Corona Virus Thread

17 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Hope the National Guard is NOT Armed while helping out in Westchester County,NY! No need for them to be armed in this situation. No one wants a repeat of Hurricane Katrina in LA. Law abiding citizens had to give up their Guns when the National Guard went door to door.   Humanitarian Help only in Westchester with the National Guard should be their prime focus and doing it without a Rifle.

I get what you're saying, but not even armed with a sidearm for self defense? I mean, I know New Rochelle isn't exactly a war zone, but..

Sorry, I have a daughter in federal law enforcement, and a son in law who is a Sheriff. I don't want either of them unarmed on the job for any reason. These days law enforcement is a target.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ya I never had a job where working from home was possible ,can’t build gas stations , load freight , or fire fires from home .

Plus since my wife is home , forcing me to work there would be a hostile work environment.

I, and my team could easily, and actually more efficiently, run the whole company's IT structure from home. I would have far less people disturbing me while Im in the middle of something by walking into my office.

5 hours ago, OtiscoPaul said:

What a dope...everyone has older people in their lives and most people have retirement money in the market nobody wants this thing at all let alone to last to archery season (hunting site just remembered)

No, your a dope.  I've already heard news media saying this is going to last until October or longer.

If you don't want to believe the left isn't spreading panic about this, shame on you.  

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But I think your chart is way off. I think millions have it in the US with no symtpoms, so that would make all those %'s go way down!

Exactly!!!!!   The fact is.... we don't know... and probably never will... the TRUE amount of people who had hardly any symptoms... It's obviuosly much higher... therefore the Death rate is much lower.

5 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

The phone call explained more. Suppose to be for cleaning the school 

Yea, lots of school in westchester did this already. Scarsdale, Somers, Harvey, Lakeland, Peekskill, etc.

EDIT- and most colleges in the area have gone to online only for rest of spring semester

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

NYS 4-H has been canceling a lot of statewide events for youth and educators today. It's making scheduling pretty difficult. I had a Lock-In with my 4-H Teen group lined up for Saturday, but have postponed it due to several families having family members who are at a higher risk. Not necessarily where I thought we'd be when it was announced that there were 15 cases headed for 0 3 weeks ago, but it's where we're at. Hopefully we can get ahead of this at some point. 

5 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Cuomo is shutting down all SUNY colleges as of March 18th. Wonder if the parents/students  are gonna get tuition, room and board credits. 

still open, just online so i would think tuition is tuition? but maybe some soft of reimbursement or meal plans and/or dorming costs?

recordonline.com

Ulster County reports 2nd coronavirus case; Wallkill schools closing through weekend

By Poughkeepsie Journal
Posted at 2:10 PMUpdated at 2:20 PM

The Wallkill Central School District is closing its buildings through the weekend as a result of Ulster County’s second confirmed case of coronavirus.

And, the county is asking all nursing homes and assisted living facilities to “cease visitation for at least the month of March.”

The county announced the diagnosis of COVID-19, the novel strain of coronavirus, Wednesday, three days after confirming its first case, a Town of Rochester man.

Dutchess County remained without a confirmed case as of Wednesday, according to the county health department, which said 15 individuals are in self-isolation and are being monitored. Neither Orange or Sullivan counties have announced any confirmed cases.

In a letter to Wallkill parents, Superintendent Kevin Castle said the Ulster individual was “in close contact” with a district student and an employee of a district contractor. The closures on Thursday and Friday is “a precautionary measure” as the district disinfects its buildings and gives time “for local health officials to further investigate the case.”

1/1

Extracurricular activities were canceled beginning Wednesday through Sunday.

In a statement, Ulster County Executive Pat Ryan did not specify where the second case is located, but said there was potential contact between the person and Wallkill district employees. The county said closing the district would “allow for cleaning and disinfecting of the facilities.”

Ryan said the county will “continue to closely monitor developments on the ground and make all decisions based on new data as the situation develops. I am fully confident in our collective response as a county and community, and appreciate the continued resilience and patience of our residents.”

