Corona Virus Thread

I'm OK....I still have my " Turn of the Century Apocalypse"   bunker fully stocked....
As a matter of fact, I think THAT is where I stored that sack of grenades and crate of claymores that I have been looking all over for....  I figured the Mermaid had HID them on me, like she hides all my other stuff...
You sure it wasn't the cleaning lady that hid all your stuff?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

After seeing some of the news reports of fights over toilet paper and other groceries this past weekend, and after seeing the absolute empty roads on my morning commute, I am convinced that we are 5-10 days from total societal breakdown at any time.

10 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Just amazing what we are seeing..

I happen to agree with both of you. The world especially the US. has gone nuts and we can only hope logical minds will prevail. This is 10 times worse than the paranoia of Y2K

Edited by Steve D

Which one ?
Idk mine always likes to hide stuff. Or at least I try to blame her for hiding my stuff when I put it somewhere then can't find it again for a while. Usually due to me forgetting where I put it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I left the property for the first time in 2 weeks yesterday. (That's not because of C19, it's just normal.) It's a different world. Gas is cheap and some things are hard to find in the supermarket. I'm guessing for most of you, this is not news. 

Anyway, I  can't keep up with this thread but thought this article The Incompetence Pandemic was interesting enough to share - https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/03/16/coronavirus-pandemic-leadership-131540

On the home front, SIL works in the hospital in New Rochelle. My son's business services the restaurant industry in France - an industry that is now closed. The Mrs. has not canceled her trip to France for the grandkids spring break in April, as yet. I'm probably going to continue as normal, isolated and happy about it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rattler said:

Cuomo says there should be no gatherings of 50 or more people in the same place.

Wonder if he's considering emptying out the prisons and jails now?

2 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Probably not. 

I bet he IS considering this....he is prob thinking this will mean more Dem votes if he makes a run for president. Why do you think he gave illegals drivers licenses? 

Cuomo on air right now.

Up to this point I really haven't had a strong opinion of him either way, but he is acting like a crisis leader should: straight facts - here's a realistic idea of what's coming - here's what you realistically can expect - here's what we (and NJ/CT) are doing - calling out legitimate bullshit - rallying the troops.

I think Trump is waving a letter from Google around saying, "see, they are building a website like I said." 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Jerry based on 2 internet videos and a lonely commute you said that society would break down in 5-10 days

thats what you said

it is fear based and ridiculous 

and “dope” is pretty tame fir the stuff Steve and mowin were spewing

Better being a dope than a psycho like you.  At least there's hope for dopes.

5 minutes ago, left field said:

Cuomo on air right now.

Up to this point I really haven't had a strong opinion of him either way, but he is acting like a crisis leader should: straight facts - here's a realistic idea of what's coming - here's what you realistically can expect - here's what we (and NJ/CT) are doing - calling out legitimate bullshit - rallying the troops.

I think Trump is waving a letter from Google around saying, "see, they are building a website like I said." 

Man, are some of you gullible!  I've never been a Trump fan, but Cuomo is without question the biggest idiot ever to hold any elected office. 

• Like 5

WOW!! Haven't checked this thread since Friday morning, just read 11 pages of wtf to catch up. 

This is not the apocalypse ppl, but some sure are acting like it is. Granted, this is no (longer) a laughing matter. I admit poking fun a bit in the beginning. But srsly, I think the paranoia and the overreacting by most, is probably worse than the virus at this point. You would think the cure was found on TP or something. 

I'm glad I know how to hunt. I have been stocking up on bird seed. The squirrels love it and it keeps them near...just in case. They really do eat dog and cat in Asia....just sayin. Here kitty, kitty, kitty. 

• Like 2

Well, after de Blasio's executive order, as expected, I'm on "voluntary" unpaid vacation until this blows over.  Why couldn't this happen during hunting season?  I guess I'll go on a few hikes here and there.  Are the gun ranges open?

