Corona Virus Thread

10 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Because he's hard at work trying to set up the proper channels to mend this ,the previous administration did nothing to improve the system after the debacle of 2009.  

Trump has plenty messes of his own making to be cleaning up. I just hope he can manage it. Not being a Trump supporter, I know I'm biased, but I really have my doubts...

I just really hope he isn't sick. He doesn't look good.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/03/here-are-17-ways-the-trump-administration-bungled-its-coronavirus-response/

Edited by Splitear_Leland

16 minutes ago, left field said:

Try and show a little sympathy for the guy and get called out. 

Which specific debacle? 

Is this were we  argue and i call you media brainwashed snowflake and then you call me a trumptard and we refuse to meet on a common ground ?

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Is there we  argue and i call you media brainwashed snowflake and then you call me a trumptard and we refuse to meet on a common ground ?

I don’t think I’ve ever used the word “trumptard” or called anyone anything other than their user name. 

Trump is overwhelmed and out of his league. He’s not helping. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, left field said:

I don’t think I’ve ever used the word “trumptard” or called anyone anything other than their user name. 

He's not a super hero and there is not a candidate available that would/could do anything different . From the start of this outbreak he was doomed ,the other side likes to wait and see what he does then attack him for not taking the other course . 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

He's not a super hero and there is not a candidate available that would/could do anything different . From the start of this outbreak he was doomed ,the other side likes to wait and see what he does then attack him for not taking the other course . 

Welcome to being charge, the buck stops on your desk. Republicans spent 8 years raking Obama over the coals, and continue to today. Obama did it with grace, we'll see how Trump chooses to compose himself.

Trump wanted this job, it's his to own, the good and the bad.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Welcome to being charge, the buck stops on your desk. Republicans spent 8 years taking Obama over the coals, and continue to today. Obama did it with Grace, we'll see how Trump chooses to compose himself.

Trump wanted this job, it's his to own, the good and the bad.

The difference is when the media joins in and you have a giant population of people who are either are too lazy or just don't care enough to question what their favorite news outlet spoon feeds them . Obama had the media on his side ,no matter what he did they made him look "graceful" as you say. Most of us knew he was full of shit and the media was protecting him. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

The difference is when the media joins in and you have a giant population of people who are either are too lazy or just don't care enough to question what their favorite news outlet spoon feeds them . Obama had the media on his side ,no matter what he did they made him look "graceful" as you say. Most of us knew he was full of shit and the media was protecting him. 

I stand by my previous comment. However, I won't fault you for supporting your guy. I spent 8 years standing up for mine. However, don't play like all of the sudden it's not fair. Fox News is as unreliable as anyone, and they didn't have a minutes love for Obama. It happens every single time, your guy or my guy, the other side just won't give him a chance.

9 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

I stand by my previous comment. However, I won't fault you for supporting your guy. I spent 8 years standing up for mine. However, don't play like all of the sudden it's not fair. Fox News is as unreliable as anyone, and they didn't have a minutes love for Obama. It happens every single time, your guy or my guy, the other side just won't give him a chance.

I'll agree with that ,the worst thing that could happen to the political system is for guys like you and i to align to one side or the other . Could you imagine an entire country all on the page . Nobody would be crazy enough to try and govern that. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

I'll agree with that ,the worst thing that could happen to the political system is for guys like you and i to align to one side or the other . Could you imagine an entire country all on the page . Nobody would be crazy enough to try and govern that. 

Nothing wrong with differences of opinion, it makes being right feel so much better :)

That was a joke by the way, I know how often I'm wrong, my wife has told me :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Some WNY schools are starting to announce closures for next week. It’s only a matter of time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we go.  All of Oneida and Herkimer just closed schools for a monthhttps://www.google.com/amp/www.wktv.com/templates/AMP%3fcontentID=568781681

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Just now, blackbeltbill said:

Don't agree with you. This pandemic should not be a Political event.  If you stand for Obama + the Democrats- so be it...

Totally agree, but we all know it will become one. The Democrats will rip Trump up (already are) and Trump will blame the Democrats (already has). We've already seen the polotics of the H1N1 show up in this thread, and that was over 10 years ago. It's a symptom of our current culture, and I'm as guilty as anyone. 

33 minutes ago, left field said:

I hate to think what would happen if Biden was in charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love math. I’ve always been a big math guy. Numbers don’t lie, and that’s not open for interpretation so that’s why I love it. Fact is under 50 people died so far in US. Things could be worse!

Absolutely. 
Now if I can just avoid "getting" the virus, I'll make the most of the time off!
What's the current line, on who the first member from here is to catch it? Quite a few are in hot spots.
Though I sincerely hope no one does!

Me, crappy, biz, or the jerk

• Like 1

I was told when I left school today, that we will contact you through school messenger. (Online) I got a laptop to work on. At this time they have no timetable on how long it will be closed. As the state, and health departments, are calling the shots now, when a positive case develops within a district. Won't surprise me to see widespread school closings. As we are just at the beginning of this mess. As for how long they will be closed? That's anyone's guess at this point.

Love him or despise him, Bush rose to the moment in history and unified the country. Mistakes were made on his and everyone’s else’s part but they were owned up to and corrected where possible. 

Trump just had a press conference where he refused to take any personal responsibility for anything and blamed everyone else. He’s melting before our eyes (literally the definition of a snowflake) and the country is finally seeing him for the performing monkey that he is. 

Fortunately, we have Kushner asking his brother’s father-in-law to solicit advice from a Facebook group of doctors. I, for one, feel much better.