Corona Virus Thread

I got up at 5:00am to take my wife shopping at Stop & Shop this morning. Unfortunately I'm now in the high risk group ( over 60 , copd and diabetes). Thankfully they gave us older people a head start food shopping being that we're the most vulnerable to the virus. How depressing it was......especially with no hotties to look at. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got up at 5:00am to take my wife shopping at Stop & Shop this morning. Unfortunately I'm now in the high risk group ( over 60 , copd and diabetes). Thankfully they gave us older people a head start food shopping being that we're the most vulnerable to the virus. How depressing it was......especially with no hotties to look at. Lol

My mom stopped in her local Acme for “early elderly hours” as well. She was a bit shocked and dismayed that all the TP was gone. Clerk told her it was fully restock this morning. These old biddies were down right Looting the place. they set a crazy high limit for the elderly on the TP-limit 4 packs...16 rolls for many who live alone or with 1 other person? Come on grandma!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, crappyice said:

My mom stopped in her local Acme for “early elderly hours” as well. She was a bit shocked and dismayed that all the TP was gone. Clerk told her it was fully restock this morning. These old biddies were down right Looting the place. they set a crazy high limit for the elderly on the TP-limit 4 packs...16 rolls for many who live alone or with 1 other person? Come on grandma!!!

I think those old people must poo a lot....I guess they can't hold it....their "grippers" must be worn out lol

• Like 1

dbd1bf01d942b373da6248cdd7050e42.jpg
30fee85290b0777065f65607b2d0a7b1.jpg
a2debfbd9f7bd3104e270a561d41aed4.jpg

No shortage of Meat, Chicken, Fish at Uncle Guiseppe’s in Yorktown Heights. However, I can’t find baby formula anywhere. My wife picked a bad time to go dry breastfeeding. Even online it’s sold out. Was forced to buy packages of smaller ounces and overpay to get more

Just got this from BIL with a friend at FEMA:

"Please listen...Homeland Security is preparing to mobilize the National Guard. They are gonna dispatch them across the US along with the military. They will also call in the 1st responders. They are preparing to announce a nationwide 2 week quarantine for all citizens. All businesses closed. Everyone at home. They will announce this as soon as they have troops in place to prevent looters and rioters...they will announce before the end of the weekend, within 48 to 72 hours the President will evoke what is called the "Stafford Act". The President will order a 2 week mandatory quarantine for the nation. Stock up on whatever you need and make sure you have a 2 week supply of everything." 

Only time will tell how true this is, but if it IS true, I wanted to share with all of you. 

@moog what is the stafford act? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Just got this from BIL with a friend at FEMA:

"Please listen...Homeland Security is preparing to mobilize the National Guard. They are gonna dispatch them across the US along with the military. They will also call in the 1st responders. They are preparing to announce a nationwide 2 week quarantine for all citizens. All businesses closed. Everyone at home. They will announce this as soon as they have troops in place to prevent looters and rioters...they will announce before the end of the weekend, within 48 to 72 hours the President will evoke what is called the "Stafford Act". The President will order a 2 week mandatory quarantine for the nation. Stock up on whatever you need and make sure you have a 2 week supply of everything." 

Only time will tell how true this is, but if it IS true, I wanted to share with all of you. 

@moog what is the stafford act? 

Old news..........  Could be possible but this was going around last week

dbd1bf01d942b373da6248cdd7050e42.jpg&key=dc51a8552aef79d9888fcdc053568f265dd19422181c49c8f01ba476133957b9
30fee85290b0777065f65607b2d0a7b1.jpg&key=f752c60b8259b14697c0d2d3653dcdb541a8f76fc77e4504fd72d0994575f47c
a2debfbd9f7bd3104e270a561d41aed4.jpg&key=e856d7507f195bdd7d8de6b8c7c105498e6388eb02ed62b1263de5a36f6cdaff

No shortage of Meat, Chicken, Fish at Uncle Guiseppe’s in Yorktown Heights. However, I can’t find baby formula anywhere. My wife picked a bad time to go dry breastfeeding. Even online it’s sold out. Was forced to buy packages of smaller ounces and overpay to get more

If your need gets bad let me know. I believe I have a few cans still up at my camp I could take a ride if you need

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

You know more than me lol. Sure hope your right. Hope @cbyzerman is right too. If we are not locked down by next week, when I see BIL, I'm gonna step on his tongue. 

Just Google it, a quick search gives you an explanation of what it is, and also all kinds of articles about those messages being fake news.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/janelytvynenko/dont-believe-stafford-act-texts

• Like 1

Its hitting close to home.  They closed us down at 4:00 pm today.  
A family member of a co worker tested positive yesterday and she came in to work this morning to alert management.  They arranged testing for her and we will know those results Thursday or Friday.  For the meantime, our three facilities, Clarence, Buffalo and Amherst closed at 4"00PM today and everyone is in quarantine.  I may go fishing tomorrow (alone).
Our Amherst facility is affected because I worked there in the morning, then worked Clarence for the afternoon.  I was in close proximity with the one that was sent for testing... I feel fine and so does everyone else.  I hope this is just a scare, but you cant assume anything.
She couldn't have just called?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbyzerman said:

Old news..........  Could be possible but this was going around last week

Millions of grumpy old men stuck in the house for two weeks with their wives ???

Do you realize how much that will increase the MURDER rate  ???....

It's bad ENOUGH I can't go to the bar, but at least I can go fishing.....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Cynthia-- I can't find Bagels in any stores. Loaves of Bread, I can understand. Even ( Pods) for the dishwasher are non existent.. 

Wiping your azz with bagels is the new thing   And Tide pod eating buzz is spectacular.  Heard from a friend 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Went to gun shop today... NICS system was really slow this morning, then went down completely.  Apparently lots of panic buying. 

try to pic up your 325 wsm?  I did the same and left empty handed.  But at least Jim was a nice guy.

Edited by moog5050

Just wanted to let people know.  If you are an oxford resident and a child in school they have 2 meals per kid each day for pickup and its alot my teenager couldnt finish it. One is at the school another is in mcdonough.   This food doesnt depend on income if you have a kid in the system(actually my 3 yr old is also) they have 2 full meals for pickup. If anyone knows someone or is apart of the school and needs help picking up food me and my wife will be trying to help get the food to the kids.   Im sure alot of schools are doing the same just trying to get the word out for people.  

Biz one of my friends wife is a manager at a big chain store and they have formula hidden behind the service desk because people were stealing it.  So that might be the situation as well.

• Like 4