Corona Virus Thread

3 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

f257947258eb3488bf9e4fb9887538c3.jpgthis whole quarantine thing really ain’t too bad. I feel bad for you city folk that can’t go out in the back 40 and do chorin! If I was stuck inside I don’t know what I’d do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As soon as I get the new Versa Turfs on the 2305 it will be chore time...in the meantime gator fun

C360FDE1-E4D0-4144-B542-547FBCF0EF5B.jpeg

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

f257947258eb3488bf9e4fb9887538c3.jpgthis whole quarantine thing really ain’t too bad. I feel bad for you city folk that can’t go out in the back 40 and do chorin! If I was stuck inside I don’t know what I’d do!

I walked to the back of our back 40 today, and it looks like it is drying up pretty good.   I might be able to start some spring plowing soon myself.  Last spring is was too wet and for the first time in well over 100 years, we did not grow any corn on our farm.   That meant that there were no deer here either, after the first shot was fired on opening day of gun season.

I don't know if I am thankful or sad that the factory where I work is considered "essential".  It would be nice to have a little more time for field-work, but at least they asked me to switch to second shift for the next couple weeks, so I will have a few more daylight hours available.  We make critical machinery for power generation and the Navy, and they still need that stuff during the crisis.   With all the bars and cafe's closed last week, the crowding around the microwaves was pretty intense at noon on first shift last week.    

I walked to the far back corner, where the range is, to get a big office chair out of my blind back there.   The only thing I saw out of that last gun season was a monster, red coyote.  I carried my Ruger 10/22, with the clip loaded with yellow jackets, just in case he showed up today at the tail end of the season.  No sign of him, but the wheat back there is looking pretty good, and there are lots of deer tracks in it.   The damn chair must weigh 50 pounds, and it was a pretty good workout carrying it all the way back, strapped to my back.  I don't own an ATV, and it is still a little too muddy to drive a tractor back there.             

38 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

[mention]Four Season Whitetail's [/mention] checking in buddy. You haven’t posted in a while. You good?

All is well, Thanks.  I check in about everyday,  My phone shit the bed and now having a heck of a time with Taptalk trying to get hooked back up.   Bucks are putting new growth on already and even found a couple sweet sheds out in the back 40...                         Everyone stay safe till this crap passes for sure!

• Like 9

All is well, Thanks.  I check in about everyday,  My phone shit the bed and now having a heck of a time with Taptalk trying to get hooked back up.   Bucks are putting new growth on already and even found a couple sweet sheds out in the back 40...                         Everyone stay safe till this crap passes for sure!

Nice!

So today my husband and I have decided  to self quarantine.  I will be going on leave of absence  from my job and he will be using his 3 weeks of vacation  time .  I have heart and thyroid  problems and he has diabetes  . So we are both getting  worried about bring it home to my mother or each other . Am I getting scared? Yes . I am .  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

So today my husband and I have decided  to self quarantine.  I will be going on leave of absence  from my job and he will be using his 3 weeks of vacation  time .  I have heart and thyroid  problems and he has diabetes  . So we are both getting  worried about bring it home to my mother or each other . Am I getting scared? Yes . I am .  

Sounds like a sensible plan.  Try not to be scared, you are making the right decision by staying home.  Stay healthy and active. 

• Like 1

Glad to hear you are staying home, I have not left the house since Wednesday and have no to leave any time soon I am actually going to share a link for those of you who live in the NY metro area for bulk home delivery of food from a wholesaler

I saw a special on them on Westchester news. Said they lost 80% of restaurant, but gained 60% back in retail to homes?

I don’t know if that is true or not but I do know they are a competitor of mine but are a very good company. I used them when I was a working chef

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chef said:

I don’t know if that is true or not but I do know they are a competitor of mine but are a very good company. I used them when I was a working chef

I see their truck doing early morning deliveries all the way up into N. Dutchess in Rhinebeck.

I see their truck doing early morning deliveries all the way up into N. Dutchess in Rhinebeck.

Yea they don’t have a huge selection as they cater to the high end but they are a pretty big company

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No stimulus package. [mention]The Jerkman [/mention] still hitting that SDOW? DOW futures down 5% again hit the trigger

Democrats couldn't get their greedy hands on enough of the funds so they voted it down .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Democrats couldn't get their greedy hands on enough of the funds so they voted it down .

They want to back tax on it.....

So they mail everyone a check....they want 2000 and then 1000......and when you file taxes and if you made to much; they want it back.

That congresswoman from NYC that was a bartender was on press today touting that plan.

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I hiked a few miles today, checked cams and pulled 7 deer ticks off

NYC folks getting out there too.  People just keeping their distance.  Hit up Tibbets Brooks on Sat and Van Cortlandt today.  There  were people golfing in Van Cortlandt.

IMG_5907.jpg

• Like 2

The Demoncraps are all that is wrong in Congress.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I’m fine with delayed mortgage payments, but I didn’t like the idea of cash being sent out. Too many people out there would use it on drugs and other things that don’t effect the economy anyway