Corona Virus Thread

I am liking that they are only issuing a 24 hr closure of schools if anyone tests positive.  Was worried it was gonna be a 14 day one. I don't work at a school but maybe we use this guidance too?  

Scarsdale did a week.
Keio did the rest of the year.
It makes no sense to me. More and more cases will keep popping up anyway so when do you reopen? Closing for 1 day to do a deep clean Is fine. But anything further makes no sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Scarsdale did a week.
Keio did the rest of the year.
It makes no sense to me. More and more cases will keep popping up anyway so when do you reopen? Closing for 1 day to do a deep clean Is fine. But anything further makes no sense to me

Exactly and as soon as you come back someone else might have it and close again for two weeks.....not good. 24 hours to disinfect seems good. 

• Like 2

I work in a fairly large school district with five elementary schools, a middle school and a high school. Add in separate maintenance, transportation, and district office buildings and we have ten different buildings, with thousands of students and staff. We have at this time four students who have been "possibly" exposed to COVID-19 through relatives traveling abroad.  They are on voluntary quarantine, along with their families. No symptoms. 

I came in this morning to find two tubs of disinfectant wipes and a large hand sanitizer on my desk. And a note saying to use them liberally. Along with the faint smell of bleach from the district wide cleaning last evening. From the memo I received yesterday, we will close for one day, if a confirmed case appears within the district, for a more intense cleaning. And reevaluate the situation, as it may or may not develop.

So I do have to say, that school districts, at least this one, is being very proactive, in trying to keep students and staff safe. Just so all of you, who have kids in school, can know that we are doing all we can up to this point.

My own opinion is, though COVID-19 is certainly a serious health issue, like a bad common cold, or flu. It is not the black plague!!! And it is the widespread fear, that is causing the most serious issues of this "pandemic".

• Like 5

17 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

On a somewhat racist note : Indians (not native Americans) are awful about this.  I also see them taking reams of paper towels into the crapper, when I come back later it's jammed with paper towels.  What. The.  Hell.

The joys of working on an IT floor.

Race has nothing to do with it from what Ive seen. We have a mix of different races, etc here and there are offenders from every race.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Boston Massachusetts not having the st Patrick’s day parade   One of the biggest in the country 

Just spent the weekend in Boston. Hit the North End Saturday night for dinner. It was packed. Quincy Market, China Town and Celtics game on Sunday. We went through quite a bit of hand sanitizer between the four of us. Did see some people wearing masks but wasn't keeping people from being out and about. One thing I did notice was people's reluctance to touch doors and door handles. Almost everyone was pulling down their coat sleeves to touch handles and holding doors open with their elbows.

• Like 2

Just now, MPHunter said:

Just spent the weekend in Boston. Hit the North End Saturday night for dinner. It was packed. Quincy Market, China Town and Celtics game on Sunday. We went through quite a bit of hand sanitizer between the four of us. Did see some people wearing masks but wasn't keeping people from being out and about. One thing I did notice was people's reluctance to touch doors and door handles. Almost everyone was pulling down their coat sleeves to touch handles and holding doors open with their elbows.

Whered you eat? The North End has incredible restaurants

11 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

Heritage trail ? Trillium brewing ? Ye olde oyster house ? Lobsta rolls and chowda I hope     And now  back to Corona thread 

Edited by turkeyfeathers

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Whered you eat? The North End has incredible restaurants

Ate at a place called Benevento's. It was pretty old school and divey. Food was pretty good though. My wife claimed her lobster ravioli was the best she ever had. I had the pasta bolongnese and it was good. Kids both had spaghetti and meatballs and loved it. Also went to a bakery called Bova's for desert. That place was awesome.

• Like 1

Market bounce back 3-4% today.

Supposedly the President of China showed up in Wuhan. I guess that’s a great sign they are getting things under control.

If you trust anything out of China you might be full blown ignoramus

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

If you trust anything out of China you might be full blown ignoramus

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, virgil said:

You know it's serious when Tucker Carlson, or anyone on Fox News, abandons the party line and starts acknowledging that this is a serious health crisis and not just the flu and not just 'fake news'.

I, personally, do not believe this is a bigger issue than the flu. I've said it from day 1 and i still believe it's not a big deal.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Hopefully the Corona Virus never reaches a level where everyone will see workers in masked environmental suits spraying sidewalks in front of stores.             Again-- hopefully no future Lockdown anywhere in the US...

I see that right now in nyc. people everywhere spraying everything. there are people in charge of spraying elevator buttons all day long

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I, personally, do not believe this is a bigger issue than the flu. I've said it from day 1 and i still believe it's not a big deal.

I know just like the last time St. Pats in Ireland, SXSW and Coachella were cancelled, an entire peninsula of Europe was locked down and cruises ships around the world being rejected at ports...nothing to see here

Edited by OtiscoPaul

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Daughters trip in July to France Italy Spain looking no bueno   Sucks as my parents paid for most of it just before they passed.  They really wanted her to go   A bit of me is now torn up. 

They won't reschedule?