Corona Virus Thread

1 minute ago, rob-c said:

As much as I hate to agree with you rob, I think your right. My youngest is a RN at university of Rochester and they are ramping up for a up tick of cases. He was telling us the state put out a call to arms basically to all health  care personal retired , students etc. wanting to know if the would come back to work  or would relocate in the state to help. 
Here in Steuben county we now have 3 cases and this is in a week, one of the infected was at a volunteer fire department function with 100 people. It will get worse in upstate before it tapers off. 

I can't think we will go more than another week without a restriction on interstate travel.   

If you figure peak is even 2-3 weeks away, then another 3-4 weeks for it to cycle down. That's mid to late May.  And I think that is being positive. 

• Like 1

Biz I hope you are right. Some of the reports out of queens I’m reading are pretty sobering.  I wish I had the link still. I’m not looking forward to eating crow, but the writing is on the wall. (Speaking of crow... thinking look into crow hunting.. nothing else to shoot)

the post a page or so ago  of 100 people gathering at volunteer fire event is disturbing. This is the kind of thing that needs to be stopped.

im sure you all saw the kinds of draconian measures taken in China, even far away from the epicenter. It’s going to take some serious wake up calls to get this level of cooperation here.  I fear if this does not happen, we may be closer to Italy than China regarding the wuhan flu results. The citizens of China complied with the communist government and mostly embraced the actions. We need to as well, no matter the inconvenience. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

100 people gathering at volunteer fire event is disturbing. This is the kind of thing that needs to be stopped.

I read that one of the first positive tests in Bath, NY was at this type of event.

Steuben County resident who tested positive attended party

BATH – Steuben County confirmed its first two positive test result for coronavirus.

The Steuben County Public Health Department received notification overnight Friday a Town of Bath resident tested positive for COVID-19. The person is isolated and being monitored by the Health Department. 

Health officials also learned Friday that the individual attended an event March 14 with about 100 people at the Bath Fire Department, and officials are in the process of contacting other attendees.

As much as I hate to agree with you rob, I think your right. My youngest is a RN at university of Rochester and they are ramping up for a up tick of cases. He was telling us the state put out a call to arms basically to all health  care personal retired , students etc. wanting to know if they would come back to work  or would relocate in the state to help. 
Here in Steuben county we now have 3 cases and this is in a week, one of the infected was at a volunteer fire department function with 100 people. It will get worse in upstate before it tapers off. 

Yes, it will spread. Down here they are short hundreds of staff because of it. I think the numbers will slow day here in Westchester and rise upstate before its all under control. People who work at hospitals with zero medical education are being called into action as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biz I hope you are right. Some of the reports out of queens I’m reading are pretty sobering.  I wish I had the link still. I’m not looking forward to eating crow, but the writing is on the wall. (Speaking of crow... thinking look into crow hunting.. nothing else to shoot)
the post a page or so ago  of 100 people gathering at volunteer fire event is disturbing. This is the kind of thing that needs to be stopped.
im sure you all saw the kinds of draconian measures taken in China, even far away from the epicenter. It’s going to take some serious wake up calls to get this level of cooperation here.  I fear if this does not happen, we may be closer to Italy than China regarding the wuhan flu results. The citizens of China complied with the communist government and mostly embraced the actions. We need to as well, no matter the inconvenience. 

We are nowhere close to Italy. Last I checked 60 people per 1 million in US have it. Whereas over 700 people per 1 million in Italy have it. Can’t compare numbers with a country whose population is way smaller than ours

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

We are nowhere close to Italy. Last I checked 60 people per 1 million in US have it. Whereas over 700 people per 1 million in Italy have it. Can’t compare numbers with a country whose population is way smaller than ours

Lot of interesting things can be done with numbers. I wonder on a population density comparison what the numbers would be. For example, Rome vs nyc or Long Island. Infection rates, death rates, this type of thing.  Not comparing on a national level where Parts of the us are still relatively unaffected. I have zero idea but this is the kind of thing I’m thinking about. Yes we are a long way from Italy and hopefully we will stay that way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You’re right Lombardo is way wealthier than most of the US and they had more hospital beds per capita then we do by a significant margin

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

11 days behind Italy doesn’t take a biz prediction to figure out when we will be seeing the same ratio

My mothers assisted living home is in total lock-down. One of the workers tested positive for the virus. My mom has been sick for the last 5 days. Head cold and congestion. They won't test her until she has a fever. Prayers for all of them living and working there. 

The numbers out of Italy  is sobering .  Numbers of confirmed infection to deaths  is 11 percent . We know that's  off as there is probably  more unconfirmed  infected . 4825 dead to 53500 reported cases.....  disclaimer  not my math  or first hand information just numbers from fox  news

So Westchester has its first 2 deaths. Both elderly with pre existing health issues. I find it strange that the New Ro original guy lived and nobody talks about it. Nobody talks about the success rates!

So Westchester has its first 2 deaths. Both elderly with pre existing health issues. I find it strange that the New Ro original guy lived and nobody talks about it. Nobody talks about the success rates!

The success rates are good for young healthy people. The issue is it takes a very long time to wean them off of intubation. In the mean time others that need it will not be able to get on due to a lack of machines. That’s where the death will come from

The success rates are good for young healthy people. The issue is it takes a very long time to wean them off of intubation. In the mean time others that need it will not be able to get on due to a lack of machines. That’s where the death will come from

I thought he had health issues tho. Just wish they would promote the success too! It keeps people happier!

I thought he had health issues tho. Just wish they would promote the success too! It keeps people happier!

I agree it does. The issue is there are so many people not taking this seriously enough that they don’t want to give them any reason to down play any of this

• Like 2

Translated article from Chinese medical student in Italy. Essentially.... they are in dire straights right now, and not the band. Medical   Students who are scheduled to graduate within two years are being called into service and given degrees, if they answer the call.   Selective treatment is being done. If you are older and not doing well.... your are not treated. Doctors are making the call who to treat. Please note, I have no,way of knowing if this is true, though I think it’s accurate. 

Another Translated video from Madrid at least some doctors maybe all are having to pull respirators from elderly and give to younger patients. The doctor was crying his eyes out. I don’t blame him. 

Its ugly..  

• Sad 1