Corona Virus Thread

4 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

After seeing some of the news reports of fights over toilet paper and other groceries this past weekend, and after seeing the absolute empty roads on my morning commute, I am convinced that we are 5-10 days from total societal breakdown at any time.

Come on guys

I thought we were such a great nation (lots of red hat waving around here usually)...

I do believe we are great if not exceptional but damn first bump in the road in 50 years of relative peace and bounty and you wilt like pansies 

Edited by OtiscoPaul

7 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

You guys (Steve) went from not buying the “media hype” to “get your guns zombie apocalypse is here.”

This is an opportunity for people to put away petty differences. Neighbors are helping neighbors where I live and the local corner store isnt out of anything.

Life will go on just because schools are closed 

Lots of people started preparing for this atleast 2 weeks ago and people are still moving somewhat freely everywhere get a hold of yourselves 

The media most definitely helped create this hype.  I still don't buy it, but with people getting paranoid shit will happen.  You can go on believing that people will be passing daisies to each other and everyone will help each other if there is no food to buy.  Some might, but plenty of others who won't.  Good luck to you.

25 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Come on guys

I thought we were such a great nation (lots of red hat waving around here usually)...

I do believe we are great if not exceptional but damn first bump in the road in 50 years of relative peace and bounty and you wilt like pansies 

Seriously Otisco, I think you need to reduce the water pressure of that butt washer you have on your toilet.  I think it's pushing the crap up too close to your brain.

Edited by steve863
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

Cuomo says there should be no gatherings of 50 or more people in the same place.

Wonder if he's considering emptying out the prisons and jails now?

Cuomo is emerging as the National Leader on Wuhan.

He ain’t emptying prisons they are making you (And themselves) free hand sanitizer 

Waving the 180 days freed schools to make their own choices...should have done it 2 weeks earlier but atleast he did it

Shutting down New Rochelle when they were patting their own backs fir staying open 

Just now, steve863 said:

Seriously Otisco, I think you need to reduce the water pressure of that butt washer you have on your toilet.  I think it's pushing the crap up to close to your brain.

Read this thread over and tell me who’s Nostradamus and who’s a dope

6 minutes ago, steve863 said:

The media most definitely helped create this hype.  I still don't buy it, but with people getting paranoid shit will happen.  You can go on believing that people will be passing daisies to each other and everyone will help each other if there is no food to buy.  Some might, but plenty of others who won't.  Good luck to you.

There is plenty of food you dope it just takes a whilw to get it stocked when insert insult here like you didn’t prepare three weeks ago and are now bum rushing every major grocery store

fake news

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Still only 3 deaths in NY. If you eliminate that debacle in Washington nursing home, the overall country tally would be in the 20-30 range i think. This should all be gone by Easter if people follow the rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Been saying for a couple years now. Why do they even have school anymore?  There might be a push after this for off-site learning. A lot of things I think will change in how operations are done in many sectors. But been saying why not just have online classes like colleges do?  With all the shootings and security issues and now this kinda thing. Plus all homework etc is on a laptop anyway.  And you can Google anything. Yes I know teachers arent gonna like it. But one teacher can teach hundreds of students across several districts so much cheaper. I think we were headed that way in 10 years but this might speed it up whether we like it or not. Hell you can even click on a spot to raise your hand for a question during an online training. Always thought this was inevitable but can see it sped up in planning. 

Imagine worship services will be going to on-line or tv viewing, in a bigger way than at present. 

1 minute ago, steve863 said:

Anyone who thinks Cuomo is a "national leader" of anything is well beyond a dope.  There isn't anything more I can tell you!

Again keep going back to your tired mantra rather than adapt to the facts...no other Gov has done as much proactive work to slow the spread...still not a confirmed case in Onondaga 

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Still only 3 deaths in NY. If you eliminate that debacle in Washington nursing home, the overall country tally would be in the 20-30 range i think. This should all be gone by Easter if people follow the rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t you heard biz schools closed and worldstar has some tp fight vids...the end is near

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Male relative ,early 40s, said he shot a gun one time , that was with , me so long ago I don’t recall . He just bought an AR ,I gave  him a run down on the four rules and it’s nomenclature, we’ll get out for practice soon .

I might have suggested a Ruger PC carbine or short barrel shotgun , rather then having him mess with top loading , which he didn’t even know how to do .

But he’s very skilled with his hands, should learn this  tool fairly fast .

42 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Come on guys

What the heck are you talking about? I'm a pansy because I saw fighting on tv and noticed empty roads this morning? And don't give me the red hat crap - you're drunk.

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

After seeing some of the news reports of fights over toilet paper and other groceries this past weekend, and after seeing the absolute empty roads on my morning commute, I am convinced that we are 5-10 days from total societal breakdown at any time.

Jerry you’re last statement is beyond alarmist and qualifies as ridiculous 

27 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Geez, dial it back Paul. What's with the name calling?

What’s with the fear mongering...you guys are calling for societal breakdown instead of calling for all hands on deck

Edited by OtiscoPaul

1 hour ago, OtiscoPaul said:

There is plenty of food you dope it just takes a whilw to get it stocked when insert insult here like you didn’t prepare three weeks ago and are now bum rushing every major grocery store

fake news

One issue I believe is , that stores typically have  three days of food on hand  . Most shop once a week or every two weeks and the store can easily restock , and  those folks have one or two weeks of food at most at home . Now they go as often as possible and buy a months worth of some things each time they find it .

This makes it hard for those who can’t get to the store everyday to run in and get what they need when they may have a chance .

It may be a good lesson , for those that don’t keep a supply of consumables at home .

Edited by Nomad

1 hour ago, OtiscoPaul said:

You guys (Steve) went from not buying the “media hype” to “get your guns zombie apocalypse is here.”

This is an opportunity for people to put away petty differences. Neighbors are helping neighbors where I live and the local corner store isnt out of anything.

Life will go on just because schools are closed 

Lots of people started preparing for this atleast 2 weeks ago and people are still moving somewhat freely everywhere get a hold of yourselves 

fair points here. I was an early adapter on social media. Not panicking, but trying to stop the spread of "this is no big deal". I wish I was wrong, but there were a handful of people I had long back and forth facebook "discussions" with. One in particular where it was me vs like 20, including the nurse who started it.

I popped back in on Friday to ask how they were all doing and didn't get any replies. The troll in me got the best of me. 

• Thanks 1