Corona Virus Thread

16 minutes ago, Chef said:

For all of you that are taking this lightly I want to show you a series of texts from one of my best friends that is a nurse at a major hospital in NYC

c49b21973b49e04c11db76927d00ef06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell your friend thank you for working hard.  The nurses and doctors are putting their lives on hold for this so everyone should be thanking them.  

• Like 5

Agreed my fiance's hospital is setting up for Corona treatment and changing things up to accommodate more patients. She said it's really going to get crazy and is expecting some crazy times at the hospital. Honestly me and her still working is a blessing but her being there is starting to be concerning. 

Found out today that a coworker has a child relative that has tested positive. Co worker was in close contact with the child last week. I was in close proximity to this co-worker occasionally during this week. In and out of my office, handing me papers for signature, sitting near me on a conference call, etc.

We’ll see where this goes. Told my boss, and I haven’t been told to stay out yet.

Our business is excluded from the ban by being on the essential list. I’m kind of essential myself. As least until we shut everything down. Then not so much.
:dontknow:
We are down to 15% workforce. If it gets thinner, we’ll be forced to hard stop anyway.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Sad 1

I’m thinking about the crow dinner [mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention]and I can eat together. 

Why? Businesses and everyone will be back to work by Easter as predicted. A 14-day quarantine is overkill. We’ll be out this soon.

My brother is a doctor who at a hospital, so I know the issues are very serious and real. However, I don’t expect it to last much longer. I think we are still in great shape by Easter

• Like 1

Why? Businesses and everyone will be back to work by Easter as predicted. A 14-day quarantine is overkill. We’ll be out this soon.

My brother is a doctor who at a hospital, so I know the issues are very serious and real. However, I don’t expect it to last much longer. I think we are still in great shape by Easter

I wish I shared your optimism

ok, woke up with a fever very early Thursday morning and went to a walk in clinic when they opened. I tested negative for all common flu’s and my symptoms were inconsistent with any other illness going around; that and the fact that I was exposed to other people who were quarantined awaiting results was enough for them to test me....so for three days I’ve had a fever and no other symptoms and they haven’t gotten better or worse in those three days. Ive also had a coworker who was turned away from a test at one place because he didn’t have enough symptoms but went to a second place that was willing to test him and he was positive. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, jjb4900 said:

ok, woke up with a fever very early Thursday morning and went to a walk in clinic when they opened. I tested negative for all common flu’s and my symptoms were inconsistent with any other illness going around; that and the fact that I was exposed to other people who were quarantined awaiting results was enough for them to test me....so for three days I’ve had a fever and no other symptoms and they haven’t gotten better or worse in those three days. Ive also had a coworker who was turned away from a test at one place because he didn’t have enough symptoms but went to a second place that was willing to test him and he was positive. 

Praying for a quick and complete recovery jjb.  Hang in there. 

19 minutes ago, jjb4900 said:

Those are very good indicators. Are quarantined at home or at a medical facility?  Best of luck.

Wow I hope you feel better and have a speedy recovery... would you mind saying what county you live in ? Please keep us updated on how you are feeling

My daughter has still
Never been called for a test and she has been “on a list” for 10 days. She is a low priority - no pre-existing conditions, young, mild symptoms. She’s mostly better now-nagging dry cough but that’s it. However, we have all been with her and “felt” symptoms. We’ve been isolated from grandma cause we just know we would Rather be safe than super sorry.
93e040f7e26a636418f5860e67d3a36a.jpg
That’s how my daughter opened her “Sweet 16” birthday present from her grandma today. That sucked to watch.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

Wow I hope you feel better and have a speedy recovery... would you mind saying what county you live in ? Please keep us updated on how you are feeling

Suffolk County...all are home quarantined 

• Like 2

My daughter has still
Never been called for a test and she has been “on a list” for 10 days. She is a low priority - no pre-existing conditions, young, mild symptoms. She’s mostly better now-nagging dry cough but that’s it. However, we have all been with her and “felt” symptoms. We’ve been isolated from grandma cause we just know we would Rather be safe than super sorry.
93e040f7e26a636418f5860e67d3a36a.jpg&key=8b7ea0a7ec5c040c9cf20bf23832573b486de4ea48d09d54f1776859439e9638
That’s how my daughter opened her “Sweet 16” birthday present from her grandma today. That sucked to watch.

I’m sorry man that’s really hard. I guess to look on the bright side you can say she showed immense love for her grandmother and maturity by doing that today. She deserves some serious kudos for that.

Also my mother who is 67 and in a higher risk bracket took 6 days to get a call back and finally has a appointment at glen island tomorrow at 9:30. She is now telling me she doesn’t want to go because she mostly feels better and doesn’t want them to waste gloves and masks on her.

I’m still trying to convince her to go so this way if she tests negative she can come stay with me in about a week

• Like 1

A woman that I know posted posted on Facebook that she has it. She’s been quarantined at home now for 11 days and the hospital has her on the malaria drug. She said it seems to be working and many patients are on it, even though it’s not being publicized yet. Hopefully things continue to improve for her and everyone else so that the FDA can give it the ok for widespread use. 

7 hours ago, jjb4900 said:

Best of luck to you and your family. 

9 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Found out today that a coworker has a child relative that has tested positive. Co worker was in close contact with the child last week. I was in close proximity to this co-worker occasionally during this week. In and out of my office, handing me papers for signature, sitting near me on a conference call, etc.

We’ll see where this goes. Told my boss, and I haven’t been told to stay out yet.

Our business is excluded from the ban by being on the essential list. I’m kind of essential myself. As least until we shut everything down. Then not so much.
:dontknow:
We are down to 15% workforce. If it gets thinner, we’ll be forced to hard stop anyway.

Oh man, hope every thing works out. Fingers crossed for  ya . 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I sure don't see that but I sure hope I am wrong.  I think even best case scenario is more like mid May.  But three weeks out and no peak yet doesn't seem possible. 

I think this will be a while. And I think further restrictions are coming in the near future.  

I'm rooting for this prediction to be more right than any of your others. 

• Like 1

Hoping for the best for you Jjb!

Hope all turns out well !

12 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I sure don't see that but I sure hope I am wrong.  I think even best case scenario is more like mid May.  But three weeks out and no peak yet doesn't seem possible. 

I think this will be a while. And I think further restrictions are coming in the near future.  

I'm rooting for this prediction to be more right than any of your others. 

As much as I hate to agree with you rob, I think your right. My youngest is a RN at university of Rochester and they are ramping up for a up tick of cases. He was telling us the state put out a call to arms basically to all health  care personal retired , students etc. wanting to know if they would come back to work  or would relocate in the state to help. 
Here in Steuben county we now have 3 cases and this is in a week, one of the infected was at a volunteer fire department function with 100 people. It will get worse in upstate before it tapers off. 

Edited by rob-c