Corona Virus Thread

The part people seem to be having trouble comprehending is the part where you don't interact with people from other households. 

Right. You can certainly go for a walk on the street or for a run. Nobody is forcing people to stay indoors. Even Cuomo knows outdoors and exercise is key for mental Health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See link above. Parks and golf are not closing. It’s safe to be outdoors and spread out. You can run, jog, golf, play bocce ball, tennis, basketball etc. at these parks

The governor actually said not basketball that it’s not possible to play it and be 6 feet from each other

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Right. You can certainly go for a walk on the street or for a run. Nobody is forcing people to stay indoors. Even Cuomo knows outdoors and exercise is key for mental Health

Yes, only solidary outdoor exercise/activities allowed.  I guess golf is a solidary sport.  If the course is closed, can't you just walk on in if you have your own clubs?

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Brief Update from my brother:

All doctors are segregated so if someone gets it, it doesn’t take down the entire group. My brother works in an enclosed room and only deals with patients through glass and computer. Only nurses go inside patient rooms since they can afford to lose nurses to quarantine but not doctors. Some doctors have chose to sleep in the negative pressure rooms overnight to play it safe and not even leave the hospital. He and other employees get full physical before work and after work every single day

And nurses and doctors been doing surgeries without masks because none left

Hospitals are overwhelmed now.  BIL's mom is a retired nurse.  She retired more than 5 years ago.  She got an email today asking her to un-retire and go in.  BIL told her to ignore it and not going in because she falls into the vulnerable age group.  My wife works in research.  She got an announcement that while it hasn't happened yet, if things get worst they may ask non-medical practitioners in the medical field to help out.

• Like 1

Yes, only solidary outdoor exercise/activities allowed.  I guess golf is a solidary sport.  If the course is closed, can't you just walk on in if you have your own clubs?

Nah. They wouldn’t let you play for free. It’s not cheap to play

7 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

The part people seem to be having trouble comprehending is the part where you don't interact with people from other households. 

My GF has a kid and three adopted kids. Well I sure don't want to get them all sick, that would be terrible.  So we are not getting together which she is def having a hard time with.   But with me being out in public in the coming days sure don't want to risk it. All this SUCKS! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

All you princesses worry about your appointments at the beauty salon and sodfather and i can't stop laughing. 

So you're saying I shouldn't get the mani and peddi, along with the cut and dry???? You and ol' sod are really hardcore to the max!!!

Today will be interesting, daughter and BF are moving into their new house , so a few helping out with the move  . He’s also proposing today ( they already plan on getting married, this is just the official asking and ring part .)  So a bunch of her friends were to be there first for a big surprise,  most aren’t coming, now ,which is understandable, now she doesn’t know today’s “ surprise “ part , but she asked her Mom not to come over as she is mid 60’s with copd ( high risk group ) thinking it was just the move anyways .

So does my wife go ? And perhaps piss off the daughter ( she already yelled at her for going to the store yesterday.)  Or does she go and keep a distance and leave soon after the proposal ?

I can’t make the call .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

Oh im going and the Mrs largely thinks the whole thing ( virus ) is way over blown , the issue is not the virus , it’s upsetting the daughter who takes the virus very seriously.

She should read TCs link ...

Edited by Nomad

18 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Today will be interesting, daughter and BF are moving into their new house , so a few helping out with the move  . He’s also proposing today ( they already plan on getting married, this is just the official asking and ring part .)  So a bunch of her friends were to be there first for a big surprise,  most aren’t coming, now ,which is understandable, now she doesn’t know today’s “ surprise “ part , but she asked her Mom not to come over as she is mid 60’s with copd ( high risk group ) thinking it was just the move anyways .

So does my wife go ? And perhaps piss off the daughter ( she already yelled at her for going to the store yesterday.)  Or does she go and keep a distance and leave soon after the proposal ?

I can’t make the call .

Wife should go …. just stay out of Yelling Range !  LOL

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

New York State going on P.A.U.S.E. effective Sunday at 8 p.m..  

Ya I’ve an issue with that . 50% of the cases are in NYC which geographically makes up .5% of the state .  Why does the 99.5% which has is not only is not densely packed like NYC , but where most drive  to work in a car by themselves ,not packed into subways and crowded streets , where some counties don’t have one case , need to be under the same restrictions ? You don’t see other states that mirror Upstate NY doing those things .

6 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ya I’ve an issue with that . 50% of the cases are in NYC which geographically makes up .5% of the state .  Why does the 99.5% which has is not only is not densely packed like NYC , but where most drive  to work in a car by themselves ,not packed into subways and crowded streets , where some counties don’t have one case , need to be under the same restrictions ? You don’t see other states that mirror Upstate NY doing those things .

NY is unique in that it has a relatively small geographical area that runs and makes poor decisions for the rest of the state.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

California?

19 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Pennsylvania shut things down 2 days ago.....

And thats how you are NOT going to get big numbers hopefully.

Bitch when the numbers stay small, and then bitch when the numbers get big they didn't do enough. Can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, grampy said:

Shutting down all hair salons, barber shops now. My barber called as I have an appointment next week. Has to close before 8pm tomorrow. I'm going in at 3:30.

Canceled!........ I'm gonna grow a mullet!

Or maybe go with the smooth Nomad look?

Edited by grampy
  • Haha 1

So was just on the Thruway for a bit. Those electronic signs yelling at me got meaner as I went.  First one was " slow the curve, please stay home" next one was "save lives , stop the spread stay home" and  then the next was just "stay home".   Ok ok.  But that seems like every disaster movie I've ever seen. Kinda freaky.