Corona Virus Thread

1 minute ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

NYS is preparing to send everybody home.  Mandatory telecommuting is on its way.  If they shut down the state run daycare we will be boned regardless.  Good times!

that is not true. the world runs because of wall street. the president has spoken to many of the bigger banks. domestic traveled has been halted and people are being moved around, but the entire state is not sending people home or whatever you are trying to say?

19 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

This is where trying to get together and win the fight with your neighbors and community could start to help.

People should be using social media to offer what they have:

extra n95s for collection and redistribution to pros and then back to the public

anyone who can home school do it right now so the schools can stay open fir those who need them fir daycare and meals

thats 2 ideas anyone else got one 

Habla Espanol?   Can't really understand what you are trying to say.  Maybe I'd understand you better if you explained yourself in Spanish.  :)

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

that is not true. the world runs because of wall street. the president has spoken to many of the bigger banks. domestic traveled has been halted and people are being moved around, but the entire state is not sending people home or whatever you are trying to say?

I should have been a bit more explanatory :. Theyll be making telecommuting mandatory for ITS soon.  But if they shut down the daycare at state buildings along with the actual state workforce, those of us with kids will not be able to work anyway.  I know alot of people abuse telecommuting, but you aren't supposed to be watching your kids while TC'ing.  TC != Child care.  

• Like 1

My turn to chime in on Co-vid19. I do take Co-vid19 seriously but no more than the flu. There are only two differences between Co-vid19 and the flu. One it seems to be its more contagious and there at this time no vaccine for it. The flu in the US alone in 2018-19 killed 61200 people(CDC) and 42.9 million were infected with the flu. Think of how many would of die from the flu in the US if there was no vaccine for it. Co-vid19 so far there is about 100000 cases and around 4000 deaths world wide. This is not the plague.

Here is something to ponder with over 80% of the cases of co-vid19 being mild and with symptoms similar to the flu or a cold. How many of us who were sick this winter and did not go to the doctor or were not checked for co-vid19 have not already had it.

Interestingly, my firm is canceling large client events now and banning all non-essential travel even among attorneys in our various offices.  They are also discouraging attendance at large gatherings unless absolutely essential.  Overkill?  Maybe, but I guess it is what it is.

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

Interestingly, my firm is canceling large client events now and banning all non-essential travel even among attorneys in our various offices.  They are also discouraging attendance at large gatherings unless absolutely essential.  Overkill?  Maybe, but I guess it is what it is.

Our annual Partner retreat in april may be canceled. Other firms have done it already. we are on the brink of a mandatory 14-day work from home requirement.

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Our annual Partner retreat in april may be canceled. Other firms have done it already. we are on the brink of a mandatory 14-day work from home requirement.

Yep - we just cancelled our annual client event for march madness that has hundreds of attendees every year.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Our company has done the same. No visitors on the property, no non-essential travel, no face to face meetings with vendors, etc. Our annual leadership meeting/event has been postponed indefinitely, you have to notify your manager if you do any travel on your own time, etc etc.

My #1 priority right now is to shore up and expand our capability for people to remote in and work from home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Our company has done the same. No visitors on the property, no non-essential travel, no face to face meetings with vendors, etc. Our annual leadership meeting/event has been postponed indefinitely, you have to notify your manager if you do any travel on your own time, etc etc.

My #1 priority right now is to shore up and expand our capability for people to remote in and work from home.

Are you in IT? it must be mayhem. We got email to put our requests in for monitors/phones/etc to have shipped to our homes. they (and you) gotta be swamped right now

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

LOL - just got that email from IT - please answer this survey on your ability to sign in and work from home so they can train the dim wits like me that don't ever do that.

• Like 1

Just now, moog5050 said:

LOL - just got that email from IT - please answer this survey on your ability to sign in and work from home so they can train the dim wits like me that don't ever do that.

you don't work from the ground blind? Turn the TV off!

We have people load testing the remote access systems. Work from home for one person per team started this week with the promise of "Seeing how it goes and re-evaluating in a few months".  My turn next week. Happily coincides with snow goose season. I'm heading for hunting camp... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

We have people load testing the remote access systems. Work from home for one person per team started this week with the promise of "Seeing how it goes and re-evaluating in a few months".  My turn next week. Happily coincides with snow goose season. I'm heading for hunting camp... 

We have an issue at work though. While I have always had remote access, there are tons of employees who don't. How does a secretary for example work from home? So now you are paying people to stay home, but they aren't able to provide the support the Firm needs.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

We have an issue at work though. While I have always had remote access, there are tons of employees who don't. How does a secretary for example work from home? So now you are paying people to stay home, but they aren't able to provide the support the Firm needs.

Ya I never had a job where working from home was possible ,can’t build gas stations , load freight , or fire fires from home .

Plus since my wife is home , forcing me to work there would be a hostile work environment.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

A few months? Im pushing my team and vendors to have our capability increased by almost 5 times within the next 3 weeks.