Corona Virus Thread

If the $#!+ really hits the fan lead wrapped in brass will probably bring the best rate of return and will be more valuable than currency.  Throwing your money into the stock in market most likely won't help you much as we already starting to see.

Oh I know I was going to buy another 1000 rounds or so. I already have 10k plus between all calibers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I just be serious for a moment which is not my MO. ... throw a little good juju the crappy way.
We are currently waiting to hear from CDC as to whether or Not I need to bring my daughter in for testing. She has had a cough, and a barely fever for a few days. We have been in touch with our pediatrician. Thought we were all good but then received a call today for DOH. She is on a “list” for testing.
I’m not overly concerned for HER overall health as she is strong and healthy and young. However I have been with her 70+ grandma(my Mother) and many others. If she is +. How many have I spread it to?
That’s how it is real for ALL.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Can I just be serious for a moment which is not my MO. ... throw a little good juju the crappy way.
We are currently waiting to hear from CDC as to whether or Not I need to bring my daughter in for testing. She has had a cough, and a barely fever for a few days. We have been in touch with our pediatrician. Thought we were all good but then received a call today for DOH. She is on a “list” for testing.
I’m not overly concerned for HER overall health as she is strong and healthy and young. However I have been with her 70+ grandma(my Mother) and many others. If she is +. How many have I spread it to?

I don’t pray but I will for you brother

• Like 1

Maybe CV will be 10 times worse than the swine flu was, but at this point it just seems like a lot of over reaction.   Does anyone remember the 2009 Swine flu that infected 60 Million Americans, hospitalized 300,000 and sadly caused 17,000 to perish in the US?

I don't remember anything closing then.  Odd times we live in.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, mowin said:

Lol... And the Washington Post is a reputable rag...

So you don’t believe it? You think that the worst speech ever given by a sitting president at a time of national crisis was not written by his two idiot policy monkeys but was, in fact, written by the president himself. Errors and all?

Okay, I’ll go with that. 

8 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Prayers sent

• Like 1

I kind of feel the same way, I had what I thought was a bad sinus infection for a few weeks and am now constantly clearing my throat

No symptoms for me, but law of averages. I think hundreds of thousands have it

6 minutes ago, left field said:

So you don’t believe it? You think that the worst speech ever given by a sitting president at a time of national crisis was not written by his two idiot policy monkeys but was, in fact, written by the president himself. Errors and all?

Okay, I’ll go with that. 

I've never been a Trump fan, but exactly what the hell do some of you want him to do here?  FedEx everyone in the nation a test kit by tomorrow morning?   I actually like the fact that he isn't fanning the flames of hysteria like the media and some of you here are doing.   

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Wishing your family a speedy recovery Crappy 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Belo said:

the respiratory part of this virus is misunderstood. Should someone cough or sneeze on you, yes. But otherwise once those droplets land, there is no method to "breath it in". Most people are better suited to wear gloves then respirators. 

However, if the respirator does prevent you from sticking your dirty hands in your mouth, then yes i guess it helps. 

Basics here are, don't touch a surface that is contaminated and then touch your eye, nose or mouth and you'll be ok. Yes I know that's easier said then done. 

Ya the other day while doing cpr on an OD two,of my former guys got vomit sprayed in their mouths fortunately the guys blood came back clean, although they were started on the “ magic cocktail “ of drugs right away and taken off duty  , sometimes you get spit on ,blood is flying , you get sneezed on ,  puked on , you name the body fluid and it’s going to get on you . Masks , safety glasses , gloves are all needed bsi on all ems calls . Not just this thing, TB, hep b ,aids the everyday things they deal with . 

these guys are face to face with sick folks ,there’s no social distancing, you’re at bad breath distance .

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, left field said:

Okay, I’ll go with that. 

Are you even an American? 
Shouldn’t you be more concerned about how Trudeau is doing ? 

• Like 4

Good luck @crappyice I’m sure she’ll be fine. Why has she been marked for testing? I know people in the city with fevers, coughs and respiratory issues that can’t get tested.   

My 84 year-old-mother is alone in her TO apt and sick after throwing a dinner party for a bunch of other old ladies last week. Her doctor told her to stay put and wait it out. 

There’s nothing I can do but wish her well. 

Good thoughts headed your way!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good luck man!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I hope everything and everyone turn out Ok .... You do have some important concerns going on !  Take Care

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Hoping for the best crappy! Take good care of yourselves.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Best of luck. Hope it is good news.

It got pretty real here today when every school closed for a month, dunno what's gonna happen at work with people with disabilities that need 24 hour care and my 80 year old mom is basically not leaving the house for a month now. 

Still not a comparison to having a child to worry about but I def agree with you. 

Things got crazy quick. Think most every thing will be ok but life is def changing for a while. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Thoughts and prayers sent my friend.

• Like 1

The wife and I were going to drive to Ft Meyers , Florida March 17 to spend a week and then drive to Orlando to spend a week at a Time Share . I finally got the wife to agree to postpone the trip . We will lose out on our Time Share week but I believe it the best thing to do . I am 78 and my wife is 77 . No sense in taking chances at our age . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Wishing you and your family the best...thoughts and prayers sent

• Like 1