Corona Virus Thread

https://abc7ny.com/5974999/

NEW YORK (WABC) -- One man has locked himself in his Brooklyn apartment, trying to get by with a hacking cough and a fever - and a real concern he is infected with the novel coronavirus.

How long before, "You're doing a heck of a job here, B̶r̶o̶w̶n̶i̶e̶ Pencie."?

Edited by left field

On 2/28/2020 at 4:34 PM, left field said:

Living in NYC, I typically get every cold and flu that goes around. This year I decided to change one thing. I started washing my hands religiously in Nov. Maybe 10-15 times a day for the full 20 seconds with hot soapy water. Last night, for example I was at an event and shook hands with 10 people then went for dinner. I washed my hands five times over those three hours - even breaking in the middle of dinner to wash up. I also surf the subway and don't handle any part of the car when I commute.

I haven't been sick once this year - *knock wood*.

That said, the car is provisioned and pointed toward Canada if things gets mildly out of hand in NYC. 

Good choice ,their healthcare system is top notch...

My parents are supposed to go to Ireland in about a month. They are starting to get nervous about it now. My dad says if the numbers on this thing get out of control he doesn't want to go anymore.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, crappyice said:

Can I self quarantine for a two weeks “stay-cation?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, grampy said:

If this virus is still around, I will self quarantine for two weeks on October 1st!!!!

Def not using 2 weeks of sick time unless a season is open. I would be pissed to be off for two weeks in March. Lol. And had to use all that time off.  

I've already put in for fishing and hunting time off right thru to gun season. 

• Like 2

Just now, TACC said:

They might be off the job, but I think they will still be getting a paycheck.

Others that have to be quarantined might not be as lucky.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I agree , but resources will be stretched thin , and OT will be through the roof . One crew has contact not knowing  PT has the virus , they come back to the firehouse , later to find out PT has virus , now that house is closed for two weeks . So all four shifts can’t get their gear , so 25 guys can’t work .

She knowingly chose to go to Iran

I have colleagues who love to travel to “exotic” places. They come back with stories of sub par conditions, concern for their safety and issues with how long it takes to get there. “Sounds miserable, why did you go?” is often my questions.
They say because and call me grumpy!
F Dat....my bucket list most exotic place is Pharoh’s with @Jeremy K !

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I have colleagues who love to travel to “exotic” places. They come back with stories of sub par conditions, concern for their safety and issues with how long it takes to get there. “Sounds miserable, why did you go?” is often my questions.

lol I agree!.  I might make it out of the county once a year not the country!  You see guys like Jim Shockey go to Iran to hunt Tahr and exotic species.  No way in hell.  I wouldnt go there to hunt Tahr even if they had boobies.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

You're just as likely to catch something at pharoahs... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2