Corona Virus Thread

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My daughter has a dance competition at the Toronto convention center Saturday and aside from concerns about getting the virus I'm worried about getting stuck in Canada. Is it foolish to cross the border?

depends on when the last time the Raptors played the Jazz?

This is a crazy evolving topic - normally, I'd say you have no worries, but with the wave of overreactions, particularly since it's a day late and a dollar short to do anything about it, I'm not sure I'd leave the country. Chances are, your daughter's event will be cancelled anyway, if it's like everything else.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My daughter has a dance competition at the Toronto convention center Saturday and aside from concerns about getting the virus I'm worried about getting stuck in Canada. Is it foolish to cross the border?

Trump has hotels in Canada, so I doubt the US will be closing that border :)

I'm kind of joking, but part of me wonders if the reason UK and Ireland weren't on the travel ban is because of his golf courses in Scotland and Ireland....

Edited by Splitear_Leland

So today at work panic has set in . Tp is flying ggv off the shelves.  I was telling people socks and leaves work well and if you live by a lake it works too. We are out of lots of stuff.  Cough syrup  , fever meds , headache pills,hand sanitizer,  hydro,  bleach , wipes , hand soaps . It is crazy . Heard a guy sending his son to the pool company  to get pool bleach.  Crazy  crazy people . 

33 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I still cant believe they haven't cancelled that 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

i doubt they will close the border without announcing a time line.   I would stay tuned - most likely they will be making the decision for you.  

58 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

So today at work panic has set in . Tp is flying ggv off the shelves.  I was telling people socks and leaves work well and if you live by a lake it works too. We are out of lots of stuff.  Cough syrup  , fever meds , headache pills,hand sanitizer,  hydro,  bleach , wipes , hand soaps . It is crazy . Heard a guy sending his son to the pool company  to get pool bleach.  Crazy  crazy people . 

Hope it's not a public reservoir.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, steve863 said:

Over the years I've heard some guys on this forum say that they used their socks out in the field when they forgot the toilet paper, so maybe folks can start saving their old socks as a backup.  They are of course also washable and can be re-used.  :)

That's why I always wear a pocket t-shirt. Have a couple missing pockets...

• Haha 1

One thing is certain. Warranted or not, the fear factor, and cancellations, have really kicked in to overdrive today. Be that as it may, I don't think we have seen the worst yet. Not even close.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, left field said:

No that any words would have stopped the bleeding but that was such a terrible address to the nation. 

I did watch it (I don't know why). I thought Trump did his best to come off as calm, and I'm glad he didn't mention "the Democrats" for once. However, he was very unclear, I kind of gasped when he announced the suspension of trade and cargo, which was obviously wrong. In addition, he kind of seemed sick to me. I'm sure it's because he's under a lot of stress, but it didn't seem tired, but actually sick. I'm no doctor, but just one guy's observation. 

I generally set the bar pretty low when it comes to any of Trump's speeches, but that one may have been one of the most important that he will give during his Presidency. I think he tried, but I just don't think he has it in him to promote calm and unity, it's never been his thing. Fiery, incendiary, even passionate at times, but I think last night proved that he will never be a President capable of promoting calm, right or wrong, he is much better with chaos. 

Now, I know that this virus is not his fault. I do think that the spread could have been prevented if we didn't gut the CDC and health programs. I also think that they did not take it seriously for the 2 month heads-up that we had, but we are past all of that, there's no going back and fixing it. I really didn't come away from that address last night feeling like this administration has a handle on things. They might, but I haven't seen it come out so far.

Edited by Splitear_Leland

3 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Heard on fox today that this will be a 2-3 month topic not 2-3 week.  

That seems wishful thinking. As the best guess vaccine timeline estimates say 12-18 months, we will be "talking" about this for 2-3 years.

Honestly, I've heard better high-school valedictorian speeches. 

I can't take the over reaction, I think the media is crying wolf again. I dont buy much crap they are selling. I think the pneumonia I got last falls way worse than this thing. All this chaos reminds me of the weather man telling me a winter storms coming and were going to get 3 inches of snow, f off and tell me when we get a foot of more otherwise don't waist my time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Our biggest issue is now is the forum going down. We got no sports, no stock market, this is all we got. I'm gonna poach a velvet buck in July, BOOK IT!

You are gonna be sorry you passed all those fat does if it last until July

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Just now, Zag said:

I can't take the over reaction, I think the media is crying wolf again. I dont buy much crap they are selling. I think the pneumonia I got last falls way worse than this thing. All this chaos reminds me of the weather man telling me a winter storms coming and were going to get 3 inches of snow, f off and tell me when we get a foot of more otherwise don't waist my time. 

I think you should be more concerned about your spelling that the coronavirus right now :) I'm joking.

It's a free country, you can do what you wish, but I hope I can stay away from you for the next few months...