PHOTOS: Westchester epicenter of New York coronavirus outbreak

Previous

29/29

1/29

2/29

3/29

4/29

5/29

6/29

7/29

8/29

9/29

10/29

11/29

12/29

13/29

14/29

15/29

16/29

17/29

18/29

19/29

20/29

21/29

22/29

23/29

24/29

25/29

26/29

27/29

28/29

29/29

1/29

2/29

3/29

4/29

5/29

6/29

7/29

8/29

9/29

10/29

11/29

12/29

13/29

14/29

15/29

16/29

17/29

18/29

19/29

20/29

21/29

22/29

23/29

24/29

25/29

26/29

27/29

28/29

29/29
Next

The county is holding a press event to discuss the case 3:30 p.m. today.

“For weeks Ulster County has been preparing and refining our response to COVID-19 while updating the public and community leaders daily as the situation unfolds,” Ulster Commissioner of Health and Mental Health Dr. Carol Smith said in a statement. “Residents should continue to exercise caution, but I must stress that this is not a cause for panic.”

More Headlines
1.gif?r=fp6h&k=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_sm.png

Ad Choices

SPONSORED CONTENT

LGBTQ-Friendly and So Much to Do: Explore South Africa

By South African Tourism

From luxury safaris and one-of-a kind cultural attractions to culinary, art, and nature explorations, South Africa...

Previous

Coronavirus has been declared a pandemic: What does that mean and what took so long?

WHO declares virus crisis a pandemic, urges world to fight

FULL COVERAGE: Coronavirus in the Hudson Valley

Empty gyms await state basketball tournament teams due to coronavirus

PHOTOS: Orange-Ulster BOCES Spelling Bee 2020

SUNY to switch to online classes next week due to coronavirus

Ulster County reports 2nd coronavirus case; Wallkill schools closing through weekend

Suit filed over Sandy Hook-inspired law limiting gun rounds

Your most pressing questions about coronavirus answered

Coronavirus map: see where COVID-19 is in the U.S.

States race to stop virus, as official warns of worse ahead

Coronavirus has been declared a pandemic: What does that mean and what took so long?

WHO declares virus crisis a pandemic, urges world to fight

FULL COVERAGE: Coronavirus in the Hudson Valley

Empty gyms await state basketball tournament teams due to coronavirus

PHOTOS: Orange-Ulster BOCES Spelling Bee 2020

SUNY to switch to online classes next week due to coronavirus

Suit filed over Sandy Hook-inspired law limiting gun rounds

Your most pressing questions about coronavirus answered

Coronavirus map: see where COVID-19 is in the U.S.

States race to stop virus, as official warns of worse ahead

Coronavirus has been declared a pandemic: What does 

•  
  •  
  •  

4 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I should have been a bit more explanatory :. Theyll be making telecommuting mandatory for ITS soon.  But if they shut down the daycare at state buildings along with the actual state workforce, those of us with kids will not be able to work anyway.  I know alot of people abuse telecommuting, but you aren't supposed to be watching your kids while TC'ing.  TC != Child care.  

So they sent out that email, preparing everybody to TC.  Now they're telling us that it is "extremely unlikely" that state offices will close. But they won't put it in writing.  

Thank God King Andy is wearing a bomber jacket at his press conferences telling us all is well.

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I was planning on retiring in 11 years.  he better send us all Jerky to get by on! 

I was a lot closer than that. Wifey picked up a dozen baby chicks to boost her flock this year. Maybe we should get 100 more - I can sell eggs out at the end of my driveway. Maple syrup, eggs, and firewood - woohoo, rags to riches baby!!

I'll even have enough left in my 401k to cash out and buy this super snazzy retirement boat.:rofl:

sim33.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I was a lot closer than that. Wifey picked up a dozen baby chicks to boost her flock this year. Maybe we should get 100 more - I can sell eggs out at the end of my driveway. Maple syrup, eggs, and firewood - woohoo, rags to riches baby!!

I'll even have enough left in my 401k to cash out and buy this super snazzy retirement boat.:rofl:

sim33.jpg

Blame @The Jerkman !!!!!  He wouldn't let more people invest in SDOW!

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1