Corona Virus Thread

Just now, Arcade Hunter said:

Its hitting close to home.  They closed us down at 4:00 pm today.  

A family member of a co worker tested positive yesterday and she came in to work this morning to alert management.  They arranged testing for her and we will know those results Thursday or Friday.  For the meantime, our three facilities, Clarence, Buffalo and Amherst closed at 4"00PM today and everyone is in quarantine.  I may go fishing tomorrow (alone).

Our Amherst facility is affected because I worked there in the morning, then worked Clarence for the afternoon.  I was in close proximity with the one that was sent for testing... I feel fine and so does everyone else.  I hope this is just a scare, but you cant assume anything.

She was around someone who was positive and didn't think it was a bad idea to show up and tell everyone?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OtiscoPaul said:

You know why I would get an AR right now, Comments like this

Im really afraid of all the paranoid types who think gun rights trump a global health crisis and then remember the literal stockpiles you already have

Sorry, I realize there is a reading comprehension problem.  

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-rebukes-the-us-after-saying-it-will-expel-american-journalists/ar-BB11lPGB?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=SL5GDHP

China’s government is truly evil.  Their support for the North Koreans in the Korean War and the North Vietnamese in the Vietnam War are two great examples of their desire to support and spread their miserable repressive ideology.  They continue to support communist North Korea whose leader is mentally unbalanced in his constant development and threat of the use of nuclear bombs.  Some of their products have been found defective and deadly.  They exported animal feed ingredients that caused the death of many animals and placed a scare on livestock used for human food.  The Chinese government refused entry of American Food and Drug Officials to help investigate this crime.  Apparently the Chinese government needed time to cover up their involvement in their crime.  The list of their evil deeds goes on and on.

Personally I believe the Chinese government knowingly and willingly withheld the Corona Virus epidemic from the World Health Organization.  Their deliberate failure unnecessarily caused the spread of the infection.  Recently out of China they are claiming the US Army had something to do with the Corona Virus.  Strange how the epicenter was in China and shortly after Iran had a large outbreak.  Were infected Chinese nuclear and military personnel in Iran?  Also did China allow their epidemic to become a pandemic to kill innocent lives and damage the world economy?  Chinas government is truly evil and to think there are Americans who embrace the communist ideology, but have not moved to China.

Talk about actual “paranoia”! 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/illinois-mayor-signs-executive-order-granting-power-to-ban-sale-of-guns-and-alcohol-while-addressing-coronavirus

The article states “Among the powers Feinen gained after signing the executive order was the power to ban the sale of guns, ammunition, alcohol, and gasoline. Feinen could also cut off access to individuals' gas, water, or electricity. The city also has the ability to "take possession of private property" or order the temporary closing of all bars or liquor stores.

10 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Honestly I moved it to a stable asset fund for right now.  Two reasons.  Will try and get back in on the low fairly soon, after watching how things keep going. And two.. with work issues and all that is going on I just can't be watching my 401K get killed in the market too.  Yes I know everyone will say ride it out. But for peace of mind made a move for now. 

Hey that’s fine . I haven’t looked at my investments at all since this started  , when dow was around 23 or 24 k I thought no big deal , now under 20 yikes . My differed comp is 100% in general fund paying around 4% which being my largest fund is actually returning a fairly large sum, my individual stocks I haven’t looked at ,letting them ride it out lol .

Im blessed to have a pension that’s saving me .

Wifes 401k is her largest fund , and 60 / 40 stocks  bonds , to late at this point to reallocate I think , we haven’t drawn off anything yet . I’ve never tried to time the market as most get out low ,and wait to long to be sure when jumping back in on upswing , who knows though . 

Good luck .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

Talk about actual “paranoia”! 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/illinois-mayor-signs-executive-order-granting-power-to-ban-sale-of-guns-and-alcohol-while-addressing-coronavirus

The article states “Among the powers Feinen gained after signing the executive order was the power to ban the sale of guns, ammunition, alcohol, and gasoline. Feinen could also cut off access to individuals' gas, water, or electricity. The city also has the ability to "take possession of private property" or order the temporary closing of all bars or liquor stores.

That's just an over reach of power

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Wifes 401k is her largest fund , and 60 / 40 stocks  bonds , to late at this point to reallocate I think , we haven’t drawn off anything yet .

It's not 60/40 anymore........unless your financial planer is re balancing as we go along.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

It's not 60/40 anymore........unless your financial planer is re balancing as we go along.

Vanguard , rebalances quarterly . Currently more in bonds .

Only use my planner Geo Conboy for my individual stocks .

https://www.brightonsecurities.com/team/financial-advisors/george-t-conboy

if you click the link, you may enjoy George’s videos !

F92869F1-1866-4CE1-A52F-AB848F85A122.png

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1