Kobe bryant

Swamp_bucks

4 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I am not a fan of sports really at all, but it is just sad, the whole situation, all those people lost.

Bingo the eight others are just a footnote  , I’ve never understood why I should care more for the loss of a celebrity , then a bus driver or ditch digger ,actually I put the death of a soldier well above a guy who’s good at bouncing a ball .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

Bingo the eight others are just a footnote  , I’ve never understood why I should care more for the loss of a celebrity , then a bus driver or ditch digger ,actually I put the death of a soldier well above a guy who’s good at bouncing a ball .

Well said sir.  Loss of life, is a loss of life.

Not being a sports fanatic, the name Kobe brings up recollections of a married father of a 3 month old that was charged with rape.  But "green privilege" allowed him to avoid life in prison and only cost him a bundle of cash to settle with the victim and lost endorsements.  Seems like the sports world will forgive anything for the almighty dollar.

People tend to see what they wish to see in a person, often giving "idols", albeit false ones, a pass.

Adultery and rape on the resume.  Class act?

Any life lost is a terrible thing, and all who died deserve our sympathy, but I won't eulogize in denial.  May God have mercy on his soul.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

Let's respect the others.

CBS Los Angeles, has confirmed the identities of all nine people aboard the helicopter.

Besides Bryant and his daughter, they are:
-John Altobelli, head baseball coach at Orange Coast College, his wife Keri and daughter Alyssa
-Christina Mauser, basketball coach at Harbor Day School in Newport Beach
-Sarah Chester and daughter Payton Chester
-Ara Zobayan, pilot

6 hours ago, Rattler said:

Not being a sports fanatic, the name Kobe brings up recollections of a married father of a 3 month old that was charged with rape.  But "green privilege" allowed him to avoid life in prison and only cost him a bundle of cash to settle with the victim and lost endorsements.  Seems like the sports world will forgive anything for the almighty dollar.

People tend to see what they wish to see in a person, often giving "idols", albeit false ones, a pass.

Adultery and rape on the resume.  Class act?

Any life lost is a terrible thing, and all who died deserve our sympathy, but I won't eulogize in denial.  May God have mercy on his soul.

Come on lets call a spade a spade..........   That skank was looking for a pay day and kobe said FU i am not paying I will go to trial and take my chances... That court screwed him over and tried to set an example... He did not get zero privilege  there... I agree with-you on  them going overboard and forgetting about that and calling him class act but one screw up on adultery that we know of in a world where attractive women are throwing themselves at him every night.  That guy did a ton for his community...........

• Like 1

Here's a story - my mother was a 1:1 aide for a young man who had Duchenne MD. He loved two things. The Bills, and Kobe and the Lakers. This young man idolized Kobe. Mostly because he was capable of achieving what many people would agree are peak physical capabilities of the human body. This young man couldn't walk after 13, and died in his 20s after a long endurance. The young man wrote Kobe a letter in his teens.

Kobe flew this young man and his entire family out to a game - gave him the red carpet treatment. And continued to personally text him for years after their meeting. Kobe then became a passionate advocate of Duchenne MD. Raising awareness and money. Kobe sent him personal Christmas cards, flowers when he had sick periods, etc. And these were done personally by him - not an assistant.

We should abide by our social contract in the court system - straying from it to assign guilt for any reason is awfully leftist IMO. I will say no more on that.

Edited by phade
  • Like 7

Another story was there was a water boy who was autistic use to have simple tasks and one day was not at the stadium....  After couple days shaq asked if he was sick and then learned that this boy was let go cause of  small layoffs....  A autistic boy making min wage was let go from a billion dollar industry....  Shaq and kobe were infuriated and went to owners and said until they bring danny back they would not play another game....  A limo went and picked the boy up... Seems like a pretty good guy to me...

33 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Let's respect the others.

CBS Los Angeles, has confirmed the identities of all nine people aboard the helicopter.

Besides Bryant and his daughter, they are:
-John Altobelli, head baseball coach at Orange Coast College, his wife Keri and daughter Alyssa
-Christina Mauser, basketball coach at Harbor Day School in Newport Beach
-Sarah Chester and daughter Payton Chester
-Ara Zobayan, pilot

I hope someone went into the personal background of each to determine whether they were "class acts" or not and worthy of respect in death.

No one is saying their deaths are any less tragic than Bryant's. I heard Mauser's husband interviewed this morning and it was heartbreaking. But Bryant was a giant and when a giant falls to the ground, the earth shakes. It's not hard to understand.

• Like 1

In the world of philanthropy, there are a lot of people in position to do something but don’t. Many of us can talk about what we would do if we had that kind of money and influence. Kobe got to that position and did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2