Corona Virus Thread

This whole tho g is starting to get crazy. I was supposed to leave next week for a Caribbean cruise that got canceled. Stores around here aren’t emptied out like some of these pictures but I’m sure they will be.

My question is how are some people so I’ll prepared for an emergency? I’m far from a preper but I have some things setup so I can thrive in all but the worst conditions.

I have backup power source, backup refrigeration, backup power. plenty of venison and fish as well as canned veggies. 100 gallons of gas and 50 gallons of diesel fuel stored, more than enough ammo and some cash readily available.

None of this was setup today or yesterday, it’s stuff I have ready all the time. I just don’t understand how others can be so ignorant and oblivious to the fact that shit can happen and you can be in big trouble in a hurry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

This whole tho g is starting to get crazy. I was supposed to leave next week for a Caribbean cruise that got canceled. Stores around here aren’t emptied out like some of these pictures but I’m sure they will be.

My question is how are some people so I’ll prepared for an emergency? I’m far from a preper but I have some things setup so I can thrive in all but the worst conditions.

I have backup power source, backup refrigeration, backup power. plenty of venison and fish as well as canned veggies. 100 gallons of gas and 50 gallons of diesel fuel stored, more than enough ammo and some cash readily available.

None of this was setup today or yesterday, it’s stuff I have ready all the time. I just don’t understand how others can be so ignorant and oblivious to the fact that shit can happen and you can be in big trouble in a hurry!

You paid too much fir that fuel if you got it before Monday

In NYC, subways were definitely less full, but more libtards are wearing masks & gloves. Supermarkets & Pharmacies are insane. Too much panic. My office is still open & I expect my employees to still work. I have 3 hunting trips to pay for.

I was just at cabelas you should have seen the amounts of ammo people were buying. The ammo is flying off of the shelves.

That’s a bummer. I was thinking about shooting on sunday but I’d have to pick up ammo first.

Wussies...don’t they know the Biz breathe in virus and fart out vaccine...and testosterone 

If like only a few hundred people die and it’s Easter a month from Now. then what? Everyone goes back to
Normal routine and who says their sorry?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

That’s a bummer. I was thinking about shooting on sunday but I’d have to pick up ammo first.

A couple of my buddies where at cabelas just before closing gimme and said they were restocking the ammo shelves.

1. Sorry I've been swamped at work and haven't checked in for some time so I apologize for the long post.  It's several days of response all at once.  If you have read my mention before, my wife works at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.  While she is in stroke research and community outreach research, Columbia is knee deep in the middle of the virus outbreak.  Patient two (the Jewish lawyer from New Rochelle) was being treated there.  He has since been release and allowed to go home.

2. MET is closing too.  I think more companies and venues will continue to close.  We're not at the peak.  Many people will be out of work.  The virus isn't bad.  This reaction though...it's freakin' BAD!  It's freakin' crazy what's going on.

3. My company is hit hard.  Massive layoffs.  Speculation is that I'll eventually be on it too. Other think I might be forced on a involuntary unpaid leave for a couple of months.  Will see.  I might actually enjoy the time off if that is the case.  Considering how crazy it's going to be for those who are still working there.  It's going to be a skeleton crew supporting the company.  More people who be bankrupted from the mass hysteria than people actually hospitalized from the actual virus.

4A. The mortality percentages are off.  First of all, let's put an asterisk for the person who bought it into a nursing home in Washington that killed 19 in one shot.

4B. The mortality percentages are way off because the number of known cases is only a very small fraction of the amount of people who actually have it.  My wife's  boss is a renowned research doctor.  His son got sick.  He called around but no one is available to test his son.  This isn't him calling some hotline.  This is him going directly up to colleagues asking them to test his son.  The health care system is so under prepared for this, they simple do not have the capability to test the number of people coming in.  They are turning a lot of them away.  Currently they are only testing individuals who have had known direct contact with a known infected person or someone who recently came back from a hot spot.  So think of how many people might have had the virus but were never tested.  The 1400 number are only the ones they were able to get to and test and came back positive.

Ultimately he asked his buddy to spare him one kit and he took it home and did the test himself.  He bought it back to the lab and the sample waited in queue.  It took two days for the lab to finally get the sample and have it examined.  Results were....

5. ….Positive....but....So apparently there are 5 different known strains of COVID-19.  The one his son has is not fatal.  From when he took the kit home till he got the results back, this doctor also got sick.  The hospital told him to go back to work.  His son's strain of the COVID-19 isn't fatal and they're swamped.

6. One good thing is so far is that they have not found a single case of a person being re-infected by the virus.  There is a possibility that once infected, your body develops an immunity to it.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Just saw video of that exact line on channel 2   

A good lesson for folks that don’t keep at least a couple weeks of food and household supplies at home .  Samantha is often out of town all week this time of year, so fresh food is often limited at her apt when she returns , she went to Wegmans in Buff last night for her normal shopping , she learned .

Our friends son is an avenge Joe, white collar suburban  guy , family of four , and has 3 food grade barrels of water and 3 or 6 months ,I forget , of food on three long shelves in his basement . Mostly Mountain House #10 cans , with a 30 year shelf life . May seem like overkill to many but he’s not in line at Wegmans , checking out with whatever he could scrounge up .

Our shelves, we try to buy stuff on sale in mass and replace as it gets used, although since the kids moved out we haven’t kept up as much as we should .

I wanted to buy some Mountain House myself , but the shelves I had in mind are still full of our oldest ones  stuff , so I put it off .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If like only a few hundred people die and it’s Easter a month from Now. then what? Everyone goes back to
Normal routine and who says their sorry?

Bingo instead of we are sorry we say “we did it!”

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

OK, got a positive result for COVID-19 in our middle school. All of our seven schools are closed until further notice. We at the district office, along with the maintenance and custodial staff are here. I was given a heads up, from an administrator yesterday, that this was probably coming today. Info was sent out at 5am this morning, telling students and non essential staff to not report, "until further notice". Also, there is to be no travel of any staff between buildings. So our district office is closed off to the outside, except for actual DO staff.

Sooooo, here we are.

Edited by grampy
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

That’s a fact!

Are you constantly refilling tanks at your place?  I know fuel doesn’t store forever.   I am not a prepper but doubt most could store that much fuel.  

OK, got a positive result for COVID-19 in our middle school. All of our seven schools are closed until further notice. We at the district office, along with the maintenance and custodial staff are here. I was given a heads up, from an administrator yesterday, that this was probably coming today. Info was sent out at 5am this morning, telling students and non essential staff to not report, "until further notice". Also, there is to be no travel of any staff between buildings. So our district office is closed off to the outside, except for actual DO staff.
Sooooo, here we are.

What district Grampy?

Waiting for the statewide shutdown to made by early next week.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk