Corona Virus Thread

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

I  disagree with Biz in that I think its coming and will cause issues due to fear, panic. As far as the illness itself, I think that will be much less awful than media is making out.  Still going to have sick people running around, I think.

Let me rephrase it. I'm not saying people won't get COVID-19. I think thousands already have it. I think it won't be a storyline, just like the flu typically isn't. A few people i work with have high fevers and have to stay home 14 days now. 

Just now, Al Bundy said:

I was wondering if we should have practice virus drills at work.  We have fire drills, disaster drills. Why not virus drill? When the alarm goes off, we could all run around and switch cubes...  

We technically have them at my work. we are being asked to bring our laptops home each night in case we are told to stay home for weeks. we also had to put in our requests for home monitors and keyboards if needed. they are being shipped to our homes.

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

Heard a stat today on radio that 2500 people die every year in the US from being left handed and using something right handed....WTF ?  

over 200 people on average die per day from Snake Bites. 80-140K annually. And I bet that number is low. I would think a lot more are dying that aren't accounted for. Point is, i got a much better chance of dying from a copperhead or rattlesnake locally than COVID-19

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

over 200 people on average die per day from Snake Bites. 80-140K annually. And I bet that number is low. I would think a lot more are dying that aren't accounted for. Point is, i got a much better chance of dying from a copperhead or rattlesnake locally than COVID-19

they gave a bunch of different stats like that.  The left handed one had me guessing.  How and by what because they are left handed ?  But yes def not too big of risk of death from COVID-19.  But i do worry about a string of quarantines at work.   Hopefully we wont see it.  But i think within the next few years we all will have it as some point like the flu.  It will prob keep coming back every season.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Constant exposure to flame kills viruses - plus you all work 3 on 4 off etc!  By the way, I won the ironman award for my HS football team.  Had no idea it was related to perfect attendance.

I was named , “ The Ironman “ by my classmates at the academy, that too had nothing to do with attendance.  We had to do daily “ death marches “ on air ,Stairs , obstacle course , and so on till only one guy had air left , which was always me .

Today I’m closer to The Tin Man .

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

I was named , “ The Ironman “ by my classmates at the academy, that too had nothing to do with attendance.  We had to do daily “ death marches “ on air ,Stairs , obstacle course , and so on till only one guy had air left , which was always me .

Today I’m closer to The Tin Man .

Tin is flexible - that's good!

Sheesh, first there was a shortage of masks, now hand sanitizer is almost impossible to get, even on Amazon! Since I missed the memo on masks and hand sanitizer, I want to get a head of future shortages, so I'm thinking about stocking up on toilet paper and whiskey! But don't tell anyone!! :secret:

• Like 1

that's what grandma is for. My mom would definitely encourage me to save my day for something fun.
Just wait.....something about a sick baby doesn't always mix well with grandparents. Or they are sick themselves and then you are left to fend.
You haven't seen anything until Hand, Foot and mouth rears its ulgy head.....not even a grandmother wants to be the caregiver during that time period.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Sheesh, first there was a shortage of masks, now hand sanitizer is almost impossible to get, even on Amazon! Since I missed the memo on masks and hand sanitizer, I want to get a head of future shortages, so I'm thinking about stocking up on toilet paper and whiskey! But don't tell anyone!! :secret:

Stores in some parts of the country are out of TP and bottled water , whiskey is still in stock , although the Mrs suggested we stock up on beer in case of quarantines, and I’m not kidding .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

Everyone is your friend during the first three days of the apocalypse. On Day 4, they'll kill you for a D battery. After 36 days, they'll trade children for a box of wet naps. In six months, after all the canned and dried food is gone ... "long pig" is on the menu.

I'm told old to survive for long but if I was younger I would hoard books that taught me how to homestead. 

Didn't anyone read The Road?

Edited by left field
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, left field said:

Everyone is your friend during the first three days of the apocalypse. On Day 4, they'll kill you for a D battery. After 36 days, they'll trade children for a box of wet naps. In six months, after all the canned and dried food is gone ... "long pig" is on the menu.

I'm told old to survive for long but if I was younger I would hoard books that taught me how to homestead. 

Didn't anyone read The Road?

I told my friends i would sell them salmon and venison for $500/lb.

• Like 1

Heard a stat today on radio that 2500 people die every year in the US from being left handed and using something right handed....WTF ?  

Being left handed in a right handed world is no joke. Everyday conveniences are set up for right handers. It’s a real PIA but with that said I still don’t understand 2500 deaths a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has got to be the dumbest f*&^ing thing I have ever read after 30 years in construction.....

I use a worm drive 50% of the time now, used to be 100% (by their logic thats a left hand saw)

If you die by an electric saw (either hand), you deserve to be culled from the gene pool.

More than 2,500 left-handed people are killed each year due to using right-handed products. Right handed power saws are the most deadly.

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

Being left handed in a right handed world is no joke. Everyday conveniences are set up for right handers. It’s a real PIA but with that said I still don’t understand 2500 deaths a year.

I'm also left handed ,it's nice not to be a sheep. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

5247a110981edb56a8998b20e79d0c01.jpg

Ha a couple days ago two of my former work crew, were sprayed in the mouth with vomit while on a CPR run , they were suctioning out the airway when it happened .

I sent them a text to just drink some Jack and they’ll be fine !

B18DAB13-8252-4329-A9D2-B440212AB421.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1