Edited by Elmo

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’m not trying to be an ass but I’m in a pretty stable spot to weather this storm. I don’t foresee the state closing the prisons so other than unruly cons because they aren’t getting visits it will be business as normal. My daughter being out of school will suck for her but my mom is retired and lives next door so that will be a non issue as well.

I’ve been thinking about a new truck for a few months now and if this things goes in for a couple months I’m imagining that dealers will be very hungry, I should be able to get a hell of a deal and wouldn’t be surprised if zero% financing comes back. I know that’s selfish of me to think about but you always have to be able to look at the bright sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Calling a few banks today to refinance my mortgage. Rates look sweet!

interesting discussion like this right now. People refinancing, which isn't the intent of the fed interest rate reduction and those who could buy, are waiting to buy expecting deals.

Nothing wrong or illegal with these ideas and plans, but this is why our economy is going to get crushed...

2 minutes ago, Elmo said:

BTW, I order wipes from Amazon.  According to UPS tracking, they were left at my front door Weds night.  I guess they got stolen.  First time it's happened.  Sign of the times.

The driver bagged them. 

24 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Man, are some of you gullible!  I've never been a Trump fan, but Cuomo is without question the biggest idiot ever to hold any elected office. 

I don't like either but Trump is definitely worse in a crisis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I bet he IS considering this....he is prob thinking this will mean more Dem votes if he makes a run for president. Why do you think he gave illegals drivers licenses? 

that is not from Cuomo, that is from the CDC. You guys need to stop.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OtiscoPaul said:

You guys (Steve) went from not buying the “media hype” to “get your guns zombie apocalypse is here.”

This is an opportunity for people to put away petty differences. Neighbors are helping neighbors where I live and the local corner store isnt out of anything.

Life will go on just because schools are closed 

Lots of people started preparing for this atleast 2 weeks ago and people are still moving somewhat freely everywhere get a hold of yourselves 

No, I still believe it mass hysterica do to the main stream media.  I also don't believe this virus is as bad as they claim.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Well, after de Blasio's executive order, as expected, I'm on "voluntary" unpaid vacation until this blows over.  Why couldn't this happen during hunting season?  I guess I'll go on a few hikes here and there.  Are the gun ranges open?

sorry to hear that man. I was thinking the same thing about turkey being too far away to at least take advantage of the social distancing :(

2 minutes ago, mowin said:

No, I still believe it mass hysterica do to the main stream media.  I also don't believe this virus is as bad as they claim.   

I think there's truth to both. 

The virus isn't as bad as they think, I agree. But it's bad. It's worse than the flu and people will die. 

Because of this, people are reacting and because it's so impactful they're obviously covering it. Which heightens the scariness. For this i don't blame the media.

What I do blame the media for is the graphics and spin. I was watching cnn and it was like a f'n Michael Bay movie trailer with their graphics and deep scary voices. Totally unnecessary. And then Andy's brother and Don Lemon come on like they're announcing an asteroid is about to hit earth and are so blinded by their hatred, all they can report on is about what trump said and how bad he is for this. That doesn't help anyone. The only one I can stand is Anderson because he at least sticks to the facts.

Then I go Fox news and I feel like it's almost worse hearing them just blame the dems for how they're reacting and barely covering the story that matters. 

So in summary, they're to blame in parts, but not fully. 

4 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I don't like either but Trump is definitely worse in a crisis.

It was a shits and giggles while things were good and he readily couldn’t screw things up too badly, but man ... Trump is a disaster under pressure.  

My building is now talking about locking the front door and hiring armed security in the coming weeks. I’m at the apt as I am not feeling well and decided to quarantine from my wife at the cabin. 

4 minutes ago, left field said:

It was a shits and giggles while things were good and he readily couldn’t screw things up too badly, but man ... Trump is a disaster under pressure.  

My building is now talking about locking the front door and hiring armed security in the coming weeks. I’m at the apt as I am not feeling well and decided to quarantine from my wife at the cabin. 

How transparent of you to put the blame on one guy . 

• Like 3