Corona Virus Thread

In 2008 work wasn't closed til further notice.  The president wasn't on every day. Your kidding yourself if you have NO concern. But wish I could think that way. I agree it prob will, but to be without concern with all the people that just went out of work today.... This is different. In my area I would say near a third of the workforce is closed off. 
And by the way I Hate Alex Jones. Lol
Ok good Alex Jones is a bit of a Kook. Pretty sure it has to all be an act otherwise he's completely insane. But my point being is this current issue is more akin to 9/11 than 08. It's an immediate shock in which we will be able to recover even faster than 08. There's plenty of liquidity that is just sitting in cash and has been for quite a while. Once this virus hits it's peak you will see money pouring right back into the market and things will go back to the way they were. I'm not saying don't stock up on some things. Obviously you may need food especially if you get stuck inside in a quarantine. But this shall pass over soon enough if people do the social distancing. The virus can't live more than 2 weeks or so. If people all stay away 2 weeks then it dies. Now it may take longer than hoped but eventually it will get better. I'm not foolish enough to think I can call the low and the mad virus. That's for the scientists and doctors to call. But just try to use the time to go hang out with your dog and do some fishing and enjoy the great outdoors.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:
32 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

If it hasn't gotten real for you yet...... Stores are working on plans for 10 people in at a time to shop.  Think about the chaos that this would cause.  

Can't say in my lifetime that this isnt the biggest threat to our economy.  If a run on cash happens at the banks. Hang on.  

I'm not a doomsday prepper guy. But if you don't see the possibility of what we have here your turning your head.  

And I don't mean the virus. I mean the ramifications.  We are not far from statewide martial law. 

Businesses shutting down hard now. Dow is tanked, recession is in. Worse is possible.  3000 drop today.  

Not saying it will happen, but how can it not be considered that a crash is possible.  Letting the virus run it's course might be better off.    

Please calm down man. The panic and the sky is falling mentality is what’s driving this panic. We need to ban together as Americans and not assume the worst. Things will turn back around slower than it crashed but hopefully six months from now we all look back and think how close we got to abandoning are humanity and learn for the future.

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

San Fran is a Shithole Supreme. There is literally poop and needles along the sidewalks it's disgusting

What in the muther fuuck does that matter you asshole.  Knock off the attitude you flaming douche bag....

Just now, wjay1552 said:

Like I said I think it will work out. But if you think it's nothing your kidding yourself.  This will be far more than 2008.  The biggest employer in our area just closed til further notice, schools won't reopen this year. I'm NOT in panic but I am a realist. Lots of families and businesses are gonna be without an income.  

What in the muther fuuck does that matter you asshole.  Knock off the attitude you flaming douche bag....

You may want to change the 5th word in your statement to avoid a ban. Just trying to warn you from experience. And I'm just stating that it makes sense for them to go on a quarantine. The whole country should self quarantine. That is the way we can once and for all nip this thing in the bud. It can't spread if it runs out of contacts to spread to

Went to Walmart and Hannaford's today for a few things, Walmart was quite barren. Hannaford's actually had more stuff then Walmart. I got what I needed but Was kind of surprised we'd be hit this hard up here this fast. Would expect it on the coast, cities but not in my rural area. Panic has officially set in I guess. Also was told alot of long Islander's and NYC folks are running up and filling their carts here. Just thought I'd mention it for those who haven't seen it for themselves yet.

Stay Healthy and Safe Everyone!

• Like 1

Sure hope you're right. I'd rather not have to cancel/postpone my wedding

Our Offices are still open. People went in today, but we are encouraged to work from home. I can go in everyday if i wanted to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Like I said I think it will work out. But if you think it's nothing your kidding yourself.  This will be far more than 2008.  The biggest employer in our area just closed til further notice, schools won't reopen this year. I'm NOT in panic but I am a realist. Lots of families and businesses are gonna be without an income.  

Which is hopefully where the government will finally come together to put out a stimulus plan that will help the people who can't work from home whose jobs may have been put on hold. Companies won't close permanently at nearly the rate they did in 08. I personally think closing schools for the rest of the year is a bit premature. Honestly I think it should be on a 2-3 week basis and then reassess where things are.

