Corona Virus Thread

28 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ya I’ve an issue with that . 50% of the cases are in NYC which geographically makes up .5% of the state .  Why does the 99.5% which has is not only is not densely packed like NYC , but where most drive  to work in a car by themselves ,not packed into subways and crowded streets , where some counties don’t have one case , need to be under the same restrictions ? You don’t see other states that mirror Upstate NY doing those things .

Cause those counties want to keep it that way I am sure. 

Same as you will prob see no interstate travel soon.  As each end of the country is a hotspot let's not infect the middle too if it can be avoided. 

Ya I’ve an issue with that . 50% of the cases are in NYC which geographically makes up .5% of the state .  Why does the 99.5% which has is not only is not densely packed like NYC , but where most drive  to work in a car by themselves ,not packed into subways and crowded streets , where some counties don’t have one case , need to be under the same restrictions ? You don’t see other states that mirror Upstate NY doing those things .

The rural counties that are closest to suburban NYC are already freaking out about the influx of 2nd homers and the likes fleeing to them. They are afraid their small town hospitals will collapse under the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel the need to say this and I’m sure it will start a argument. I dislike Cuomo as much as anyone here.

That being said he is doing a phenomenal job with this situation and is the ONLY government official I’ve seen in our county acting like a true leader.

• Like 4

Just now, Chef said:

I feel the need to say this and I’m sure it will start a argument. I dislike Cuomo as much as anyone here.

That being said he is doing a phenomenal job with this situation and is the ONLY government official I’ve seen in our county acting like a true leader.

I agree with you on Cuomo. He's doing the best he can. Thank God Dementia Joe isn't in charge on the federal level. Trump is doing as well as he can, given the swamp he's wading through.

• Like 8

Ticks me off that NY is basically ruled by what goes on in NYC.

Bro look at the most recent map of NYS with new cases more than half the counties in the state have this virus and it’s growing. This is not about NYC stop being ignorant

57 minutes ago, Merlot said:

I agree with you on Cuomo. He's doing the best he can. Thank God Dementia Joe isn't in charge on the federal level. Trump is doing as well as he can, given the swamp he's wading through.

Nice for a change to see parties unity. Dam shame it took a dam little nasty killer virus to do it !

Has anybody else heard that Pres Trump has declared NYC  a national disaster area and is going to deploy the army? They.re saying as many as 2 people an hr are dying  from the corona virus in NYC.

Where the hell do you get your news

Just curious if anybody knows anyone personally who has this virus ? I read a report that 20 percent of the population thinks they have it. 

I do yes, I know 3 people that are infected. The funny part is none of them live in NY. The first is a coworkers wife who is a medical professional, her husband was infected by her and his supervisor at work was infected by him. None of them are showing any serious symptoms

32 minutes ago, Lever action said:

Has anybody else heard that Pres Trump has declared NYC  a national disaster area and is going to deploy the army? They.re saying as many as 2 people an hr are dying  from the corona virus in NYC.

Once again.... This rumor started more than  a week ago...  Could happen but right now that is fake news....  

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

I do yes, I know 3 people that are infected. The funny part is none of them live in NY. The first is a coworkers wife who is a medical professional, her husband was infected by her and his supervisor at work was infected by him. None of them are showing any serious symptoms

What was the reason for being tested if they didn't have any serious symptoms ? I'm just trying to make heads or tails of everything we are being told . 

What was the reason for being tested if they didn't have any serious symptoms ? I'm just trying to make heads or tails of everything we are being told . 

The wife did expirence flu like symptoms, the other two were tested very early on. At that point they were still trying to test and isolate individuals

• Like 2

Fox News just talked about this and said it’s bullshit

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Im the same way but the problem is ive seen more camps open today on my way to my hike then i did last year before deer season/4th of july combined i no first hand where a good chunk come from so its going to spread quickly every where else.

The rural counties that are closest to suburban NYC are already freaking out about the influx of 2nd homers and the likes fleeing to them. They are afraid their small town hospitals will collapse under the weight.

Yup. Nearly everyone I know who rents in nyc M-F, left their apts weeks ago for their weekend/summer homes in Westchester, Putnam, CT, NJ, or Long Island.