three years...I figure that she's got be around 6.5 years old. Saw her several times during archery season but not close enough to put an arrow in. Anyways, she came out to the cloverfield a little too early and I put a 250grain Hornady sabot through her lungs @120 yds. Pretty good way to cap of the season (may give it one last try tonight).

IM000321.jpg

IMG_0989ttgg-1.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

Congrats...she's a big one for sure....hope taking her doesn't change their travel patterns on you....I took a big matriarch one year....and patterns changed drastically on our place for a # of years ...it shut down a few stands..She'll take up some real estate in the freezer.....

Thanks, she's the largest doe that I've ever killed. I just wish that I could have gotten the job done with my bow. This old girl is getting turned into burger and canning meat for the landowners...

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

Thanks, she's the largest doe that I've ever killed. I just wish that I could have gotten the job done with my bow. This old girl is getting turned into burger and canning meat for the landowners...

The landowner would probably rather have a nice turkey breast and/or ham! (unfortunately)

The landowner would probably rather have a nice turkey breast and/or ham! (unfortunately)

Actually, the landowners are one of my best friends parents and they've been waiting on me to get them some venison. I also shot them a deer earlier in the fall on crop damage permits (they own a dairy farm) at their request...

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

congrats! That is a big doe, did you weigh her?

I as well took a huge doe, the matriarch,back 6 years ago or so and I noticed quite a change in the doe behavior since. They used to herd up when she was around. Never seen that since here or as many does for that matter.

I connected one a nice doe today. I almost didnt go out for the evening sit, but couldnt resist, so I headed up to my honey hole, which has been severly underhunted this year. I got there just before 4pm and got settled in. Right at 4:20, 4 doe showed up in the field, the lead doe trotting toward my lane right at 50ish yards. I gave her the normal mouth grunt and she stopped and looked, so I saeezed the trigger and let her have it. The 50 dropped hrr in her tracks. The last 2 years, ive shot 2 with the ML, and I am sold. Hanging up the shotgun for anything but drives.

2011-12-19_16-34-10_81.jpg

I connected one a nice doe today. I almost didnt go out for the evening sit, but couldnt resist, so I headed up to my honey hole, which has been severly underhunted this year. I got there just before 4pm and got settled in. Right at 4:20, 4 doe showed up in the field, the lead doe trotting toward my lane right at 50ish yards. I gave her the normal mouth grunt and she stopped and looked, so I saeezed the trigger and let her have it. The 50 dropped hrr in her tracks. The last 2 years, ive shot 2 with the ML, and I am sold. Hanging up the shotgun for anything but drives.

2011-12-19_16-34-10_81.jpg

Sweat deal!! Passed on 5 doe this week and a 6 point dont want to cut up any more deer. I'm done!!! :D Just like to sit in the woods and freeze. :D Anyhow welcome to the frontstuffer for shotgun club. Ive used mine exclusively for 5 gun seasons ( 15 deer) in a row and even gave the old 870 to my dad. Nothing better than the smell of rotten eggs in the morning. Or evening for that matter. :spiteful:

Edited by erussell