Corona Virus Thread

2 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Ivy league just shutdown post season conference basketball playoffs and awarded the bid to the NCAA tourney to the regular season conference champs.....Yale(men's) and Princeton (women's) teams.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

No big deal just like...never

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I, personally, do not believe this is a bigger issue than the flu. I've said it from day 1 and i still believe it's not a big deal.

With a few exceptions Biz.. Elderly and pre-existing health issue I think are higher risk than with normal Flu. I hope not, but its sounding and looking like it.

27 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

I know just like the last time St. Pats in Ireland, SXSW and Coachella were cancelled, an entire peninsula of Europe was locked down and cruises ships around the world being rejected at ports...nothing to see here

when was that? serious question. 

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

With a few exceptions Biz.. Elderly and pre-existing health issue I think are higher risk than with normal Flu. I hope not, but its sounding and looking like it.

yes, the weak always succumb first

18 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Ivy league just shutdown post season conference basketball playoffs and awarded the bid to the NCAA tourney to the regular season conference champs.....Yale(men's) and Princeton (women's) teams.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

and Yale lost twice to Harvard. The fix is always in with the Ivy League basketball games

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I, personally, do not believe this is a bigger issue than the flu. I've said it from day 1 and i still believe it's not a big deal.

Paranoia, that's all it really is and the media sensationalizing it all since it is generating BIG revenue for them.  It's truly unbelievable where this has been taken. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

Paranoia, that's all it really is and the media sensationalizing it all since it is generating BIG revenue for them.  It's truly unbelievable where this has been taken. 

Italy is locked down...the Duomo in Milan.  That’s not some fantasy land it is a western democracy.  It spread from 5 brits in the alps 3 weeks ago.

A5E19810-A9F6-4903-9589-682CA3C8DF66.thumb.jpeg.f560c0864b98cf0012ef8a4c4dc16d52.jpeg

How bout all them wussies who brushed up against the Wuhan at CPAC...They are just gonna take a 14 day vacation with no work from home protocol fir the senate or congress who might be needed to approve a few emergency spending bills...fake news

Edited by OtiscoPaul

22 hours ago, Elmo said:

Co-worker just came back from Venice on Saturday, just before the lock down.  Said no F's given by the people there.  People splashing water on their face and goggling the water without washing their hands with soap in the bathrooms, etc.

Being in a hospitality/events industry, Coumo's restrictions of large gatherings is hurting business.  I just took a pay cut for the next 3 months as a result.

that f'n moron also said to "take the next train, if the one you're about to get on is full". Shows again how out of touch with reality he is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

This is from the chief science officer of a major pharmaceutical company my wife is associated with:

9D96303E-00D0-4E8E-B356-503B456A5CDC.jpeg

no one is saying we are all gonna get sick most won’t 

You may want to re-read that. He is not saying most wont get it.  

A new medicine needs to go through a very thorough process to get FDA approval.  The process is not over night and also not always successful.   Its a very very tedious process and monitored heavily by FDA. I fear that any vaccine that comes out quickly will not have gone through the normal FDA process and COULD cause issues. 

38 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Italy is locked down...the Duomo in Milan.  That’s not some fantasy land it is a western democracy.  It spread from 5 brits in the alps 3 weeks ago.

A5E19810-A9F6-4903-9589-682CA3C8DF66.thumb.jpeg.f560c0864b98cf0012ef8a4c4dc16d52.jpeg

How bout all them wussies who brushed up against the Wuhan at CPAC...They are just gonna take a 14 day vacation with no work from home protocol fir the senate or congress who might be needed to approve a few emergency spending bills...fake news

Italy is a 3rd world country. Dirty & Corrupt

26 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

This is from the chief science officer of a major pharmaceutical company my wife is associated with:

9D96303E-00D0-4E8E-B356-503B456A5CDC.jpeg

no one is saying we are all gonna get sick most won’t 

my brother is a clinical pharmacist. Yes, elderly and people with pre-existing conditions are most at risk of dying. the average healthy human will NOT show symptoms. therefore, there could be millions with COVID-19 right now and we have no idea.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

my brother is a clinical pharmacist. Yes, elderly and people with pre-existing conditions are most at risk of dying. the average healthy human will NOT show symptoms. therefore, there could be millions with COVID-19 right now and we have no idea.

Exactly, so there is no other way to prevent the spread from overwhelming the healthcare system without otherwise healthy people understanding the need for social distancing..you are doubling the flu which already taxes the system 

23 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

You may want to re-read that. He is not saying most wont get it.  

A new medicine needs to go through a very thorough process to get FDA approval.  The process is not over night and also not always successful.   Its a very very tedious process and monitored heavily by FDA. I fear that any vaccine that comes out quickly will not have gone through the normal FDA process and COULD cause issues. 

My wife is a QA Director in phase 3 CR... Re-read what I said, “won’t get sick” as in asymptomatic

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Belo said:

that f'n moron also said to "take the next train, if the one you're about to get on is full". Shows again how out of touch with reality he is.

The hand sanatizer was a good idea I don’t care what anyone says.  It was being price gouged now it’s free for NY institutions, name another proactive thing that’s been done since China locked Wuhan down with 216 case and 13 deaths

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Market bounce back 3-4% today.

Supposedly the President of China showed up in Wuhan. I guess that’s a great sign they are getting things under control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BANG! Biz wins

12 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Does China quarantine  over the flu ? Does itAly quarantine  over the flu ? No so I think there is something  more to this then  just another flu

to stop it since it is something new with no vaccine. But it will not end up being deadlier than the flu in the USA