Waterproof gear/duffel bag.

mowin

Need a good, not overly expensive, gear bag.  Definitely want waterproof, as I often put my bags in the bed of the truck, or in a jet sled for a 12 mile snowmobile ride to my buddies camp.  

Want it large enough for my cold weather gear, boots as well as every day clothes. 

I've been looking at the round dry bags, but not sure how much I can cram into those, or if boots will fit.  

Looked at the Cabela's bag, but the latest 2 reviews are horrible. Not sure if the quality since bass pro took over has suffered.

So what's everyone using, recommend? 

Not bad.   Description says weather resistant. 

Last trip I took in October my gear bag and contents got soaked in the back of the truck despite my tonneau cover.  

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Thule Chasm Duffel Bag, Black, Large (90L) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GG1NPEO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_CRHlEbWB0NDGF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a couple year old Cabelas roll top with backpack straps, large (might even be the xtra lg?) I 've used a few times on trips to Canada. Flawless sitting out on dock waiting for planes, in swamped boat, etc.

You can have it for cost of shipping or take a ride down the Taconic to State route 199 in N. Dutchess if you want.

I have a few of the smaller ones too IIRC, I might keep one.

Bought a chest style boat bag from Basspro last year and it works OK: but (and its a big but) the zipper is not waterproof and the flap has to be down around the top or it leaks.....to me its useless design. worked ok in a few amazon downpours and water in the bottom of boat, but waves over the bow made it a tank of water with lure boxes floating around. POS.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

I have a couple year old Cabelas roll top with backpack straps, large (might even be the xtra lg?) I 've used a few times on trips to Canada. Flawless sitting out on dock waiting for planes, in swamped boat, etc.

You can have it for cost of shipping or take a ride down the Taconic to State route 199 in N. Dutchess if you want.

I have a few of the smaller ones too IIRC, I might keep one.

Bought a chest style boat bag from Basspro last year and it works OK: but (and its a big but) the zipper is not waterproof and the flap has to be down around the top or it leaks.....to me its useless design. worked ok in a few amazon downpours and water in the bottom of boat, but waves over the bow made it a tank of water with lure boxes floating around. POS.

PM sent.