Corona Virus Thread

[mention]The Jerkman [/mention]

You gonna get shutdown today?

For those who don’t know, Circuit breakers may come into play today For overall stock market. They did last night for first time since the Don won election. If market goes down too far they have to paused it for like 5-10min. If it goes too far down they shutdown for the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not likely. Just a small expected 15 min halt to star the day. Don't expect much more. Everything seems to want to stay stuck at down 5% or so. Need I remind you we are only around 12% from the absolute highs. So this "downfall" isn't really much of anything. All a bunch of bologna

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Our school district just sent out a notice about the way we rank students by GPA being exclusionary, and they misspelled the word "Survey"

Last year ours said my son was in 3th (3rd?) grade. 

58 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Not likely. Just a small expected 15 min halt to star the day. Don't expect much more. Everything seems to want to stay stuck at down 5% or so. Need I remind you we are only around 12% from the absolute highs. So this "downfall" isn't really much of anything. All a bunch of bologna

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Never forget that I put $1M in SDOW. How you like me now?

56 minutes ago, Eric J said:

Democrats are using coronavirus 'as a tool to politicize things and scare people'

Seems like the whole world is freaking out over this to me and that would have little to do with the democrats in the U.S.  Like I said in a previous post, I couldn't imagine what would happen to this planet if something truly serious hit it.  People would be murdering each other for a roll of stinking toilet paper.  Lead wrapped in brass will be our only defense from the kaos.

This whole thing is ridiculous. 18,000 people have died this year in the USA of the regular flu! The rate of death is off as well. Once the numbers including countries with high levels of health care, and not places that use ground up rhinoceros horn and parrot balls to cure shit, gets figured in the rate will be similar or lower than the regular flu. If you notice anyplace it is hot right now there are zero to minimal cases so it also looks like the regular flues this will diminish once the weather gets warmer.

I'm with Biz, in two months this will be barely a bleep.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

This whole thing is ridiculous. 18,000 people have died this year in the USA of the regular flu! The rate of death is off as well. Once the numbers including countries with high levels of health care, and not places that use ground up rhinoceros horn and parrot balls to cure shit, gets figured in the rate will be similar or lower than the regular flu. If you notice anyplace it is hot right now there are zero to minimal cases so it also looks like the regular flues this will diminish once the weather gets warmer.

I'm with Biz, in two months this will be barely a bleep.

I hope you're right. I really do, but this isn't the flu, there is no indication that it will die out with warmer air and yes we don't know what the mortality rate truly is, but experts, not facebook believe it's higher. 

At least we can all agree that the panic isn't helpful for anyone, especially those in healthcare that will face the real brunt of this. 

3 hours ago, Belo said:

Just got the notification that all non-essential business trips are canceled. So much for Hawaii, at least for now :(

Same here. We cant even have face to face meetings with vendors now. I was supposed to go to a Sabres game tonight with a vendor and had to cancel. With the way the Sabres are playing, that might be a blessing in disguise.

Our company has even said that if you are going on any personal vacation, you have to give travel details to them so they can determine if you can come back to work after your vacation is over. If they deem that you have to stay away for 2 weeks, it comes out of your vacation time.

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Same here. We cant even have face to face meetings with vendors now. I was supposed to go to a Sabres game tonight with a vendor and had to cancel. With the way the Sabres are playing, that might be a blessing in disguise.

Our company has even said that if you are going on any personal vacation, you have to give travel details to them so they can determine if you can come back to work after your vacation is over. If they deem that you have to stay away for 2 weeks, it comes out of your vacation time.

we are "checking" all visitors. Which security and EHS have no idea how to actually act on lol. But hey, looks good in an email doesn't it?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Mostly because I am on a low carb diet.  Not that I engage in insider trading, but I will PM you when I fall off the wagon.

that's a shame. if there is 1 food besides steak i had to pick to live on for the rest of my life it would be pasta for sure.

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

that's a shame. if there is 1 food besides steak i had to pick to live on for the rest of my life it would be pasta for sure.

I agree Biz.  Sunday sauce with 3 types of meat and cheese raviolis are my favorite along with lasagna.  But I turned my diet over to my son and have lost 7lbs first two weeks.  I really need to drop some pounds so no pasta for the most part.  I do get one cheat meal every weekend so who knows when pasta will be on the menu but it won't be a regular occurrence.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Belo said:

what's most concerning to me is that we always buy these things lol. So I'm over here like "did you not have soap and cleaning supplies in your house before"? 

spacer.png

Dont get me started on how gross alot of people are. Every day at work, I see people leave the shitter and walk right out the door without washing their hands. Even more of them I see at the sink, getting their hands wet, but not using soap. Lots of people that dont seem like they would be that way. Im pretty close to going from handshakes to fist bumps at this point.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Dont get me started on how gross alot of people are. Every day at work, I see people leave the shitter and walk right out the door without washing their hands. Even more of them I see at the sink, getting their hands wet, but not using soap. Lots of people that dont seem like they would be that way. Im pretty close to going from handshakes to fist bumps at this point.

We only fist bump at work , the boss comes around every morning and says hello with a fist bump. 

• Like 1