8 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Ok good Alex Jones is a bit of a Kook. Pretty sure it has to all be an act otherwise he's completely insane. But my point being is this current issue is more akin to 9/11 than 08. It's an immediate shock in which we will be able to recover even faster than 08. There's plenty of liquidity that is just sitting in cash and has been for quite a while. Once this virus hits it's peak you will see money pouring right back into the market and things will go back to the way they were. I'm not saying don't stock up on some things. Obviously you may need food especially if you get stuck inside in a quarantine. But this shall pass over soon enough if people do the social distancing. The virus can't live more than 2 weeks or so. If people all stay away 2 weeks then it dies. Now it may take longer than hoped but eventually it will get better. I'm not foolish enough to think I can call the low and the mad virus. That's for the scientists and doctors to call. But just try to use the time to go hang out with your dog and do some fishing and enjoy the great outdoors.

911 business was closed for a day everywhere but NYC.  And once we found out what it was things started up quickly.  This is forecasted to be around thru July in August.   And is global.  

Again I am far from panic, but I see this as the biggest economic challenge to our way of life I've seen in my lifetime. 

These things will linger if the govt has to bail out so much of it.  It's gonna be a long haul. Tell the small businesses that just got told they cannot serve the public til further notice that it's a bump in the road..... You need to see it thru other's eyes.  

911 business was closed for a day everywhere but NYC.  And once we found out what it was things started up quickly.  This is forecasted to be around thru July in August.   And is global.  

Again I am far from panic, but I see this as the biggest economic challenge to our way of life I've seen in my lifetime. 

These things will linger if the govt has to bail out so much of it.  It's gonna be a long haul. Tell the small businesses that just got told they cannot serve the public til further notice that it's a bump in the road..... You need to see it thru other's eyes.  

I speak of 9/11 more in the financial impact to the market with nowhere near the recovery time as 2008. I totally stand by the business that can't serve the public anymore during these times. They can still do takeout for those that serve food. If the package includes insurance for lost revenues then they will be somewhat insulated from the longer term effects. It's a crappy situation all around for sure. But I personally do not think it will be nearly as bad as some may want us all to think. I may be being naive but only time will tell for sure

None of the top law firms or banks are closed right now. None will be closed. It’s encouraged that you work from Home, but you are allowed to go in if need be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I agree with the economic impacts this will and has had. I just hope cooler heads prevail and the majority of the population realizes the reaction is worse than the virus. I’m extremely worried my 93 year old grandmother may get  sick and not be around anymore but I’m more concerned my 5 and 3 year old may not get to experience to life we have all enjoyed because of panic and the ensuing results that will happen. We all need to hold  out hope and band together to make sure each day gets better and not worse.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

None of the top law firms or banks are closed right now. None will be closed. It’s encouraged that you work from Home, but you are allowed to go in if need be.

It will still have a huge impact.  Less business activities = less legal work = less Billings coupled with less Billings due to remote work, close of courts and suspension of cases and less transactional work.  Law Firms will suffer.  

It will still have a huge impact.  Less business activities = less legal work = less Billings coupled with less Billings due to remote work, close of courts and suspension of cases and less transactional work.  Law Firms will suffer.  

Oh for sure. I just meant they won’t close. Most law firm billing groups have never worked from home before and are non exempt employees, so this is a nightmare. It’s all Hands on deck, other groups will have to do billing if need be. Without bills, no cash

• Like 1

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Oh for sure. I just meant they won’t close. Most law firm billing groups have never worked from home before and are non exempt employees, so this is a nightmare. It’s all Hands on deck, other groups will have to do billing if need be. Without bills, no cash

Erie county courts closed.  No filings accepted. The rest of NY is also suspending all non-essential Court activities.  I  betting we see a 20-30% drop this year. 

• Like 1

Erie county courts closed.  No filings accepted. The rest of NY is also suspending all non-essential Court activities.  I  betting we see a 20-30% drop this year. 
But that should just result in a backlog when things kick back up again. Criminals still going to commit crime. Business still will have to ramp up business once things calm down